(Not a bug, troop is deliberately weak) Tauraeus - spell bugged, accidental copy of boost ratio?

Platform, device version and operating system: All

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
The new mythic, Tauraeus has a boost ratio of 10:1 for its spell, rendering it basically useless and weaker than a number of lower rarity troops. Normally I’d assume this is a deliberate design decision (albeit a baffling one - I think we all understand the desire to avoid OP troops but why so many super weak ones, no happy medium?) but recently it happened with the Hoard Mimic that the wrong trait was accidentally assigned due to a similar name, and something similar happened with Consort of Darkness again due to name similarity. Is it possible that the boost ratio from the similarly named Tauros was accidentally carried over? @Kafka @Jeto @OminousGMan a lot of people would be grateful if you could check and let us know either way

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening? Since release

Steps to make it happen again
View Tauraeus. Compare to, say, Ketras (a good mythic but not OP or meta), which has a 2:1 boost ratio and hence does about double the total damage. Tauraeus would need a boost ratio of at least 5:1 or 4:1 to be worth using in almost any scenario

8 Likes

Not to hijack your thread but we don’t want to hear that Tauraeus’ ratio is working as intended.

3 Likes

For sure I’d prefer to hear that it was a minor snafu and will fixed. But even confirmation that it was intended would be appreciated (albeit baffling and disappointing)

1 Like

Hey all,

I shared some information in the official announcement thread about Tauraeus;

Jeto (she/they) - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

Thanks for the reply, I’ve amended the title to indicate this is not a bug

1 Like