Poll UI 3.2 - Just wondering what you all think?

They do listen, they just seem to have contracted a serious case of extended communication failure.

One of the first things you learn about UI design is that, no matter what you do, the majority of feedback will always be negative. That’s why you talk early about it, show some of what you are doing to the intended target group, possibly make them feel involved in the design progress. It won’t prevent the backlash, the outrage tends to be considerably less though.

I really wonder why the keep the planned minor updates to the new UI secret, it’s not liked that worked out well the first time. They could instead show a few design screenshots, maybe open a poll which one of several feasible readability changes work out better. Anything other than, once again, shoving the celebration cake into our face and shouting “Suprise!”, then taking cover while hoping we’ll like the mess better this time around.

For those listening, there’s room for improvement here, and it would take little effort. I’d also like to cheer you up a little by adding that I actually like the new look, some features are quite nifty. I probably shouldn’t mention I work as developer, this may make the UI choice appear like an even worse idea.

2 Likes

i believed so, but they completely neglected a lot of QoL issues that were presented to them before this update.
They knew of those QoL issues, since they faced and even fixed them before, now they suddenly “forgot” about them?
They literally destroyed many “QoL fixes” they implemented before 3.2.

1 Like

Can’t save the whole world in a single day, miracles take a bit longer. Another reason to actually communicate with the community, if you only have the manpower to implement three out of ten changes, ask the community which ones they would prefer. They’ll be too busy beating their heads in to find much fault with what gets delivered. :face_with_head_bandage:

hello gems of war it would be nice if you would then apply all changes to all plattforms, Pc Mobile Ps 4 and Xbox.

it would be very nice if it all happens as fast as possible

Very disappointed with this update. It does not in anyway improve game play and seriously destroys the visual appeal of the game for me. Why give a sleek modern look to something that is supposed to be Mythic? I play on an android mobile device. Yes, servers would periodically not function properly but since i never had the chat rants on i never minded that. Yes, the game lagged sometimes loading mini games but not often enough to turn me away from the game. This update certainly could have that effect. The interface is ugly, the transparencies are distracting and make playing the game visually more difficult (at least for these old eyes) and as far as i can tell serve no purpose functionally.

4 Likes

Btw, devs pls attention:
in new ui i CANT see from map how much power i need to up kingdom!
I always focus to up kingdoms which need less resources, but now i should open each kingdom and go to “power” tab.
nice “user expirience” way!
instead informative power-bar we have super-useless Wings at kingdoms with 1 platinum star

P.S. why gold stars looks dark/blue at map, and platinum (blue) stars looks gold? god pls.
image image

P.P.S. Please Hire back ur old UI/UX designer and fire this newbie who work right now.

1 Like

A couple other nice features that have shown up that I like - (even if I can only play PVP for about 5 minutes at a time - which I hear there is going to be fix coming)

I like the BLOCK on all Traits with Stun. VERY VERY CLEAR now
I like the Block icon for no attack - tiny suggestion make it a color
I like that the screen doesn’t dismiss so quickly for GW. I can now track easier my points per battle
I actually like (Though I think is wrong) the My Bonuses dialog
I like the Troop Kingdom and Guild Bonus information cards (would like to see the total up in GW under Sentinels)

I don’t know why they don’t just do something like “5★”. Isn’t that easier to understand than various random colors of stars?

8 Likes

Or use roman numbers if they want something more cool.

every interface should be

1. easy as possible
  2. informative as possible, without losing 1st rule
  3. provide maximum data with minimum actions (with 1 look)

i cant believe they do so stupid things like “mix all information in 1 corner and leave other corner Blank”
now we should do more actions for getting same information, and much data just mixed and cheapy flatted.
its looks like pre-alfa now, only 1 fine thing is filters, but it should be improve too.

p.s. flat design can be very good, but it should do expirienced designer, not cheapy student or smth. it looks like 2005 is back.

They got rid of the gold and platinum stars now. For Kingdoms that are 1 - 5 stars, you will have the shield icon with no wings. As you get to 6+ stars, the wings are added (counting as 5 stars) and all stars shown are +1.

For the image you posted, the wings count as 5 and then 2 more gold stars shows your 7 star kingdom.

‘Devour’ issue is not solved by the changed matching trait. Wisp is still not sufficiently nerfed. AI gem cascades are immoderate. Please take away all ‘gambling’ stuff and replace it with true strategy! Just now the game is utterly annoying and nothing to enjoy. This is my last call for a change before I quit for good.

Update 2017-11-06: Thank you for nerfing Kraken & Trolls. This was a needed step. Hopefully it will work.
Update 2017-11-11: After testing; the nerf had not the desired effect. Today I faced 5 Troll-teams in GW. Battle results are still totally random and frustrating. The recent update was not satisfactory.
Update 2017-12-19: Kraken & Trolls are sufficiently nerfed now. Additionally more and more cards counter the devour ability. Took its time, but above issue is largely solved now; thank you.

1 Like

I completely agree. The new UI looks like a bad attempt in Unity. Old hand drawn (?) art was MUCH more aesthetically pleasing.

4 Likes

Love it and glad to hear it’s staying woop woop :smiley:

I liked old fantasy UI, it needed only some adjustments (like filters).

2 Likes