Poll UI 3.2 - Just wondering what you all think?

i’m not even colorblind and i had difficult in determining which button i had selected.

We’re dropping our gold requirements by 20% until my guildies can play without getting headaches and migraines, can’t think of any other way to help them. I don’t want my guild to fall apart. Anyone else?

2 Likes

I’ve gotten used to it, for the most part, but there is still far too much empty space, the cards and text are all too small, and the text over the cards’ images are too hard to read. When my mana is in double digits, it only shows the second digit (ie, 10/16 shows up as 0/16).

I also saw someone say they can’t play anymore because it’s no longer colorblind-friendly, and a lot of people complaining about headaches and nausea from the gem board change. I think with enough tweaks, the new UI could be fine (although, in my and many other’s opinion, not nearly as pretty), but in its current state, it’s causing more harm than good.

I’m also not happy that your team is covered when choosing cards for Arena now. I like to keep an eye on my team so I’m not choosing, say, all yellow and green cards.

2 Likes

UI: The new UI looks like the UI of a cheap, low quality sci-fi game. The game has overall lost its artistic flair and is no longer attractive on PC’s. Can you imagine how this game looks on a 60 inch screen? Not bearable. It is now a typical, bland mobile/tablet game.

GW: There is no ingame information how GW points are calculated or how the new unique troop system works.

Nerfs: Kraken teams are still annoyingly powerful. The nerf of four match traits is not the right solution since it affects also many other cards.

Filter: The new Filter is good, however the Spell effect filter is definitely needed. Example: If you search for ‘Devour’ you get Abhorath with ‘Devour the World’ into the result list. Still not there is a mana cost sorting algorythm, which would make sense.

Guys this new graphic style is too bad… please revert it to old version soon or you really lose some old players… :S this seems like a new game, not an update…

3 Likes

I literally created a forum account so I could share how much I dislike the new UI. It’s hard to read in many places, seeing how full each troop’s mana is is much more difficult to tell at a glance and overall I find it less appealing.

I like the new filters and functionality, but the design is a major step backward in my opinion. I applaud the attempt to try something new, but this time it just didn’t work out.

1 Like

Yes, however after playing a different platforms and aspect ratios I can see why things are tiny with a TON of extra wasted space in 16x9 (console) vs 4x3 or 1920x1280 (my PC). 16x9 on Console is excessive wastefully. But at least I know the original intent… So here’s that I guess.

The Skyrim UI is the part of Skyrim I like the least and if you want to use such a simplified UI, you need to balanse it with a high-quality, artistic 3D game-world. No wonder there are Skyrim mods that change the UI of the game.

Results are in… 75 percent want old UI, 23 percent say keep the new GUI. I’d like to think our voice in this community matters.

I knew something was up when forge and dungeon GUI was released. It didn’t seem to fit, but the new “stuff” was fun to mess around with.

Now that the 50 percent of the game has been converted to the new UI, curious if you plan to continue “upgrades” and mess with other screens, OR listen to the community and revert back to the UI style majority of the players love, respect and miss.

Granted this isn’t a easy fix, but letting a player choose his UI would make both sides of the coin happy.

The devs will need to understand that the problem is not only because this Ui is ugly but many players suffer headache and have eyes that hurt after 10-15 minutes playing.
How many people tested this update before releasing it? And for how long?

2 Likes

I voted for keeping the UI, but fix things.

The headache issue is very important to fix. Luckily I don’t have that problem, but I understand the pain that others have.

Besides that it’s readability that needs to be fixed and I would like continuity with the design in all aspects. It’s a weird hybrid at the moment.

2 Likes

I personally like the new way you open chest. do not like the opacity of the battle board. Think the cards need a colored boarder all the way around and the numbers need to either be back over the symbol or a better color. Maybe even add some color to the symbol. I hate the look of the gems now. very hard to tell what is what. I do not like the new troop window and the way you select troops. seems harder to find a specific troop, less selections. You made some good changes and a few bad… listen to the players and tweak the game fast or be prepared to lose people…

You either die a hero, or develop your game long enough to become a villain.

