Pharos Ra Support Group... All Welcome... šŸ˜­

Once again, no Ra :frowning:

disapprovingbunny
ā€¦Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiighā€¦
ā€¦Well, maybe we will get a bugged partial refresh on Thursday againā€¦?:stuck_out_tongue:

welcome back Plague and Famine.

I bow down to the overcooked chickenā€™s ability to dodge the Soul Forge. Woo Pharos-Ra.

1 Like

I feel that at this point, the devs are probably just as desperate as us because they want us to stop complaining. :sweat_smile: And every week, everyone gets disappointedā€¦

Plague was here from the beggining of last week to mid-week (replaced by Yasmineā€™s chosen). So normally he shouldnā€™t be there because of the ā€œnot the same Mythics from one week to anotherā€ ruleā€¦ Or is it because of this rule, that Plague was changed last week?

2 Likes

I made Famine 2 weeks ago. The longer it takes for it to show up again, the better for me :stuck_out_tongue:

This seems to somewhat apply to the midweek change(s), yes. As in, Yasmineā€™s Chosen shouldnā€™t have been able to replace Plague in the first place since she had been there the week before. Meaning the replacing treated the troops which had been there since Monday as ā€œthe troops of last weekā€. It would only be logical if the troops being there from Thursday-Sunday were treated as ā€œtroops of last weekā€ as well because of that, meaning that Plague should indeed be able to appear again as he hadnā€™t been there from Thursday onwards.

Itā€™ll be really interesting to see what happens on Thursday (though a statement from the devs before that would be awesome, especially for people who might puchase stuff with real money to craft something this week. These people might need to know if they only have until Wednesday to get enough resources or else they might end up like me last week).

1 Like

I still donā€™t buy this"Itā€™s random" BSā€¦disagree or notā€¦itā€™s MY opinion.

4 Likes

I believe itā€™s random, my problem is that if you can write a line of code that says: Randomly generate 4 mythic troops from set (1-21), then it should not be too much more to exclude troops until all 1-21 have been generated. This way it is still random, but at least it is cyclical.

7 Likes

It is obvious what is going on here.
It was all random at the beginning but now the Devs are waiting for Christmas day (its a Monday) to ensure that Pharos-Ra shows up in the soulforge as a X-Mas present to everyone who has been patiently whininā€¦ waiting on this thread.

So there you go, solvedā€¦:slight_smile: Just whineā€¦ wait! a little longerā€¦:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, itā€™s quite obviously Santa Claus punishing players for being naughty. Preferring Pharos Ra over Ragnagord qualifies.

I guess my problem with ā€œitā€™s randomā€ is itā€™s also paired today with ā€œoops we accidentally released some code we didnā€™t mean toā€ so it makes me ask, ā€œWho can actually know what the hell the game is doing at any moment?ā€

Iā€™m sorry youā€™re not happy with the amount of dev communication. Iā€™m doing my best to work on this and Iā€™m sure itā€™s something we can improve upon.

We are not intentionally keeping Pharos Ra or other mythics from you. However, we have recently modified the troop occurence to ensure that troops donā€™t appear 2 weeks running, so this could improve the changes of Pharos-Ra appear from the majestic abyss of the unknown.

3 Likes

Yeah cause make them all avalaible for crafting is too complicate :stuck_out_tongue:

Imagine if someone find a way to craft them all on the same day with all the unlimited diamond we gotā€¦ omg!

5 Likes

Just to be clear, I in no way think that you are intentionally keeping it from us. :joy: I am merely stating my desire to see a cyclical revolution of mythics as opposed to the RNG madness we have now.

I do know about that change and thanked @Nimhain when the announcement was made, and Iā€™m aware there are MORE changes comingā€¦ though we have not been told what those are going to beā€¦ so that generally means super awesome like ALL MYTHICS ALL THE TIME, or LACK LUSTER like now Dawnbringer is only 999,999 SOULS! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope you are reading this with the jovial tone I intend @Cyrup, but all kidding aside, I will restate my position one more time merely for point of reference.

The Soul Forge was introduced as a place where players who were suffering at the hands of RNGesus could find recourse by crafting the troops that were being denied them by the unholy God. So, when TSF was released and it was run by none other than RNGesus himself, it felt very much like a slap in the face to some of us. :cry:

Being less dramatic, I have a degree in Musical Theatre so this is tough for me, it actually felt like a HUGE design MISS and patrons of this game that are passionate about seeing it succeed, were stunned that a dev team that has done so much right, could miss the mark on something as essential to games as a crafting system. They are, traditionally, the one vestige in a game where RNG has no place. Where a player with time, patience, and a willingness to work for what they want, can put in the grind time and receive EXACTLY what they need to complete a collection. Again, I am well aware that this was assumption on the part of myself and a large portion of the playerbase, but it WAS based on years of experience and practice from the gaming community.

SOā€¦ if you made it this farā€¦ I still love this dev team, I still love this game, I still love my forum friends and family, I still love my old guildies and my new guildies. But do I love the SOUL FORGEā€¦ unfortunatelyā€¦ no. And that disappoints me and upsets meā€¦ mostly on Mondays around 1am Central Time. :wink:

tl;dr: GoW is still a great game, Soul Forge was a design MISS, hopefully the corrections coming in 2018 will fix it.

5 Likes

I know you guys arenā€™t keeping him from us (and at this point likely hope heā€™ll appear just so that we shut up :stuck_out_tongue: ), but in the recent event of a sudden mid-week partial refresh which no one had predicted - with no one knowing if it will be happening tomorrow again because dev communication about this problem has been pretty much non-existing here in the forum - I do hope you guys realize that your 2-week-fix is kindaā€¦ silly. As seen by Yasmineā€™s Chosen and Plague being affected by the bug(?) and therefore still being around two weeks in a rowā€¦

Seriously, though, any updates on it? Does the partial refresh occur tomorrow again? Do people need to craft today if they want something from the current soulforge (since it might not be there tomorrow again)?

While there is no ra still, Iā€™m happy I finally got plague. I do hope the rest of you guys get a chance for at least 1 ra soon though as he really has been absent for far too long.

@Cyrup, I think youā€™ve definitely helped step up their game and get it closer to what it once was, but weā€™re still missing the dialog aspect.

In the past, we were given a heads up about what you all were up to and our opinion was considered in advance. We felt heard and we got explanations when the team went a different direction. That feedback loop disappeared when @Sirrian left the forums several months ago and I think thatā€™s the core of everyoneā€™s concern.

9 Likes

BINGO!

10char

2 Likes

Does anyone have a full list of whatā€™s been in the SoulForge each week? SoulForge Troops has all the troops back to Oct 30.

It would be nice to see the full dataset.