Other teams that need synergy vs. Goblins

Yes, we all agree. The question is what troop(s) would you introduce to remedy the issue(s).

Daemons and Dragons. We don’t have enough of them. Especially among lower rarities.

such great sarcasm!

I think there needs to be some elves for sure, they are all from zhul kari and are dark elves except for glad warden who is from forest of thorns.
I need to think about this a minute.

First what troops do not have a kingdom/troop type bonus. I would look it up but i am too lazy and posted a guide on what types of troops are where.

are there some that dont? I have no idea…

I know that beast are one of those not getting a kingdom troop bonus. I will try to make a quick list on what has the 4x bonus.

I also included those that need a 4rth that are close to having a full team/kingdom bonus.
Adana
Construct 4

Blighted lands
Daemon 4

Broken spire
Giant 4

Darkstone
Human 3

Divination fields
wildfolk 4

Drifting sands
Elemental 3

Forest of thorns
fey 5

Ghulevania
undead 6

Glacial peaks
Beast 3

Grosh-Nak
marauder 5

Karakoth
human 4

Khaziel
dwarf 4

Khatar
undead 6

Maugrim woods
wildfolk 4

Mist of scales
marauder 4
monster 3

Pan’s vale
wildfolk 3
fey 3

Pridelands
wildfolk 4

Primal
Elemental 5

Stormheim
Giant 4

Sword’s Edge
Knight 4

Whitehelm
divine 5

Wild plains
marauder 2
monster 2
undead 2
wildfolk 2

Zaejin
Marauder 6

Zhul’kari
Elf 5

1 Like

so many of these have the amounts necessary for a good synergistic team, they just dont play off each other well enough.

1 Like

Some more than others. Some of them cover 5 colors or support them selves well but not all of them.

Yeah, one of the things that really stands out for me is that Zaejin is literally the only Kingdom where you can legitimately field a full Kingdom/Troop combo.

Makes it much less surprising that Goblins are so pervasive. On top of their baseline attractive qualities, they also get 9-11 bonus stats whereas most other teams are getting 0-2.

Part of that is the fact that goblins also are “complete,” with their own generator in Shaman. It is sort of sad though that (say) a team of dwarves has essentially zero synergy in comparison…

Are we talking about Goblins as in Zaejin or Goblins as in Marauders? (or the combination?) Since Khaziel does have two seperate brown (the colour that all Dwarfs share) generators in Deep Borer and Rock Worm, just neither are a Dwarf.

I meant it in terms of troop types, yes. Kingdom-wise I suppose you might be able to power Dwarves with one of those (if there were Dwarves with abilities worth powering…). But I picked Dwarves a bit arbitrarily. You could sub in Elves, etc. there.

1 Like

The low level (And maybe also used at high levels, but I doubt it with the true damage meta) favourite of Sword’s Edge and Knights, is possible, and I’ve seen it in game a number of times.

Fair enough. I just wasn’t sure which we were referring to since Goblins don’t have their own type the same way as some others do.

Lets work on that! I was going to start with elves, but the only place where a semblance of unity exists with elves is Zhulkari, and I tire of dark elves.

So lets take a look at what needs to happen to have a great synergistic team of khaziel dwarves.
Here is what we have to work with:

A closer look:

Right off the bat I could say that dwarven miner needs the most change. His ability is nigh unto-worthless especially when compared to other commons! He doesnt necessarily need to be on par with an attack common but he should synergize better. My thought is this:

Dig:
Destroy all brown gems, gain 1 gold per gem destroyed + magic.

1 Like

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to actually contribute to this thread rather than just replying to others.
I took too long to post, no longer a double post now :stuck_out_tongue:

I think in terms of team building and what’s “viable” are we need to sort out what we’re looking for.

It seems that people generally like to have a mana generator as part of their team, so I took a look at the popular generators and tried to make a themed team out of them

First up:
Alchemist.
Human / Adana - Yellow Generator

Ghiralee
Alchemist
Atlanta
Elwyn

This gets 4 Humans / 2 Adana as a bonus (for a total of +4 armour, +2 attack, +2 life). But I’m not sure how viable it is in practice.

Valkyrie
Divine / Stormheim - Blue Generator
Berserker
Valkyrie
Frost Giant
Zephyros

This gives 4 Stormheim / 3 Giants for a total of +12 Life, +1 Attack. Again not sure how viable, since Zephyros isn’t very well liked it seems.
Valk can’t team with other Divines very well as the only Divines that use Blue are Mercy and Valor.

Giant Spider
Beast / Zhul’Kari - Purple Generator

Spider Queen
Giant Spider
Night Terror
Dokkalfar

Unfortunately this only gives the 4 Zhul’Kari bonus of +1 Attack, +2 Magic.

Bunni’Nog
Giant Spider
Winter Wolf
Jackelope

This gives 4 Beast / 2 Glacial Peaks for a total of +4 life, +2 armour, +2 attack

Green Seer
Fey / Forest of Thorns - Green Generator

Treant
Rowanne
Green Seer
Gloom Leaf

This gives both 4 Forest of Thorns and 4 Fey for +3 life, + 3 armour, +2 attack, +2 magic. However it should be noted that Rowanne and Treant share the same colours, so would mana block one another if used in the same team.
Alternatives in Forest of Thorns are Hippogryph, Owl Bear and Glade Warden (though Mana Blocking would be an issue here as well unless Glade Warden was at the front)
On the Fey side you have Orion, Siren, or Sylvasi

Forest of Thorns and Fey has the best synergy out of the “Convert a mana colour to another” generators. What are people’s thoughts on the others? What would make them work better do you think?

1 Like

I think i’m going to make another post in community content to specifically work on races/cities.

I like this idea, however Destroy is too powerful. There is no other troop in the game currently that has colour targeted destroy. All the ones that target a colour are Remove.

http://ashtender.com/gems/weapons/1052