Edit (Useful feedback):
Even past the initial ‘otherness’ of the new UI, the only objectively good thing about it i was able to find was a few additions to filter options. Aside from that it’s made navigation more difficult (more movement per action) and lacks any Aesthetic appeal - clashing with the games own style in an awful way. I am loathe to lay all this out since clearly someone spent a lot of time and love on it.

My feeling is that there has been a progressive effort to drive people out of the game over the last 6 months, is the cost of upkeep too high or something? Is developing it away from fun and accessibility the way to do that?

2 Likes

I’m not playing anymore with this UI and it’s not even to boycott…It’s just TOO awful to look at.

1 Like

First of all, I understand what everyone has said in the threads I’ve read prior to this one. And most of the constructive criticism is spot on, to be honest. The deepright bashing isn’t what I’d like to see, but I can also see where that comes from, love and hate in gaming world are usually separated by a thin line.

Aside from this and getting on-topic, I voted to keep the UI and fix readability issues. I believe that most complaints were about this subject. As for myself, I like the new UI, it might be simple, it might be bland, whatever one might say, but I don’t think it’s a bad UI, at least not from my personal point of view. Remind you, that this is an opinion, not a technical evaluation process.

For me, the readability issues are the ones which should be addressed firstly. One cannot read the troop power with the background, all the issues in battle are well reported, the stats are not easily checked, contrasted with the background. I’m concerned about people’s welfare and seeing so many people complain about migranes or headache issues is very worrying. I’m sure the devs will take this into account, because it’s not just a game issue, it’s a health concern.

Saying this, I’m not opposed to a roll back scenario. I’ve played this game with the old UI for more than 2 years (and I liked it a lot), and I’ll keep playing it, as long as my health is not affected by it (yesterday I was streaming for 3 hours or so, on the new UI, and I wasn’t affected by any migrane or whatever, that is also true) and as long as the devs can respect and give worth to people’s opinion. Right now, there’s a big majority of people who are voting to roll back on this UI. I’m not going to confront fellow players if the majority wants that.

The big issue is: What’s more costly? To roll back to the old UI or fix this new one, after it’s now half (maybe in the eyes of the majority badly) implemented? I request an official answer to this, and a sincere one. I really admire the devs from Puzzle Quest days and I’m very glad to experience the Gems world, so I can wish them as much success as they can achieve, because they’re not just some stranger guy on the street for me. They’re not my friends either, but I really want Gems to go on, because it has been my main game lately and I can’t be indifferent to it, it’s important to me.

Last thing: don’t quote me or reply to this post. I don’t mean to clash with anyone’s opinion/technical evaluation. This is merely a reflection of what I see and feel about this matter. I think people, to feel strong as a community, need to voice their opinions, it’s a sign of vitality. Peace and eye rest to everyone affected, let’s see where this leads.

2 Likes

Exactly what i thought when i saw the new Ui, it looks like an App now, not like a Game.

2 Likes

That is easy to predict based on the past.

Something along the lines “We have listened to the community and have tweaked a few (minor) things to the UI”.
Some will like that kind of response, i won’t. I want to play with the old UI and i want to see developers that are really listening to the community instead of pretending.

5 Likes

This is exactly what will happen and the people will be overjoyed that they added a thinoutline to the fonts.
Meanwhile, actual usability issues will be overlooked. Simple stuff like:

• The chat icon being in 3 different places (TOP at main menu, RIGHT at treasure hunt, LEFT in Guild Wars screen)
  • Kingdom progress indicator missing
  • Having to click on “?” icons for info that was readily available before (example: GW attack screen)
  • Not being able to click on the center kingdom icon to start a match, but only on a button on the bottom
  • Huge unused space on the Troop & Teams section
  • Missing Kingdom indicator on Troop Cards
  • Huge popups when clicking on the Kingdoms, instead of the sweet radial menu’s
  • Daily deal popup to continue to annoy you to Death, even though they have a separate button for it now
  • STILL not able to see exact time Member was last online.
  • Jack Lumber is not in the game.
  • Etc

But hey, we are getting a sweet Font update and the people WILL applaud like it’s the second coming of Jesus Crist himself.

3 Likes

add to it:

• items looted presented in a non-compact way with a slide bar and slow animation
  • troop filters unusable at console
  • kingdom being missing on the troop card
1 Like

I guess there is some food for a new topic after the next patch hits ^^