Poison suggestion

It’d be stackable but caped, besides, it doesn’t deal constantly +1 damage per stacks.

Say it’s capped at 5 stacks.
At 1 stack, it has 75% chances of dealing 1 damage, 25% 0 damage
2 stacks => 40% 2 damage, 60% 1 damage
3 stacks => 20% 3 damage, 60% 2 damage, 20% 3 damage
4 stacks => 60% 3 damage, 40% 2 damage
5 stacks => 100% 3 damage

Still has a 20% cumulative chances to wear off at the beginning of each turns, reseted to 20% when a new stack is applied, NOT reseted when trying to go over 5 stacks.

@Mitheithel. I never said it would stack. Repoisioning a poisoned troop would do 1 leathal true damage only once. It would still be 50% chance to do 1 non-lethal true damage regardless of the number of times poisoned.

Poison nor fire should stack.

One asked me earlier, why make it complicated with a lot of procentages? So I ask you the same. :slightly_smiling:

Well… If it’s only about percentages

1 stack, deals 1 damage 3 turns out of 4,
2 stacks […]

That’s better than
1/2 stacks : 1 damage
3/4 stacks : 2 damage
5 stacks : 3 damage

Stacking would still over complicate things and just add to the heavy RNG of the game. A static non-stacking value would be much easier to understand.

Well, we are just making suggestions, it’s not even like devs are looking for a way to change their poison system at the moment, so I’m just throwing ideas that could help us come around something new that would please everyone :slight_smile:

I thank you for the suggestion, no suggestions is wrong or right here. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I’m with @Tacet , poisoning a poisoned troop causes 1 lethal true damage seems pretty powerful.

Instead of 2 damage, I was thinking more toward Poison being stackable.
Of course, as balance, the chance of being cleared every turn would also clear away the entire stack. So you either apply it fast, or just treat it as regular old Poison. I think players could work out a feasible poison stacking build with this feature.

@Tacet, I was referring to Zelarith’s suggestion when I was discussing stacking, sorry for confusion there.

I think the stacking ideas are probably too complicated…

For now I’d go with the following (blended from the above, this has been discussed before…):

• poison procs every turn for 1 life damage
  • never wears off
  • cannot kill
  • casting poison on a troop already poisoned procs 1 extra life damage
1 Like

+1 for @jainus

I like all the points except this one. While I personally would love for that change, I think that may make poison too strong at lower levels.

What i want to see is poison like its real world counter parts, to kill the target but also fade over time like poison can. Also it would be nice by extension to have it and burn stack. I would also like to poison and by extension burn Not trigger frenzy. I hate that i poison someone and their frenzy gets triggered. It makes me think. “i feel sick, this makes my anger explode.”

As far as I recall, there’s at least one troop that has “anger” and “regeneration” - so when you poison this guy, he pretty much will increase his attack every time poison procs and also regain the lost life instantly, thus resulting in an increase of attack almost every turn at no cost whatsoever.

EDIT: Guess it works for the ogre and berserker but there might be more - both no troops you encounter on a regular basis. If at all, you find them in the arena, where the traits dont work, so no harm there. I believe I ran into this while doing stormheim challenges with a serpent in my team.

that troops you speak of are berserker, Bul’turos (immune to poison though), ogre, owl bear, and rex warrior. These troops have frenzy and regen.

Thanks for the complete list. Well at least for Bul’tauros it doesnt make sense to give him poison immunity with the way poison works right now. Currenty not at home so I cant check: is ‘Impervious’ the third trait you unlock on Bul’tauros? If so, you shouldnt unlock that, for the reason given above.

it is the second trait. regen seems to always be the third trait with those with frenzy.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. There should be a counter to poison, just like there are counters to everything else.

Also, I don’t think poison should change, it’s fine as it is. For beginners, poison has similar weight to other status effect, and plays a significant role in the game. The fact that is less significant to high level players should not bother you, as there are plenty of mechanics in the game targeted mostly for higher levels, there’s no harm in having something targeted more for lower levels.

lets say you have serpent and Valkyrie. neither of these can kill outside of skulls. Poison cant kill any troops so you get past their armour to lower their health but now you need to tear through their armour to kill them. if you cant get the skulls you lose. you can loop both of these to get souls but they can not kill with out skulls.