Pet and 3.4 Stream Summary (From Salty's Twitch Stream)

Yeah i know like i said it’s only speculation for now

Either Pets are a Guild event and collection thing, or they are not.

If Pets are supposed to be a Guild thing, then everyone in the Guild should get the pet and some reward whether they participate in the battle or not - maybe just get more rewards if they do the battles - but everyone as a minimum gets the pet so long as one guild member completes the 8 battle task.

If Pets are a private thing like your own troop collection, then drop the guild event entirely and it’s every collector for themselves.

PS: use duplicates to increase max pet level? let’s just call it ascension please.

11 Likes

Funny thing is salty said they know the timer things won’t work pretty good and they might change it but they will keep it that way for now :slight_smile:

This made me perplexed as well. Perhaps they didn’t want to call it ascension because they want to avoid the concept of rarity with pets.

I wonder if you can ascend cosmetic pet
And what the point to do it?

Perhaps you are right and players love tight windows. So much so the will revert GW to the original 24 hour design, if you don’t play that day too bad for your Guild. The battles are lost.

Or As I said (in regard to Raid/Invasion feedback) and @Jainus mentioned just above this is a Guild event. They should incorporate the Guild.

Is it just me waiting for pvp rewards to be nerfed after this as ‘lots more people are playing’ - just like the 4x?

2 Likes

I was hoping they would find a better way to show your avatar and pet together, from what i saw in the stream, you only can see it when you equip it then you see you avatar with the pet on his shoulder 5 seconds then it’s gone lol

1 Like

I meant that the concept of a one hour window is nutty. Nutty as in “bat$#!* crazy”. I meant to agree with your two thumbs down - sorry if that wasn’t clear. I seriously resent the tight windows already and changes like this have already pushed me to pursue more casual guilds twice now so that my choice not to let this game consume my every waking hour doesn’t negatively affect other people who care more than I do. Enough is enough, already.

6 Likes

If we get 20+ pet triggers per day, I couldn’t care less that they only last an hour. I’ll have to see how frequently they appear before my feathers ruffle, but I’m expecting this to not be about as console friendly as the scrollbars for leaderboards or troop menu.

1 Like

100% miss understand you, Sorry. Gave an example of a tight Window the development team had walk back.

Thanks for clarifying :+1:

2 Likes

We not sure about the timer yet but if it’s 5 hours the max you can trigger pet is 4x

But it look improbable that would mean at the minute you rescued it you triggered another so 1 or 2 pets per day look more probable and too bad if you are sleeping or working during that time :stuck_out_tongue:

Pet bling!

Best solution is to bring your xbox at work and ask a guildmate to msg you when a pet is triggered or ask them to wake you up when you sleep so you don’t miss it :stuck_out_tongue:

If your boss need you, you tell him
You got something else more important to do

You need to save the world lol

9 Likes

I’m very happy with the tight one-hour window if I trigger it and get that event there and then… feels exciting…

I’m much less happy with the idea that @shimrra or another overseas guildie could trigger it while I am asleep… I look forward to those pop up messages telling me what events I slept through.

2 Likes

So…
Meth users have a definite advantage lol and :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::money_mouth_face:

6 Likes

I didn’t think it was possible to make them any lower. The weekly leaderboard rewards are pathetic for how time consuming it is to retain your spot. And as far as gold, they already nerfed LTs to the point where quite a few already feel they aren’t worth it. It’s always possible, but i think it’s unlikely.

Here’s my prediction: some guilds (not mine) putting time requirements/restrictions on when people can and cannot play pvp, people branching off to single player or under 5 person guilds to focus on being able to get pets around their real life schedule. It sounds ridiculous, but i think making this a timed guild thing is pretty ridiculous too and it’s happening so…

2 Likes

But the original lt were nerfed due to 4x & people getting more gold in. I’m expecting the same as from the look of it, more people may be playing pvp which gives roughly 3 times more gold than explore.
I may just be being cynical, time will tell…

I know, but gold had a much higher value then. Gold is basically only good for LTs, and if they nerf them anymore they might as well take them away completely. I just got 4 event keys, one gem key, and 5 traitstones. That’s about as nerfed as it gets.

5 Likes

Are they peting us over again with LTs?