(Not a bug) When a troop is open while in a battle, the Battle slows down to a crawl

Platform, device version and operating system:

All
What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

Go in a battle and take your turn, then click a unit. While the unit screen is open, the battle in the background becomes extremely slow.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

All of the time.

Steps to make it happen again

Go in a battle and take your turn, then click a unit. While the unit screen is open, the battle in the background becomes extremely slow.

2 Likes

As far as Iā€™m aware, this is intended and not a bug, but may be worth putting in the Feature Requests section. Iā€™m actually in support of having the option to turn it off.

That would be a weird design decision. Weā€™ll see what infinite plus two says. They would know if itā€™s by design

1 Like

I donā€™t know if its by design or not. I think there are good reasons for it to be on as well as off, might be worth having a switch in place.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t find a Dev reply, but I swear Iā€™ve seen one - maybe it was in a stream (the Halloween one, I think). Hereā€™s another thread on the issue:

And it was noted in Update 4.0 Suggestions and feedback under ā€˜Other notable feedbackā€™.

1 Like

What reason could you think of where youā€™d want it to override your battle speed setting?

I can imagine looking at something and turning around and being down a troop or two for no reason, thatā€™d just be confusing.

Liking because we reported this two versions ago, it was acknowledged as ā€œweirdā€, then nothing was done.

1 Like

Hey there, this is working as intended and is not a bug :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Cyrup Please, consider to change it if this is intended behaviour.
GoW is a great game but I hate 3 things in this game: class change mechanic, weapon ā€œupgradesā€ which cripple my weapon, and this 1x speed when selecting troop.
I just cannot handle 1x speed, like many others. Iā€™m playing 9 months, from the first day on 4x speed. And I looked into this game a few years back but I was unable to handle 1x speed, it was so painfully slow that I gave up almost immediately.
Please allow me to play on my selected speed.

1 Like

I put in a post for a feature quest:

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/request-dont-slow-down-the-game-to-1x-when-a-troop-is-open/

Please comment there if you want it!

1 Like

Iā€™ll close this thread as @Megalex left a link to the thread for your request/suggestion and this is a bug report :+1: