Orc of Fame

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/orc-of-fame/

New Epic Troop: Gor’Thrum

![|500x250](upload://8cyhhGz6Nzx78GRcWXmHznyzyv.jpeg)

Gor’Thrum will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Doomed Weapon: Doomed Codex

![|500x250](upload://8sgqIQTV9Saw0EcZpbjc5FIWa7C.jpeg)

This week it will be available in both the Tower of Doom shop, and in the Soulforge.

![|500x100](upload://sqG2ZQT2Le4VHxdBaSxsSsVV9jC.png)

1 Like

When the orc class comes out. We’ll go from like 8-16 stars right? :grinning:

Ohhh Codex, so much potential ruined by the “combo breaker”.

Good luck to all those who use it. :grin:

PS… It’s definitely whatever is programmed to edit the posts that breaks the images.

Links broke dawg, maybe u can contact a dev to fix ur post. Forums markup is tricky stuff!

Links are still broken.

Just shows the general laziness of the devs nowadays. Is a shame :-1:

2 Likes

Just more proof the Gow AI can’t be trusted.

Seriously, it’s a minor thing, but appearances matter and broken links are a little silly after happening for a couple weeks in a row now.

4 Likes

I dont see the point of that troop.
It has nothing going for it.
First colomn destructions do not have the strategic potential of rows.
Then more unpredictable explosions.

So a small but still unpredictable exploder with no secondary effect at all, with bad traits.

Its not terrible. up to 8 guaranteed mana gain from column destroy depending on skulls destroyed, then more explosions (2 per yellow, so 4-8 on average) on the rest of the board, assuming it functions like Deep Borer. Only 12 mana cost, so 6 mana with Gar’Nok.

There’s definitely a lot worse out there, like Sibyl of Lust. (Great way to bring in the new year :stuck_out_tongue: )

Orc Armor is actually pretty good as a trait, since it triggers more or less like Orbweaver’s 3rd trait would. Tickle damage just makes it stronger.

Come on… It’s a minor publishing bug and it’s not like they have a huge development team. Perhaps their time was spent doing something nice for the game. Let’s be patient guys.

2 Likes

Maybe when the game launched.
But in the current GoW game? Why would you ever take a troop slot to put that dud in, I don’t know.

I mean, after this many years of mentally copy/pasting that sentence for at least 75% of all new unit releases, are you still surprised?

At least this is a usable unit, and isn’t Yet Another Boss/Tower Slayer that will never ever be used after the week it was introduced.

In other news, Earth’s Fury is available this week. In the Soulforge. For diamonds. It isn’t even part of a real-money weapon pack. If you are a beginning player who can accumulate 300 diamonds and the other materials by the end of this week, buy this weapon.

10 Likes

Thinking about all the Weapons I recommend my guild members craft (or buy) – namely the Doomskull Doomeds and various Armor ‘Eliminators’, amongst others – simply because they weren’t around at the time opens up a sympathetic pit in my stomach at the setback to their ability to craft Mythics (or even get all the Weapons).

It’s great that we have a way to get these old Weapons, but it’s still a tax on newer players. :slightly_frowning_face:

Edit: To elaborate, a tax beyond the simple difference in time played and required to accumulate troops, etc – it’s a difference in opportunity.

Potential solution: Make all weapons craftable-only in the Soulforge during their Event week instead of being offered for Gems in Event Shops; increase the influx of Diamonds/Jewels correspondingly.

Man… it’s so nostalgic seeing the Snotstone again. I thought it was completely gone, but I was still use for daily-killing Color-based Legendary task.

Also, right on Faction event day, so it’s sweet gems for me. :money_mouth_face::gem:

Edit : Finish the event, and I really got that free 100 gems without having to farm more. :innocent:
Fang moor’s Event Rating is 200.09286, over the desired 200, so I decided to not buying Tier 1. Look at this magic math result! :astonished:

The average score would be 200.09286 x (20+30+40+50+60+70+80) = 200.09286 x 350 = 70,032.501 point. As it’s impossible to get 2.501 point, my score is only 30 point away from what the actual average would be. So freaking awesome! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Well we have been getting better glory troops the past month or so. It’s just unfortunate that yet another troop without any endgame use falls to Grosh-Nak, the sorriest kingdom of them all.

While scanning my Troop collection for new combinations to tackle early levels of ToD, searching for ‘split’ (‘randomly split between enemies’) yielded no results. It turns out all such text has been updated to ‘scatter’ as part of the ongoing text consistency project (just like ‘Eliminate’ instead of ‘Remove all Armor’). Kudos and bravo/a!

I do kind of wish we had a change log, though, so that I know what to expect/search for, but half a loaf/beggars can’t be choosers, etc. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

6 Likes

I look forward to the day I no longer have to search for “transform” and then “convert” to get troops who do the same thing.

1 Like

This happened to me in the middle of a team-building session recently. So I went from being able to find troops to empty search results in consecutive searches. Talk about confusing! (I had to briefly switch to another app, offloading GoW and triggering the download of the text update.)

1 Like

I’d totally get behind you on this – was previously the same for ‘split’ and ‘scatter’ – and do still agree that it should be on the agenda, but I think this does cover both in the meantime?

I get that typing can be quicker than scrolling through menus, though.

1 Like

It does. But since that option is semi new. I never use it. (And shouldn’t have to). But I spose it’ll work in the mean time.