PVP Changes

Oh please no I am still leveling classes and that would be terrible. I want to play with whatever class I am leveling.

2 Likes

Again, why does the Hero get to be exempted from (almost) EVERY requirement imposed on other troops in a given mode?

• you can use a non-Faction color weapon in Delves.
  • you can use a non-Kingdom class during Raid Bosses.
  • you can use a non-Troop Type class during Tower Invasions.
  • etc
4 Likes

No, this isn’t the same as the old PvP. Only Central Spire was, and remains, similar in battle content to the old PvP. As we know the other kingdoms, especially the outer ones, significantly limit the troops that are available. The (predictable) result with today’s change is that we now continually face the same very small number of defense teams battle after battle within each. I, for one, don’t find this enjoyable.

Even within the colour kingdoms I’m already tired of playing against my clone team of Wand of Stars and Stellarix multiple consecutive times.

More challenging? Sure. More fun? Not for me, not at all.

19 Likes

And this is before the realization sets in that you can make some really obnoxious teams since you know now that others are going to face the last team you used.

Books are now back on the table for any of the color areas. You know on offense and defense both that they have to play into your color and with some of the recently released troops, you can consistently outrace their Wand and drain it over and over again.

Seeing defenses winning > 40% of the time won’t be uncommon at all. While that number doesn’t matter at all for scoring (yet), it does mean that 40% of players are going to be really pissed at how obnoxious the defenses go. And it’s only Day 1.

7 Likes

My game still crashes when clicking on enemy hero. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit: This happens ONLY on Blood Frenzy regions. @Kafka

Edit 2: Game crashed pre battle screen on Summer Isle (Suncrest) when clicking enemy hero.

3 Likes

So some VP rework did actually happen? Color me surprised, didn’t expect that.
But it’s about the only thing with thumbs up; everything else is nothing to write home about.

It’s funny remembering how people jumped up and down and happily clapped their little hands with PvP is so interesting now! PvP is now so cool!
I told you so, guys - it all would be gone as soon as they fixed the issue with players’ attack teams not being set as defense teams for other players to face.
You only found PvP rework cool and interesting because enemies were explore-sque randomly thrown together bunch of troops. It seems more or less fixed now and what do you get? - Enemies swiftly gravitate towards a small number of choices everybody uses for attack and prominent number of folks only able enough to use Elementalist for every possible battle as a nice and charming bonus.

I used to look for daily Valhawks for a while - I’m guessing that’s a thing of the past now. Achieving weekly PvP goals today was enough to convince me to stop bothering with that. 6500 points and to hell with everything else.

14 Likes

If you have a construct restriction.
Then the class needs to be construct.

Or it’s not a construct restriction, that’s obvious to a British person.

Wakey wakey Australia.

Ps. Love everything else about PvP.
The restrictions, the lollyice sigils, the ravens. The hero’s now being in all teams.

Only one fix needed, a team is 4 troops, so classes should be the restriction. I think this must be an oversight by the Devs.

5 Likes

I have a solution to this madness. You are capped at 10 PvP games each day (ofc you can buy more sigils with cash and capped at 5 more sigils per day). How is that? More revenue for the game and less frustration for the players.

It is NOT fun having to deal with the same obnoxious teams on every single battle. The VP point change is good, but that means nothing when I can’t enjoy PVP anymore because of the change to defense teams.

PLEASE consider reverting PVP defense teams back to the way they were in 7.3.

22 Likes

This. (10 char.)

6 Likes

another problem,every replaced place its the same 5-6 players.

7 Likes

Ah, this is the return of the PvP meta after a few months off; and a sledgehammer demonstration of how profoundly Wand of Stars and Stellarix have unbalanced the meta.

15 Likes

And, of course, the only villain was the journey troop…

11 Likes

Oh now don’t even think about nerfing Wand or dragons. They are very useful in Explores and Delves, and other places. PVP will still suck if you nerfed them, so just don’t.

11 Likes

As someone who was actively saying on here that PvP rework felt like explore with limits, and that I preferred it that way, I really wish they’d left that part alone. Central spire can work like old PvP, with no limits, so that there’s variety in enemy teams. But, the outer regions worked well with limits and no defense teams, and I’d prefer they stuck with that. The current system with defense teams that end up all being the same or similar just feels boring and annoying. What’s the point?

And then I consider the mode from a developer POV. I guess I want the mode to be difficult, to encourage players to pay for talismans and monolith bonuses. I guess I want it to be annoying so players give me money for shortcuts. I guess I want you, the player, to have a crappy time, so I can squeeze your cash out of you. So, yeah, pushing heroes back when certain classes and weapons are wildly unbalanced makes sense to me. Pushing for limits that create irritating defense teams to be the norm in nearly every battle makes sense. Making it ridiculously common among higher level players, who will be the ones that players need to beat in order to get the most points, and maximise the gains of blood frenzy and victory talismans, makes sense.
But as a player, this does not make sense. This feels more like bad design. This feels like a bad game mode. This feels like something to be avoided, certainly not somewhere to throw money. As a player, this makes me want to play something else.
Even if I can understand what the devs might have been thinking, decisions like this just feel frustrating, because they make the game less enjoyable and I don’t get that.

19 Likes

Just to note: I’d actually be OK with the outer regions in PvP using heroes and weapons IF the hero classes and weapons were randomly chosen, instead of the current defense system which should be central spire only. Especially if the weapon and class options were limited to the choices for that region. Whether the player can actively use other options when attacking in PvP, the defending team should be locked to those limits, and randomly chosen within them.

At least then we’d see less wand of stars + elementalist, etc. and more variety in most regions defense teams.

2 Likes

I was thinking of the exact same idea. Heck, even using the person’s chosen weapon but randomizing the troops would help greatly.

3 Likes

Not impressed,first pvp update was a breath of fresh air to the event …but this latest change has knocked the wind and fun right out of it…

13 Likes

PvP is terrible now. Heros are back and now every game is a pain in the butt. Im done with PvP. Im not touching it anymore. Too much of a headache.

You guys are really trying kill this game off arent you? I think I’m done with this game. Every update makes the game less fun.

9 Likes

That doesn’t really matter. Players found it more fun that way and this is a game and games are meant to be fun. With the old way players that disliked and avoided PvP could play it and players that enjoyed PvP the way it was with heroes still had central spire.

9 Likes