PS4 Global Chat Announcement

Hello matchers,

As some of you may be aware, I have recently (with the assistance of the lovely @Kafka) done a big clean up in the PS4 global chat. I wanted to take the time to talk about my process and what spurred this decision to avoid any confusion.

We have been experiencing several issues with the PS4 global chat over the last few months, which prompted us to take action. Unfortunately, while we did receive the odd report about player behaviour in chat we were very rarely provided with screenshots. It is our policy that we cannot ban a player without proof of their language and conduct. As such, we cannot accept hearsay as a valid reason to issue a ban.

Since coming into global chat on PS4 and explaining this, myself, Kafka and support saw a huge influx of messages with screenshots. Because of this we took appropriate action and banned a number of players for violating Community Guidelines. (If you havenā€™t read them before, please take the time to do so.) Now, some of these screenshots date back to as far as two months ago. However, if a player has said something (or even issued threats) we will still ban them for their previous behaviour. We are of the opinion that if you violate our guidelines and make other players feel unsafe that it is not unreasonable for you to take responsibility for your actions or words. It is our hope that the players that were issued bans will be able to return and continue (or start!) to act as upstanding members of our community.

Ideally I would never issue bans. As many in our playerbase know we are fairly lenient when it comes to community behaviour, we are hardly militant moderators. That being said, I will not hesitate to ban players who continuously violate our community guidelines. This can be by harassing other players, being sexually explicit in nature, trolling or making racist, transphobic or homophobic remarks. No one should be made to feel unsafe in our community. (A little cheekiness here and there is fine, but outright attacking others is not.)

We are doing our best to make the community a better place and we felt this was a very important place to start. After things start improving we will take a closer look into Xbox One global chat. Please bear with us while we do our best to make this community safe for all our players.

Hereā€™s to chat getting cleaner and players reported more often. Letā€™s all endeavour to be kind to each other and enjoy Gems of War.

(PS, if you ever want to report another playerā€™s behaviour with screenshots there are a few ways in which you can do so. The first it to contact Support. The next is to PM me here on the forums, my inbox is always open! The third is to contact the illustrious @Kafka.)

15 Likes

Ok xbox next?

1 Like

Yes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for this Salty the Chat already seems better today as many are on their ā€œbetter behaviourā€ the PS4 chat has been so toxic for so long I usually donā€™t even bother to go into it unless I know my kids are no where near the screen. The harassment and sexual ā€œchatā€ just has no place in a ā€œpublicā€ chat room IMO (there are lots of places on the internet already for people to go for this type of thing).
I appreciate you and Kafka cleaning up, hopefully chat becomes something better than it has been for a long while and people start to come back to it to use it as Iā€™m sure it was originally intended.

4 Likes

You can also contact me.

But we need you guys to help us by providing screenshots. Weā€™ll definitely act on bad language and behaviour ASAP but we canā€™t do anything without evidence. The more the better to detail the conversation. You can do this by submitting a ticket to support too, if you like, as Salty mentioned. :rocket:

2 Likes

Canā€™t call out dude.

Iā€™ll still avoid in game chat, just too much crap in there. Nice to hear that it has been looked into and dealt with though.

4 Likes

So you donā€™t keep logs of all chat content from all platforms?

1 Like

I just learned that channel 100 is German, how many other channels are open out there besides 1?
Is there a list for us?
Iā€™m not looking to troll but it would be nice to recruit to the whole player base and not just channel 1. Thanks

@Santandrix

I did this list long time ago

3 Likes

Thx a lot 200 was dead.

See ā€˜What channels are there for different languagesā€™ in this article

ā€¦ or just read Rickyā€™s post :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: