PVP Changes

Ya this is not fun at all. Every battle is elementalist wand of stars with diamantina, stellerix, and/or, Takshaka. Why would we want to play against only the most meta/annoying teams in the game over and over again?

16 Likes

How many times I played PVP, I always saw same troop, same class, same weapon

2 Likes

I wonder if they will ever get this game right this game should go back ton7.3 until they can make it run smoothly and not have bugs whats the point anymore theres always 10 things to make you unhappy in this game having hero in all fights is bad idea and will drive the rest of the die hards away and the last nail can be put into this games coffin at this point . I have lost all faith that this game will ever be fun again

6 Likes

Got to 20, picked up all rewards, left PvP until next week. And went offline sooner as usual as well.

I used to play PvP a lot. Went 6 figures most weeks and always finished on a top spot. But even books aren’t worth the grind when I can play other game modes or even other games as well.

To make it short. Pets still aren’t available for me after years of being online everyday for hours and now PvP has been “cancelled” too. Time to say goodbye soon …

@Kafka @Bramble

8 Likes

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I’ve been keeping an eye in here. I’m going to be making another PVP feedback report this week, so while any time is a good time to give feedback, now is especially a good time to give PVP feedback!

Thought I’d let you know in case there was anything else you wanted to share but maybe hadn’t yet. I know there’s tonnes of feedback already for me to include!

23 Likes

im going to take a lot of flack for this, but you stated in the past that there were the issues with pvp with regards to hero and points. People are mad when things are broken and now seemingly when they are fixed.
Yes the wand, stella and elementalist teams are every where now. But that is all that needs looked at. I like that the scoring appears to be fairer now. Of course the lower levels are not happy with that. Over all im happy with the fix.

2 Likes

Honestly, there’s nothing new to add. People say Wand of Stars is OP when combined with the new Stellarix, and people have been complaining for years about Elementalist being an OP hero class (due to the 3rd trait AND access to Fortitude).

Also, Hero being exempt from Troop Type and/or Kingdom (i.e: Class) restrictions in restricted PVP zones is bad design. E.g. if Broken Lands is requiring Construct teams then we should ONLY be seeing Geomancer class Heroes present in the defense team, yet I’m seeing everything from Archmagus to Warlord (also, Elementalist).

…to be fair, I do understand that this could be a deeply rooted issue – the Hero’s Kingdom and Troop Type for a given battle are dictated first and foremost by the equipped Class, when it’s the choice of Weapon that dictates if they’re even present on the team at all.

8 Likes

The complaints you are seeing here are the same kind of complaints I hear about Guild Wars. When you implement restrictions and allow player teams for defense, it naturally evolves in a couple of meta teams that everyone uses. This is no different than PVP before, except now there is just more of it.

From my perspective, it seems better to have more options. Maybe you have strong troops from Zaejin but not Hellcrag. You can go fight with your Zaejin team and have a better chance of winning.

There was no way to use either Dia or Stella in today’s blood frenzy regions. Class and weapons restrictions might make it more interesting, but in the end, it will be the same problem.

This game rewards long time players because they have more troop and weapon options and their stats are higher. There is no getting around that unless you make brackets for PVP like GW, where you are only competing with people within a certain range. A level 2200 player should annihilate a level 1500 player, unless they get a terrible starting board. So while I appreciate the attempt to make the scoring more fair to higher level players, I’m not sure this is the best solution.

I played in both blood frenzy regions today and actually had fewer higher VP level battles than I did last week. It’s just one day of the updated PVP for me so far, so maybe it will get better. Based on today though, I’d say the scoring change is a wash at best.

I liked playing the “real” defense teams - it was harder. But it did get repetitive. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast and adding in more restrictions will make the problem worse for most players. Imagine a complete Pridelands restriction and you don’t have Rope Dart yet and multiply that by 38.

@Kafka, I hope this is helpful.

3 Likes

It’s unpleasant to spend resources and still lose, you lose undefeated in pvp and other resources. We have to settle for disgusting apologies and rewards.

Why all of sudden, PVP feels like Guild Wars?!
Painful fights and repetitive enemy set up.

Changing PVP for the worse. Please stop ruining the game and suck the fun off the game.

