PVP Changes

Oh, good for you! How nice. What about a player who doesn’t own a Lord of Slaughter? Or any other meta troop that’s needed in the given restriction region to reliably win? Pay to get the troop or go home? Come on. Let other people ENJOY the game too.

Also: 8 out of 10 is not winning reliably. Winning 99 out of 100 is winning reliably.

You want difficulty - great. So take your difficulty and enjoy it, but don’t tell me that I have to enjoy the same things that you do. Not everyone wants EVERYTHING to be difficult. We already have 500 level delves, events that get harder and harder with each battle (and medals once every 4 weeks), Underspire that gets harder as the weeks goes on, epic trials, and what not - all difficult and difficult. Why can’t ONE mode be player-friendly? And one that doesn’t have a gazzilion pop-ups disrupting the playing (Explore, I’m looking at you). I wouldn’t be that much sour about PvP if we still had the casual (i.e. easier) option. But that’s no longer a thing so I’m going to complain that the entire PvP mode has now become TOO difficult in general.

16 Likes

Your not supposed to win 99 out of 100.
The game mode would be broke, if you did that.
Pure silliness.

Also, if someone hasn’t got lord slaughter, then unlucky.
Iv not got stellarux, I’m not crying.

Everyone wants everything straight away , without working for it, pure societal issue.

PvP is good.

2 Likes

Oh great. They let you back on to the forums to demean everybody that doesn’t agree with you, and remind us how great you are at the game - and a meta wand user no less.

14 Likes

I think this is a great update. people will play pvp less and will do more useful things than grinding pvp mode

3 Likes

Arena. Hasn’t got pop ups or meta opponents.

You should have fun there, ofcourse you don’t get books :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll have more time for yoga. And taking walks without the phone on me. Yip, just that.

1 Like

Yep the grinders can’t get easy books.

It’s all about the game strategy again.

Great mode , there’s already a lot less high numbers in the top 100.

Great update.

1 Like

Just so you know, Truth, people suspect you work for GOW as you recently popped out of nowhere and always defend the new game changes vehemently.

6 Likes

I just want to reiterate that I think there is a strong need for those three battles that we’re offered to actually be different degrees of difficulty. There should always be an easy/low reward fight, a medium difficulty/medium reward fight, and a hard/high reward fight. That wouldn’t fix everything that’s wrong with PVP, but it’s the fastest fix I can come up with that would solve a high percentage of the issues/complaints I see registered here and in my various GoW-related Discords.

Most of the fights I now get are basically identical in Team Score and often enough in actual team makeup. This is an example of the three fights I was offered, which I dropped into my own guild’s Discord earlier today while we were commiserating about this:

So I was offered basically the same three fights with almost identical opponents and effectively the same team score/difficulty. And this is just the one I happened to be offered right when people in Discord were complaining about this. I could post screenshots like this all night. If I’d made any effort at all to cherry pick, I could have come up with a battle with three identical sets of opponents.

I’m also seeing (as well as personally experiencing) a lot of annoyance about the fact that now - when you pick a battle between opponents 1, 2, 3 - whichever two you didn’t fight are now simply returning in the next round instead of getting a brand new group of three (like it used to do). Which is just exacerbating the problem, IMO.

35 Likes

My comment has primarily to do with rewards. I have collected all the pets that can be purchased with silver marks. Because of minion orbs, I do not need to purchase more than one of each. So now what use are silver marks? I don’t need talismans to win battles. So they’re just accumulating.

Similarly, now that I am in Diamond League, there is no way as a player on iOS to make it to the top 3, especially when I land in a group with bots. The smart thing to do would be to not play for a week and hope to get demoted so that I have a chance in a lower tier. That seems counterproductive as an incentive.

Finally, there is nothing in the current format that allows me to play with my guild and thereby have our performance benefit each other. I don’t understand the thinking.

4 Likes

Back to defense teams there were plenty irritating teams everyone hated but nobody ever played them as attacking team. By making this new PVP concept you were fixing this issue, but it took too long and you’ve added tons of imbalanced troops/weapons ingame meanwhile.

People rarely got Wand enemy back then because there were other options for defend, so they didn’t complain much. There were no [3x Magic] self looping dragons back then, and even if, there was freeze at least without cheap dispel. There were no Takasha with self-charging and free dispel, neither.

Current cry is about toning down all those mechanics AND long time reported Elementalist supremacy. Nothing will be done, tho. PVP is a pain now again, but much much bigger than the old one with Towers and Thiefs.

5 Likes

Agree with this - either casual PVP or three very distinct difficulty levels for matches, so one can grind easier battles for Class XP, fight harder battles for more VP.

PLUS the other important point is to be able to switch up teams fast, like we could in the old PVP. Like sometimes I know exactly what team I would need to win a battle, but it takes too much time to go fetch another team and add it manually, so I don’t switch and end up losing.

One cannot win with the same team all the time - like the skull teams require a different approach etc.

Playing with just one team all the time is what causes people to lose a lot of battles, which is upsetting.

13 Likes

people choose the best attacking team, and they really are the best right now. For defense team this can be fixed by randomly selecting troops (rather than copying the entire attacking team). And the hero’s weapon and class can be copied from the attacking team. This has already been suggested in the thread, I assume

2 Likes

^ This.
We should have 3 options, with fixed ranges.

1. 20-45 VP, low level enemies
  2. 45-70 VP, mid level enemies
  3. 70-95 VP, high level enemies

And all three options should change after every battle. So you always see similar options, but with different actual teams. Not getting stuck with the same options, forcing you to pick bad choices you don’t like, just to waste player time and make the mode harder/worse.

20 Likes

Perhaps it’s too complicated to set up this way, but defense teams should be set up by the player. Similar to Guild Wars, you should be restricted to only using each troop once across all kingdoms, including the hero (after all a person can’t be in two places at once can they?). The hard part here, is what’s the point of a good defense team? What do you get for a defense win? Why go through all that effort to set all those teams? If you don’t care to set it, it should default to the way it chose for you sans hero, where people enjoyed PvP. This method will allow you to use the hero, but it will reduce its occurrence by a factor of 10 (because 10 regions).

This is obviously more complicated, helping the player to choose teams, with all the restrictions, and greying out a troop that fits within the restriction, but is currently used elsewhere, and what happens when they shift for the week?

I feel like this method could come into play whenever you implement alliances, whatever those are, and that this could be more fun overall. You just have to give your characters bonuses of some kind when they win a defense battle. I think it would be neat if they were bonuses unique to the troop. Maybe call it valor, and a troop gets it by attacking or defending, (more if you win) and getting enough unlocks extra artwork for that character or something.

Defense teams simply cannot be your last attack team. I think you know this now. But I do hate when you nerf in response. There are more creative and enjoyable fixes than nerfing, it just takes a little more effort, unfortunately.

2 Likes

good luck today… :rofl: red region …blood frency is activate,stella and takshaka only

3 Likes

I’ve read everything up to this point but wanted clarity on one thing:

A lot of you are saying you want the Hero Class to be affected by the region restrictions, I’m just wondering would you want the colour restrictions to apply to the Weapon selection as well or not?

If not, I’d love to hear about why as part of the detail to include in the feedback.

My brain glitched ignore me :joy:

1 Like

I feel yes that would be nice, BUT. With wand it would make no difference.

2 Likes

I’m low key wondering if restricting Weapons would actually make it more difficult.

Are you telling me that you don’t know that color restriction for weapons is ALREADY there in the game?

4 Likes