Orb of growth its a slap to the face

I would like to sacrafice a pet to get gems please, in all honesty it is getting way too confusing keeping track of all of these crap currencies, who really gives a poop about pets, the chest is only available for one hour for the guild, that is stupid, my guild is global so it will rarely help half of the guild, growth orbs are one of the worst ideas I have ever heard of, this game used to be about matching gems not collecting cute little pets

5 Likes

NO no no no. You got it backwards. You donā€™t give pets poop, it works the other way around.

Now, sure, a handful of creatures practice coprophagy, especially if their digestive tracts arenā€™t particularly developed. But thatā€™s not implemented until 3.5.

3 Likes

I better save my gems so that I can level up my pet accessories, you know kitty needs a nose ring

Lol, no. Thatā€™s what pet food is for.

People say that now.

For example, think dwarves on G/W Red Day are bad now? Just wait for those teams with 3x Troop Type Bonuses + 3x Kingdom Type Bonuses + (unknown multiplier) Color Type Bonuses.

Didnā€™t you get the memo? The number of required gem sinks to keep up with the meta will continually increase until everyone agrees to buy gem packs from the shop every week. The power to end this all is in our handsā€¦ and wallets. :money_mouth_face: I wish it was that simple.

So what? Soul also made for this for troop but we still can use orbs

My first orb of chaos ever from the vault! :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

my condolences on getting the worst orb you could get

2 Likes

Hmm, I didnā€™t know you could even get Orbs from the Vault, and Iā€™ve probably visited there 20 times!

But then Iā€™m still waiting for my first ā€œCommonā€ Treasure Gnome to dropā€¦ :face_with_monocle:

nothing like getting kicked in the pants, the same thing happened to me as well

3 Likes

Lol same here 11 major green 5 major orange 1 major blue

1 Like

All 6 orbs Iā€™ve got so far from leveling pets (4 minor 2 major) have all been green.

Yeah Iā€™m pretty much the same here now. I actually sit down now before ā€œrevealingā€ orbs as in the event itā€™s not ā€œgreenā€ iā€™m likely to faint or fall down.

Same here. Everytime Im crossing my finger ā€œplease not a growth orb, please not a growth orbā€

Also Orb of Wisdom has to be as rare as the Orb a Growth is common. SMH

2 Likes

Tested buffed vault rewards by opening a few vault keys and those shining green orbs (smallest of the small) opened a rant on mysterious gem value and stuffā€¦

Letā€™s start by assuming that I buy cauldron of souls - 18,000 souls for 500 gems;
Major orb of growth - max value I can get out of it is 7930 souls for fully leveling a mythic and that is worth roughly 220 gems;
Small orb of growth - max value is 1200 souls for mythic 19 to 20 and that is worth about 33 gems;

Theoretical value ends here, so now letā€™s try to put it to practical useā€¦being endgame player with souls galore why would I even want to use orbs when I have more souls than I could currently wish for? Thus, gem value remains purely theoretical, in other words - orbs of growth hold no actual gem value for me.

Okay, not everybody is bloody rich endgame player. There are midfielders. Would they want to use orbs of growth? When I think back to my midgame days, I needed traitstones a lot and, while farming for traitstones, I also collected souls along the way using TDS/Warlock team. Sure, it was a tad slower than dedicated fast explore team, but I (personally) didnā€™t mind - two birds with one stone, moreover, there hardly ever was a troop that had to be leveled right then and there and it simply couldnā€™t wait. Nope, I donā€™t remember such issues. So, for midgame player, orb of growth could offer some practical value, but not necessarily so.

Beginnersā€¦too far back to remember much. I guess using orbs on getting up low levels is overkill even for them. What if a troop approaches level cap for given rarity? Minor orb could save a few hundred souls then. At what rarity it would become wise to use major orb of growth on level one troop to get it up? Surely, if one happens to stumble upon a useful legendary or mythic, but epic? ultra-rare? I donā€™t know, really.

And crafting major out of minorsā€¦well, what does it take? 20 minors (max gem value of 33 per piece) & 1000 souls (gem value of 28) that gives total gem value of 688. So, I spend 688 gems to ā€˜buyā€™ 220 gems? Really? Thatā€™s not even a slap in the face, thatā€™s an insult.

Rant over.

6 Likes

Looks about ā€œNormalā€ the drop rate of Orbs of Ascension are 1:9 Wisdom/Growth. They are super rare.

I have 2 Major OoA, 18 Major Orbs of Wis/Growth combined.

No blue orbs in the last 3 or 4 weeks despite unlocking all guild rewards on RB and INV. And Bounty too. And also collecting many orbs beeing lvl 400+ in pets mastery.
A little better drop rate for these blue orbs wouldnt hurt.
With such low drop rate, you are making even more painful these 3 game modes that really dont need that.

40% chance for Green orb, 20% for each of the 3 other would be more fair or even 34% and 3x 22%.

I think the consensus for current chances is 15% blue, 25% orange and purple, 35% green.

We are some in the guild to have not seen a blue orb since almost 1 month. Are they still in the game?
I have so much green and yellow orbs compare to the blue ones. These drop rates are a big blunder from the devs. The minimum would be to replace the guaranteed major green orb by a blue. That wont be enough but that would at least be a small step to the right direction.

2 Likes

Yup i already suggested rotate the guarantee orb every event, that mean you will get at least 1 blue every month but it look like i was asking too much

1 Like