Faster pace while having troops selected in battle

So I am usually playing on x4 speed, because I want stuff to be done quick. Especially Explore is something you need to do about 250-300 times just to trait one legendary and 600-700 times to trait one mythic troop. And I really have no complains about that.

The problem lies with how the game handles the speed when I click on a troop to prepare for using a spell. Going down to 1x speed while the spell is shown is really annoying. Espcially when the opponent gets a cascade in the background, as the gems just fall down so slow, and what should take not more than 5 seconds suddenly turns out to be 20 seconds.

There shouldnā€™t be any reason for the game to slow down that much. If I set the speed at x4, I want it to stay at x4, because I donā€™t want to waste time waiting. And with the probably widely used Sunbird/Fire Bomb teams you donā€™t need to look at the board at all. For me battles usually go something like:
Turn 1: Cast Fire Bomb (26 damage)
Turn 2: Cast another Fire Bomb (26 damage)
Turn 3: Cast Sunbird (26 damage + 59 damage)
Turn 4: Cast Imperial Jewel, if anything is still alive. (41 damage)
Total damage potential: 178, of which 126 are distributed, so they always get there full potential.

On Normal explore, nothing can survive that. So I donā€™t need to look at the board even once after the initial ā€œare there 4 red gems? yes? proceed as usual.ā€ The miniscule chance for the AI to throw a wrench into those gears is there, but honestly I donā€™t care to lose one match out of a thousand due to extremely bad luck.

TL,DR:
Please adjust the animation speed to what you set it in the option, even after clicking on a troop.

11 Likes

A couple of addenda to this, if I mayā€¦

1. Have the Extra Turn/ Mana Surge graphic that appears on the board clear away faster. It often blocks the view of the gems I want to match next, so I have to wait until itā€™s gone.

2. Decrease the delay for ā€œmove hintsā€. If Iā€™m looking for that ā€œonly move on the boardā€, Iā€™d like not to have wait several seconds before it decides to hint me.

1 Like

Interesting enough: The Extra Turn or Mana Surge Graphic is a thing that bugs me quite a bit. But only on my laptop. They seem to stay like forever. But on my PC itā€™s actually affected by the x4 speed. I have no idea what is up with that. The main difference is, that my PC still has Windows 7 while my laptop has Windows 10, but I donā€™t know if that really is the problem.
For the hints suggestion: I like it :3

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a pretty good request! :sparkles:
I thought I was the only one getting annoyed by that so hereā€™s a +1 from me c:

It stays on screen too long. Or waits like 5 seconds after the turn before it shows up on screen.
This issue is since 3.5ā€¦ Was never an issue before. The Mana surge used to be so fast you couldnā€™t even tell the difference between surge or extra turn.

1 Like