Bad decisions after bad decisions… players are walking away from the game unfortunately more and more.

Please think before you do changes.

17 Likes

As usual your lack of foresight means that your “fix” is actually a break. Identical meta battles as far as the eye can see. PVP is become arena level pointless.

15 Likes

The feedback is NOT “nerf troops/classes”.
:vulcan_salute:

24 Likes

I’d be very happy to see Stella nerfed; it’s a pay-to-win sledgehammer in PvP.

1 Like

We need the class to meet the kingdom restriction.

In construct restriction this week.

Iv seen , elementalist and stormcaller, it makes the hero not a construct.

Needs a fix asap.

Everything else in PvP is really good.

1 Like

I get it is now proper PVP, but now there is no place to grind out Class XP, like we used to in the old Casual PVP. Battles are now too difficult and slow. Can there be an easy Casual PVP area for less VP perhaps?

7 Likes

Please do not nerf any more troops or classes. That will not solve the problem.

9 Likes

I see two (maybe even three) HUGE problems with the “fix” (I know that only now it works as designed, but when I first read how it was supposed to be designed in the first patch notes after the update, I knew that when it was actually working as designed, I’d hate it, just as I hated the old ranked PvP. And I do hate it, and it makes me want to play less, not more. We had at least one person write “I’m done” after seeing the changes to PvP already, and I guess there’s more comments like this to come).

1. People, naturally, gravitate towards the best / most optimal teams possible. Meaning that in construct / suncrest areas, there are 2-3 meta teams in each that appear over. and over. and over. and over again. Mind you, the most obnoxious and annoying construct team doesn’t even have a construct troop as a main damage dealer - it’s the Ruby Macaque weapon! Usually used with a class other than Geomancer… After fighting 10, I fought them all and I just don’t want to play any longer. The hero-less version at least had VARIETY. Not any longer.

2. We lost the last place in the game where we could just “zen out” and move gems around, and just relax. While I appreciate what angels/merchants are for, all the constant pop-ups made Explore unplayable for this purpose. And why we lost it? It takes me to no. 3:

3. PvP has suddenly become insanely difficult. It is now an embodiment of EVERYTHING that was wrong with old ranked PvP, with NOTHING making it better in any sort of way or form. It’s back to “lose, lose, lose, maybe win, win, lose, win, lose, win, lose” ← this is NOT FUN. Has any player, ever, said that their goal in any game, and what makes any game fun, is to keep on losing? Nope, they want keep on winning. I avoided PvP when it was still ranked, I avoided Central Spire ever since the changes, and now I no longer have a place to go where it is NOT insanely difficult. Do all modes now have to be insanely difficult for no real reason? Why…?

The increase in VP is nice, but it gives me NOTHING, when I keep losing. And I have to say, losing a Victory Talisman, because the enemy allowed me ONE turn, and then just looped me to death, is the opposite of fun. It took effort to gain that Victory Talisman, I want to be able to reliably use it and gain from it, not lose it to stupid meta teams.

Don’t nerf any more troops (you do see that Journey nerf was an overkill, right?) or weapons, or classes; bring back the FUN in the mode.

22 Likes

This update really, really sucks. I’ve been playing for 6 years and this is THE most lop-sided, unbalanced change to the game ever imo. Every battle is an AI enemy loop fest somehow, with no way to go back and replay the battle for practice to see if there’s a team build to beat the AI RNG. It’s like guild war horrors every single PvP battle now.

20 Likes

How about going all the way back to the game that we love, old PVP, Guild wars, Dungeon and even old arena is better than the new one.

Bring back the old card design, which was much much better and easier to use than the new ones.

Lots of wrong decisions and terrible choices when these changes are made.

Please review your changes and make it right.
The game now is going down unfortunately and if you keep doing these awful changes no one will continue playing.

All the best to everyone.

3 Likes

I’m level 1578

Using geomancer

Wand
Nexus portal
Kryshound
Lord of slaughter .

I’m winning 8 out of ten.

I’m top 100.

And iv fought less than 70 fights.

How about people use brains, try troops .
Find a team that works.

Why are the same people that cried over the journey nerf, crying now .
Every game mode shouldn’t be easy, I find the difficulty fun.

If people want easy, play explore one .

2 Likes