Over-powered Troops & A Nerf Bat

Knight Coronet Op, lol. And yet I lost first round of the tournament? Lol.

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œTacet, post:72, topic:7309, full:trueā€]Iā€™m still waiting for a holy armor trait or something to be added to the game that causes true damage to hit armor first for that troop. That would instantly fix true damage teams without nerfing them.
[/quote]

Love this idea. I favor ā€œdivineā€ and ā€œknightā€ cards and although there are certainly some very powerful teams to be built already, I would like to see some more variety. It seems like the game is slanted heavily towards marauder and daemon right now.

1 Like

For the sake of balance a lot of things could be changed. For example:

• Valor can target troops with his spell (19 of damage for me) and deals double damage on Daemons.
  • Wild Fang deals less damage (17 for me) on random targets and triple if it hits a Wildfolk.
  • Gnoll deals even less damage (13 for me) on random targets and triple if it hits enemies with Brown mana.

Only one of those three has a chance to be used, changing the last two spells for properly targeting an enemy and dealing double damage instead of triple damage would be enough to make playable.

ā€œOh, but it would just make it less interesting, just a poor copy of Valorā€™s Spellā€¦ā€

Well, then we could add something extra for the theme, since the ā€œLittle angry furballsā€ have a ā€œhate themeā€ the troopā€™s spell could do the following extras and another extra when it hits the hated targets:

• Wildfang: The spell also has Bleeding effect* and a revigorating effect healing him after damaging a hated target

• Gnoll: The spell also has a Bleeding effect* and a crippling effect that reduces the attack of the hated target.

**** Bleeding is a negative status that deals one true damage at the start of each round (your round is composed of the sum of your turns), after each skull attack or spell cast by the afflicted troop. It lasts for three rounds, can be renewed with new applications but always ends after three rounds or after being cleansed.

1 Like

There are 15 Daemons in the game presently - 8 are Legendary and another 4 are Epic. Seems a little skewed. Dragons of course donā€™t really have any other ways to do it.

3 Likes

Yeah, that was kind of my point. I do agree that dragons would be a logical choice for Legendary cards, or at least thatā€™s consistent with depictions of dragons across other games and media. Thereā€™s just plain too many Legendary daemons and not enough of everything else.

And donā€™t get me wrong, it has nothing to do with power or balance. Iā€™d just like to see more variety overall, so that more play styles are viable.

2 Likes

To me there are dragons and Dragons in any fantasy setting, having some epics that we can recruit to our side is cool, and the legendary ones are just superior beings of an already superior race.

I used to love playing DoT necro in the ye olde Everquest. This would be awesome to combine with other status effects.

I think there should be MORE troops that do status effects in general really.

See:

There already exists an UR dragon in the game so that would not be an issue in Gems of Wars specific fantasy setting.
Additionally there is a lot of fantasy out there regarding dragonkin, dragonlings and the likes, lesser dragons so to speak, so there is most definitely enough room for possible lower rarity dragon troops.

While I agree, that wasnā€™t necessarily my point. Having a pool of Legendary dragons makes sense. Having so many Legendary daemons is much more of an issue, in terms of play styles and mechanics.

The benefit, at least to me, was that it made me learn how to play that much better because I just have a philosophical bias against using daemons, I donā€™t like them. :smiley:

I think Nobend Brothers should be buffedā€¦

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been able to use them effectively. Too random.

As a ā€œskull spammerā€ (Gloom leaf, Celesta, Keeper of souls, Goblin king) I actually agree. However if you do play a skull heavy team and your that hung up on a loss just learn what troops not to go up against.

Honestly if you have the resources to have these troops at high level then you can afford to scout and skip the battle here and there.

1 Like

If they do nerf Maw (I hope they donā€™t even thought I donā€™t use to him, I just donā€™t lose to him either) I wall use his stones from the refund to trait up Gotgotha and if they nerf them bothā€¦

#I Riot!!!

You are very direct in the way you talk, I would had understood it if all of them was troops that many have talked about before, but that is not the case. It wouldnt hurt to see you using words as ā€œMy opinionā€, ā€œI thinkā€ etc.

I internally dial down dudespeak to reasonable levels of confidence/authority. Itā€™s a lot easier than convincing the speaker that thereā€™s a problem (because you will never convince the speaker that thereā€™s a problem).

4 Likes

I think Zaejin Goblin teams have plenty of strong viable options and other kingdoms and troop types should be getting some love before No-bend Brothers doesā€¦ The game really doesnā€™t need another overpowered or even just competitive or populist option for those ubiquitous Goblin teamsā€¦

2 Likes

More more more goblins! This will become goblins of war!
But completely agreed more dwarves, elves, etcā€¦ would be nice rather than another gobelin. One of the devs must be a goblin king.

1 Like

Totally agree.