[NOT A BUG] Backup talent summons a Lv 1 Bandit

Platform, device version and operating system:

PC (Steam), Windows 10

Screenshot or image:

N/A - can get one if needed

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

When using the Backup talent on any class with this talent available (Archer was most recently used), if a Bandit is summoned after an ally dies, a Bandit of my Hero’s magic score should appear but a Lv 1 Bandit appears instead.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

This happens every time. Not sure how long this issue has been going on since I only recently unlocked / started using this talent.

Steps to make it happen again

1. Start a battle using a team with a Hero in it with the Backup talent selected (i.e. Archer or Thief).
  2. If the Backup talent triggers when an ally dies, a Bandit should appear in their spot. This would be easiest to trigger if using a weak troop in the first slot or a troop like Sunbird.

Have you upgraded the bandit in your collection to be a higher level?

1 Like

What level is the Bandit in your collection?

It seems to be working fine, as far as I can see it.

1 Like

@Magnusimus @Dust_Angel Great minds think alike :smiley:

2 Likes

@Magnusimus @Dust_Angel @terberos

My mistake, my Bandit is indeed Lv 1 in my collection. I didn’t realize this is how summons work … I never noticed this issue with previous summons. Thanks for your explanation! I will have to read up on summoning more to understand it better.

Is this how lycanthropy works as well? I noticed many times I end up with a Lv 1 Beast in my team if it triggers on one of my troops.

2 Likes

That’s right, yup!

The magic is what determines certain summons, but you’ll be artificially capped by the level of the card in your collection, if your magic stat happens to be higher in those cases, I believe.

2 Likes

Two things:

1. spell that summon troops take summoner magic into considerations. tratis don’t. This can be observed in Stryx faction, where all those harpies keep the original level.
  2. all summoned troops can’t be higher lvl than level of troop in you collection (if you dont own summoned troop, it will be lvl 1). Exception to this rule is Arena, where all troops have a max lvl of 15.
2 Likes