Poll: How long have forum goers been playing?

After some recent threads discussing the history of the game, I’m interested in knowing what the demographics of the current forum population are - how many old-timers vs newer end-gamers vs new players?

In the hope of making it easy and simple, I’ve broken GoW’s history into before and after major patches (as arbitrarily determined by me) - hopefully everyone can remember which version was live when they first started playing. :slight_smile:

• Before version 2.0 (before May 2016)
  • Version 2.0 (May 2016)
  • Version 3.0 (March 2017)
  • Version 3.1 (August 2017)
  • Version 3.3 (February 2018)
  • Version 3.4/3.5 (May/June 2018)

0 voters

10 Likes

Apologies. The whole point of the poll was to make the votes public to see who had participated (and admitted their old-fogeydom :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) but I failed to make the first version work like that.

If you were an early voter, please vote again in the rebooted poll. Thanks.

1 Like

I joined the game in the week of Wildfang’s release if i correctly recall. And until today i never had any fun using the gnolls… :roll_eyes:

I joined on August 21st 2017. Which means I had my one-year-anniversary lately.
Can you guys believe we’re closing in on having the new UI for a year? :sweat:

I downloaded the game on my birthday in 2016. :smile_cat:

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, I joined around January 2015. GoW had been running for about 2 months then. I am ever regretful that I didn’t know it existed on launch day. I would have been here from day 1 if I had.

3 Likes

I started playing on January 2017, wish I’d found out about the game earlier and benefited from the old economy though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

PS4 Day one - so more than 1000 Days.
Just paused some month before the new PSN Trophies came and fully reloaded since Guild Wars was introduced and although we now have the other guild events…

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DATA i love it <3 :chart_with_downwards_trend:

9 Likes

Started out on PS4 on November 2015. Then quickly deleted the game for my PS4 and downloaded it for PC and Mobile.

3 Likes

I joined the game on august 24 2016, Winged bison week i had no idea who i was supposed to get 300 glpry hehe.

Early july 2017, managed to grab dragon armor right before the gem nerf

I joined the game on around February 5th, the Shadowblade event. So a month before Guild War happened!

Dec 5, 2016

I remember playing quests and wondering how can people earn 300 glory to buy that amazing Mummified King pack and I only get some small amounts of gold and souls after each battle :smiley:

4 Likes

I started playing on Xbox in August 2016 but ended up loving it so much I switched to PC on September 7th 2016.

I played since the release on Steam… so it should since November 20th 2014…

2 Likes

Oops, accidentally clicked the wrong one and can’t change it. Anyway, I joined in April 2016, I remember because Spring Imp was the glory troop when I first installed the game.

2 Likes

I really can’t remember, but I think I was in my old Guild for about 570 days and I’ve been in the new one for 80, plus I played the game for a few months before joining a Guild, so I’d have to guess at some time after May 2016.

28 januari 2017 on Xbox,according to trueachievements.com.
And only around 1300 hours played so far.(Not counting my mobile accounts,where I´m on my 3rd now.)

Pc/Mobile
Early March, 2017 here.
And I have played everyday since my first!

2 Likes