Over-powered Troops & A Nerf Bat

If you have only 1 turn that’s actually sometimes not possible. I still think that fast rather than empower would make more sense.

I’m at level 400 and I see knight coronet quite a lot. Mythic. And in my guild many high levels (>500) are playing him. He is too well rounded as it is right now. If he is supposed to be offensive as well, then his armor should just be 25% rather than 50% as Esoxnepa mentioned.

Yesterday I did around 30 fights with Great Maw, out of curiosity. Every skull match was giving me a devour. A single skull match, skull spams, any kind of. 100% devour. This really doesnt feel ok…
I think the devour thingy was just a bad idea from the beggining.

2 Likes

Exactly this. Well said, Eika.

I really wish people would spend more time figuring out good counter strategies than instantly crying nerf every time they have an issue with a troop. None of the troops listed in the OP need a nerf. They all have counters. I suppose you could make a legit argument against Maw because of the Maw+Mercy combo. I do agree they should at least add a counter to devour in the game or substantially lower the skull devour rate on Maw.

And I agree with Tacet, Sand Shark is a far more bothersome devour troop in my eyes. He is a PITA is arena if you can’t kill him quickly because he can devour several troops in the blink of an eye if the other team has a brown creator. Yet, I still don’t think it needs to be nerfed.

3 Likes

Sadly I don’t have time to read every post on this thread, but I can agree with all the points in the opening post… I think Maw and Mercy definitely need addressing - as soon as 2.0 hits tonight I fear I will see nothing else in pvp… The rest I agree are a bit too strong and a little balancing would be good, with both minor toning down those ones and buffing a few useless ones…

2 Likes

New card:

Nerf Bat
All colors, 12: Reduce all opponents Attack, Armor, Life, and Magic by 10%
Trait 1: On skull damage Reduce target’s Attack by 5
Trait 2: On skull damage Reduce target’s Magic by 5
Trait 3: On skull damage Reduce target’s Life and Armor by 5

5 Likes

The devs have yet to post an official change log post, so there is still a chance that they have some rebalance changes to make that have yet to be announced. We know at minimum that Infernal King and the mechanist class are being changed.

Not including all those summoner classes as well.

Knight Coronet could be adjusted slightly by Changing the 50% Skull Reduction to Armor 25%, this would also match all the other knights in the game.

Less of a change with these and more of a working as intended.

My opinion is that he is fine as he is. But youre of course free to have yours. :wink:

1 Like

At level 530ish I RARELY see knight coronet. I probably see treant more.

I don’t think any of these troops need changing really, just a small rebalance to magic gains at higher levels for boar rider.

Yeah, Knight Coronet is rarely used on the higher levels. True damage and Maw decks are too common in late game for Knight Coronet to be of much use.

I’m still waiting for a holy armor trait or something to be added to the game that causes true damage to hit armor first for that troop. That would instantly fix true damage teams without nerfing them.

4 Likes

And every AoE troop quadruple dips on magic bonuses and boosts. That doesn’t make them overpowered does it?
People need to accept inherently strong troops as just that, and not automatically brand them as overpowered. Yes he is strong and well rounded.
Is he without a counter? Does he dominate the meta in any way? Is he stronger than the legendary troops that are commonly used and actually DO dominate the meta? No, no and no.
He is commonly used in defend teams because he is among the strongest easy to obtain troops with a base rarity of UR
So why nerf a strong but not overpowered troop without necessity?

Yep I used him too when i didn’t have the actual most powerful legendary troops currently dominating high level meta yet…

2 Likes

This is exactly why Coronet doesn’t need a nerf. He has pretty low life even at mythic level. Actually, he has the lowest life of the 6 troops with stoneskin. So, it does poorly against TD teams. As has been said 1000 times, there is a counter to everything. [except devour :stuck_out_tongue: ]

I love this idea. It would fit in nicely thematically.

1 Like

Being Knight Coronet the higher class of knights i think having Stone Skin fits him better. His spell’s mana cost could be increased by two and maybe an adjust to his magic power gain to a cap of 7 could make him more balanced while still effective in earlier/mid gameplay.

From @Lyya’s troop list/tables his magic follows the OLD distribution and the NEW distribuion i’m proposing:

With kingdom magic bonuses, mythic ascension and leader leader trait his spell would still be strong, but only with all three together, and while costing 14 instead of 12 as suggested it would, likely, take one extra turn to charge with gems match only.

1 Like

That’s… brilliant. Maybe it should even protect the whole team, not much use in a single troop surviving if the rest gets true damage AOEd to death. Would actually breathe some life into all those “protect against a single status effect” traits, things like poison immunity tends to be a wasted trait slot, poison immunity for the whole team might actually be worth considering.

kitty kat killer is a girl… :frowning:

Yesterday I did around 30 fights with Great Maw, out of curiosity. Every
skull match was giving me a devour. A single skull match, skull spams,
any kind of. 100% devour. This really doesnt feel ok…
I think the devour thingy was just a bad idea from the beggining.

I have noticed too that he seems to devoir a much higher percent of the time than 15 percent. It seems closer to 60 percent by experience. If he doesn’t get me in the first skull hit, he will usually get me on the second.

You can tell she’s female because of the gratuitous assets. :wink:

3 Likes

I have seen a lot of people complain about true damage in this post and AOE like crimson bat and crescendo.

I have used that build in offense but not in defense.

I have matched against several people that have true damage AOE defense builds and I have never lost a single match to any of those builds ever, in 1000s of matches.

I don’t know if that’s because I am higher level or not, but true damage AOE has never beaten me. Perhaps it’s a problem at lower levels.