Poll UI 3.2 - Just wondering what you all think?

My eyes are usually bothered easily, and they are fine with the changes. I can understand the frustration with eye-strain, I’m just not experiencing it, so I am sorry for those that are since I’m usually in that crowd and I know how much it sucks.

1 Like

The new traitstones are ugly, poorly designed and completely unnecessary.
I quite like the look of the cards now, but I’m trying to be positive.
The game now looks like sick. In a vomit kinda way, not slang for good!
Who on earth thought this was a good idea?
Really, there must be someone out there.
I asked for them to look into improving the options for visually impaired players.
After this frigging update every bastard that plays it will be visually impaired.
Genius.

8 Likes

I don’t particularly mind the new UI, but the strict gameplay, gem matching and the like, is just a lot harder and quickly makes me dizzy. It’s like it’s more difficult to find the matches, get an overview of the board, and follow the evolution of the board (not to mention get a quick overview of the stats of the troops, it’s just a nightmare).

Being phisically discomforting is a major problem, a game is supposed to be fun no? Being dizzy is no fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe it’s meant to be played with 3D glasses lol.

3 Likes

This is reminiscent of when they released the horrible Puzzle Quest 2. Me and my friends were heavily addicted to the first PQ only to insulted with that “sequel”.
This new font is embarrassing and has no fantasy-like feel to it. They should fire whoever designed it and gave it the final approval.

3 Likes

Hey there. One of my guild members got migraine of it and has to quit the game if the UI will stay like it is. I hope you will change it back or give the possibility to have a choice which one to use.

2 Likes

But its not really a design from the 80s, you just don’t like the design. As someone pointed out, the white/black concept portion is very similar to Skyrim’s UI. And the other elements look updated in my opinion. They are a bit less cartoon looking and carry a more serious vibe. It’s ok if you dislike the changes though, everyone is free to have an opinion.

Until this update I did not even realize it was possible to make a game that literally, physically hurts to play. Clearly not everyone is experiencing this, but a lot (including me) are. This means that I will be quitting the game if this is not undone. I do not need more actual pain in my life.

6 Likes

Sure its possible but doesn’t happen that often, this update seems to give minor headaches and eye strain on some players. Other games can induce vomiting. Like the x360 port of the Mac game Marathon

PS I downloaded it and played it myself a decade ago after the reports just to test. I did feel queasy, but not enough to lose my lunch. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I guess I said 80s because this black and white crap Ui could have been stored on a good old 800k disc! :laughing: Anyway…this Ui is an insult to the players and worst problem, it hurt the eyes of many who need to stop playing after sometimes.

1 Like

I created a forum account to come here and ask Why they did this I’ve noticed like 2 things that are better the rest just makes everything so hard to read.

White lettering on the varying background of the card picture. Bad idea You need a static background color

There is a reason all the colors also have shapes so those of us who are colorblind can still tell the difference. So making the guild wars attack screen tell me what color today is by the color of the words War 1 is real dumb. Cause i can’t tell. I have to go back over to the Schedule screen to see what it is.

The Battle button Standard color and highlighted color are to similar i can barely tell them apart.

The team scores in pvp blend right is to the banner backgrounds Again varying background colors bad idea

The troop screen well i like the edition of the stars on the top to denote card rank. Not being able to read any of the other information without clicking on the card to make it bigger is horrible.

The banners now have kingdom names this is good TY

Seeing if a troop can be upgraded or not at a glance is much harder now. I use to be able to whip through my card list and notice them at a glance can’t do that anymore.

Please fix this immediately i play daily and as is i don’t know if i’ll be able to continue.

5 Likes

Yep totally agree, boycotting the game myself now… no fun in playing it this way, no fun at all

1 Like

The problem with the poll is there wasn’t an option to revert specific pieces back to the old look.

I like: The ability to know exactly how many of each color is on the board. While I have gotten very good at counting, this was a NICE change to have.

I like the the clean look of the map and such. Little hard to understand at first.

I like the Chat (though fix the lines bugs)

There are some changes in troop space I liked

But what I don’t like is the lack of CARD feel to the cards. There is no depth to them. They are flat. And part of the fun honestly is the feel of a card collecting game.

The readability has been covered

The Mobile is really hard to see at that size.

I think there are good ideas with the UI, like more information, which is great.
They just need to make the elements actually look like they belong into a fantasy game.
Right now they look mostly like someone just quickly done em in Microsoft Paint… which… is not an endorsement.

It’s especially grating, because some of the old, fanciful graphics for the UI are still there, so to go from the extremely minimalistic, and color-less main-Ui to different screens is like stepping into a wholly different game.

1 Like

Revert. Sort out issues. Listen to feedback on aesthetics of the game. Slowly implement new features.

2 Likes

I think the new design is better. It looks worse, but usability is a lot better.

Imho the cards should be redesigned. They look like I did them myself with excel. And at the same time it is more difficult to get any information from it (except the text).

you are very fortunate indeed. i played 7 exploration matches last night to finish a daily task, and the approximately 15 minutes it took me to finish resulted in my eyes hurting for the next 8 hrs. i logged on this morning hoping at least to complete 5 gw battles, but quit after only 1. i play xbox on a decent size screen. i don’t believe changing my brightness would help, as it was already difficult to determine which of the green buttons were ‘highlighted’. i had to uninstall to avoid temptation to try again. there is more to this update than just having to relearn where information is now revealed. i don’t plan on risking my eyesight to play a game i used to love.

2 Likes

This UI seriously looks like someone in their first year of game design made it, so boxy and unappealing. My guild of many many active players (wont name it here) refuses to play until it gets changed back. If it doesn’t get changed, there are plenty of other games out there that need our financial support.

4 Likes

Some of the layout ideas I like
The new UI looks flat and unfinished
No magical feeling of any sorts left
PLEASE revert back

2 Likes