Problem to launch the game (Error 768 Asset corruption on Xbox)

hi this was posted on another thread, Maybe it helps narrow the search for the fault,

korpse999

6m

hi everybody.

I’ve got the same problem : asset corruption error 768.
I’m on XBOX One, in France
I was able to play till tuesday 1:00 AM (GMT +2)
I’ve tried to launch the game since Tuesday 4:00 PM (GMT +2) and I always have the same problem.
I’ve tried deleting the game, deleting the cache, the save, re-install everything, still no effect.
It’s not account related because my friend (In Belgium) managed to use my account, so probably not on the same server than me.
I also tried to change the language / region settings on console, but no effect…

I think it’s server related because it’s not affecting everybody.
Looks like in Brazil they got the same problem

On the launch of the game, we can see a quick download line on the bottom of the screen, and shortly after that the game is trying to downlad (same as video posted already with many asset corruption error 768 : retry…

Help us Obi-Wan Kenobi, you’re my only Hope :wink:

Set xbox to english
Try starting gems

Might have to delete reinstall to reset language.

No problem, shall i set my xbox from english to english or should i set it to another language 1st and then set it to english?

This is first report of this error happening in english. I thought only effect french and Portuguese

Sorry icenic did not see your post on what you tried.

No Problem, I am i the mood to stir sh!t, since i have no Gems to keep me busy otherwise, LOL :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you are right it is regional server related, some servers have corrupted game data while other regions fine. All bad servers seem to serve Portuguese and french areas.

Our french members from Canada and Switzerland are fine.

It seems you improve in your investigation. Good news :slight_smile:

Du coup en France on ne peux plus jouer quoi…

J’ai pu jouer hier soir, mais ce matin, le problème est revenu de mon côté…

So are any of the devs going to suggest reloading corrupted servers with files from servers currently working, or is that too obvious of a solution? surely there is at least one central server with both onsite and offsite back up that this can be done from?

One more thing, I installed GOW on my phone as a new install, it works and when closing and restarting remembers that which it should but i cannot link it to my existing account like some people might have, (wondering if there is anyone that can check that has a linked mobile account to their xbox1 account to see what happens.

You cant link console to mobile / steam :frowning:

2 Likes

I live in Brazil, but my Xbox language is set to English by default (I prefer English dubs and translations). I don’t think that has anything to do with this problem.

The time zone thing suggested above also doesn’t seem to matter because Brazil is GMT -3 and France is GMT + 2, right?

I really struggle to find a connection between Brazil, France and South Africa. My friend from Australia is able to connect just fine so you can’t even say that it’s affecting everyone outside the US and UK.

I think It’s clear that this is not an individual error and uninstalled the game won’t help anyone.

I can only imagine how stressful it must be for you guys to identify and fix this problem, but I hope you can do it as soon as possible.

1 Like

Just late last night I had one of the secret (don’t tell the players what changed) Data downloads occur. A player in our Guild had corruption issues this morning shortly after. And I see he is far from alone.

@Kafka I’m still convinced the problem is related to the Data Download… Perhaps not updating every console 100% of the time.

It seems wasteful and excessive to fix my problem before, and others we have to re download the entire game.

Can’t the small data download be verified for matching the correct version on the backend servers?

@VonBarten what day/time did the issue start? (and your timezone please)
—> For me, first time yesderday tuesday 4pm gtm +1, France zone
and since, impossible to start the game, same 768 error try after try. It’s like the video posted above.

I am down three people for my guild wars they cannot turn their games on and are having ear problems I have a Frenchman and two people from Brazil. I hope this is fixed before Guild Wars is over. And if it’s not what compensation will we get. This will severely affect our placement in a guild wars. And that is very important to us considering that it was pushed to every 28 days.

You can always log in as them and play their gems games for them…

Hey, I’m brazilian as well. Can’t say for the french, but:

Last sunday most of our cellphones were mistakenly updated to daylight savings time. This was postponed to 4th of november due to presidential brazil elections. This is still true if you have automatic time on your android or iphone. Right now my cellphone shows 15h25, and it’s actually 14h25. Perhaps you guys are getting the time from one source, and what xboxone/live expects is another time (can’t recall if the time on xbox one is the correct, 14h25, or it shows 15h25, since I’m not home).

Hope this can help

I’ve done everything… I will try to play through a VPN to try to fall on a US server, if it doesn’t work, I’ll have nothing else to do.

1 Like

That certainly suck when you can’t use mixer :stuck_out_tongue: