PSA regarding saved up keys and 2.0

I can understand your concerns @Studs, but i see it from another angle, the players that are able to put more effort into the guilds really deserves some great rewards, and while a lot of keys and gems are obtained, none of them guarantees nothing. The RNGod works in erratic ways…
Maybe the way the guilds are going to be reworked will reduce the rewards but also add more features for what we can do with the investiments.

2 Likes

? seems they are doing the most work “play” and are getting the most,unless you are one of the less active players in a guild and are being carried i wouldn’t call it easy :confused:

Wish my guild was that active, we have trouble completing tasks and complain when one errors out.

Taking difficulty out of PvP in 2.0 will significantly reduce the gold pillaged, particularly for non-VIP players.

Any ‘nerf’ will hit the small & weaker guilds more than the stronger guilds - imagine them having to work just as hard for 5 gems or 6 GKs. That is unless the rewards use a diminishing reward method. But this would likely drive long term players from the game and the forums, to which they voluntarily share their game-knowledge.

1 Like

I am in a lower guild, (yes i might be the weakest player in the game) so i can confirm 7k is about the most we can do (outside of my outstanding 100k weekly gold making) for tasks.

Exactly, you’d reach a point where it wasn’t worth doing any more tasks and just not play till reset. As that period gets longer it gets easier to just stop all together.

I fully believe that if the devs thought it was economy breaking, they would have made changes in the last year and a half that they have been being used.

The devs aren’t shy about changing things when they feel like it breaks the game in a way the don’t want.

Therefore I can only conclude today the system is totally fine.

1 Like

And as I understand it, 2.1 is going to be a guild rework right? So we’ll likely see some rebalancing with whatever system the decide on for future tasks.

When you hope for purchase able items from a guild store or a tithing system or about a million other things for the guild.

1 Like

Yes, I hope 2.1/2.2 makes the rewards have diminishing returns, though I think the most elegant solution is for the costs to increase with each completion until the weekly reset. That way lower guilds aren’t punished as heavily. No one wants a regressive system.

I think they’ve left it bc it went on for too long before the problems became clear and they were worried about a massive revolt if they changed it significantly.

You know there’s a problem with the economy somewhere when there’s a massive thread about what people would spend money on and the consensus is that Gem Chests aren’t worth it bc you get so many gems and glory chests from guilds.

Legendaries shouldn’t be as easy to come by as they are for end-gamers. That’s both a drop rate issue and an economy issue. The drop rate is pretty reasonable at lower levels, so guild seems like the obvious solution.

My hope is that they’ll introduce other cool new stuff so it’s not such a big deal. What that is, I have no idea, but Guild-only troops seems like the obvious thing.

1 Like

What do you mean by “guild-only” troops?

Like a new chest or bundle where you can only get it by doing guild stuff and using some sort of guild currency.

Maybe troops that can be unlocked only by guild tasks and/or at certain guild levels. I would bet that we will get to level up our guilds in a new way to get some extras aside from gem masteries.

The diminishing returns actually would hurt everyone with a bigger impact on lower guilds that have less players than bigger guilds. Some or most guilds rarely have a contribution of over 10k. With diminished returns we are talking about low level guilds only doing less contributions over time while bigger guilds start to feel the pinch after a few rounds. This does not solve the contribution issue but emphasizes it. Remember that most players on the forum qare mid to late game so for those who can contribute big gold obviously can, whereas those who don’t visit the forum will wonder why their huge task cost is getting further out of reach.

That’s just not true. If every gold you invest becomes worth less over time then it most effects those with the most gold to donate. That’s basic math/economics.

But I also said there should be a weekly reset. So what you’d see is little change in most guilds (only completing each task a couple of times, as they are now) whereas the end-game guilds would hit a soft cap some point below the current level.

Say i contribute 100k a week and am the only member to contribute would i hit the soft cap? Also how would you handle the reset when tasks buffed by the cap have gold in them when the reset comes?

I would have to disagree that imposing a cap would benifit lower guilds. The thing is that the lower guilds are capable of donating just as much and higher lever guilds if they would play a little more weekly. A cap would lower even low level guilds resource earning potential and they need the keys most of all. The biggest issue I see here runs the same line as those who grind endless challenges for traitstones, should they receive less rewards for completing games because they spend 4+ hours in one day doing an easy challenge over and over again to grind souls and stone? Players who plays 50+ PVP games a day should be able to use those resources to advance themselves (via donating for keys/gems).

I just think it’s unfair to dimmish rewards for people who play a lot because other people who could play the same amount of time for the same results have “better” things to do with there time then grind a game.

Nah, you don’t make gold as fast when you’re lower level bc you’re restricted in terms of access to Dragon Armor, difficulty level, and amount of gold on opposing players. When you get higher level you make 5x or more as much gold and often for faster matches.

It would also be pretty easy to look at non-end-game guilds and see how much gold is flowing through per week to set a benchmark that doesn’t negatively impact folks that are earlier on and need the resources more.

That benchmark is almost 1000 guilds that are dead in the water contributing nothing.

Be reasonable. You can filter out inactive guilds. Look at the median and standard deviations from it…