PSA regarding saved up keys and 2.0

That would move all active guilds into the top 1000 or so easily.

@Studs the boy who cried nerf

2 Likes

Dragon armor is the main difference but the real key is t just get to 1000 and boom game breaks. It’s get to 1000 because you really enjoy the game and then work your butt off every week to stay competitive and advance your guild. Play 400 trophies a week and your gold will do just as well.

I think that the advent of better vip chests addresses the “uselessness” of gems quite well.

1 Like

I like that idea. But, I’d be curious if the devs would be motivated to do that when it would basically undermine their troop bundles for cash in the shop.

I’d have to strongly disagree with this one. There’s no reason that casual players shouldn’t have a chance to obtain all troops in the game.

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything wrong with this aspect of the system as it stands. You don’t stay in a top-20 guild for long without pulling your weight, and if you’re pulling your weight, you should be rewarded for it. As others have pointed out, if there are diminishing returns on time invested, the logical reaction is to just not invest past a certain point. And then you’re left with little to do, and a dangerous lapse in playtime that threatens to become permanent over time.

I also agree with @Ashasekayi: All troops should be accessible to all players, even those who choose to remain guildless (though the drop rates need not remain consistent to all acquisition paths).

1 Like

Well, as long as we don’t get “game-breaking” and “guild-exclusive” troops i can’t see why not, but it was my mistake for not explaining it further. What i initially thought was a “Guild pack” with a certain troop to be obtained using the same tokens we use for gems masteries, mainly because at some point a player at higher level does not care anymore for gems masteries unless there is an enemy with a Jinx trait on the board, but some troops are really hard to get sometimes… And this is all in the realm of “What if…” we don’t have any clue on how guilds will be at 2.1.

I don’t get this. lower guilds are not punished they usually not as active and get less rewards, but by that comment sounds like you want to punish the highly active upper guilds for being active :frowning:
top guilds I know work hard and stay very active even close to what I would call a job/work instead of game how can you suggest to make it less rewarding for there efforts.
Fyi I not in a Top guild but in no way see more work = less pay

2 Likes

Also: diminishing returns means a front loaded week of activity for the highly active guilds, which tapers off to nothing at the end of the week. Eventually those players would get tired of that and just quit.

A good solution is to have alternatives to the gem/key tasks that are good for the guild in done way but perhaps not necessarily towards three individuals of the guild.

Although I still think that’s not necessary. Why does it matter that higher end players get more stuff? Those players are also spending money when there is things to spend money on.

2 Likes

Further PSA:

Transcript:
Slynthia: The first Mythic troop WON’T be in a chest after 2.0 goes live
Slynthia: unless that’s changed
Piros: Sirrian said otherwise a few hours ago
Annaerith: Sirrian said today they mythic eill be out instantly wkth patch
Slynthia: (If Sirrian is still here he can confirm/deny that)
Piros: in global
Sirrian: Mythic WILL actually be in when 2.0 goes live

EDIT: More Details(apologies for poor image, conversation was spread over multiple lines, so I edited it to make it a smaller, easier read)

Transcript:
Sirrian: We weren’t sure when we made the video
Slynthia: yeah that’s fair
Sirrian: But we decided to push it live since it’s pretty cool
Crippl: Willl that one be available via glory or only gems?
Sirrian: glory or gems
Sirrian: A very low change in the glory chest though

7 Likes

I should have saved more keys!

1 Like

Wish i could see the pictures.

The important stuff about the global chat:

• The new Mythic troop will come live with 2.0.
  • It will be obtainable in gem or glory chests. Low chance on glory chests.
1 Like

Which pictures? Are the images blocked for you?

will it be able to be gotten from straight glory rewards?

@Rasper:
New kingdom event is (presumably) on monday. When 2.0 goes live the current event will get a restart for the new leaderboards and PVP ranks, but the Nobend Brothers and the Arcane Lava stones will remain in the glory packs. So event keys will give Zaejin centric troops until the event change on monday.

Indeed, so I’ll hold keys a bit longer it seems.

The images failed to load for me. I was able to see the pics through a linked post though.

Yeah, but on the picture of the global chat Sirrian said it’s “a very low chance though”

O.o weird… I’ve added text transcripts in case anyone else has issues.

1 Like