No Mimic Battle, Is that normal?

Hey my friend @Cronus; I am doing the same.
The problem is that I don’t like my chances right now of getting the new mythic because I get one mimic in every 50 boss fight.
I hope they revise and improve the chances.
I usually do like 200 boss fights a day but I feel that after several attempts I was discouraged with the outcome.
Now I will do my normal explore not hurting explore and when ever it drops it drops. I believe this will take months unless you are extremely lucky.

1 Like

Hey @WhoDat I think that is the right approach. You know how much I play and I will be honest with you, I did not think it would take this long for me to get it (still did not get it by the way :slight_smile: ). I also don’t feel strong that I will get it soon enough, it looks like you have to be super lucky with stars aligning at the right time. (like getting a power orb from a chaos orb :smiley: ). Anyhow, similar to you, I stopped hunting it. I know that it will eventually happen and I will gather as much statistics in the meanwhile to help the community, however, I am not going to make a fuss (or let it get to my nerves) in the meanwhile.

Good luck with the hunt!

2 Likes

Super lucky is the right word.
You need to get lucky to get the mimic battle then you need to be super lucky again to get from it the hoard mimic battle then super super lucky to get the mythic drop.

Congratulations if you’re this super lucky.

And just like that… any excitement for playing explore is gone…
Just another grind with a payoff equal to removing a splinter under your toenail.

I’m not sure I totally understand or agree with this take. Explore 12 has always been nothing but a tedious grind with very little payoff. Everyone in late-game medal farming mode will testify to that. If anything, this improves (if marginally) an already dull experience because every so often you get 2x-5x token rewards, addressing one of the commonly requests from the community to loosen up on tokens. I totally get arguments about rarity of occurence, but not ones that this somehow ruins Explore.

9 Likes

I guess it was new found excitement as I feel mine vanishing as well - just like with the cursed gnomes (which seem to have left the game altogether), I’ll soon lose interest in hunting.

It definitely improves explore but hunting for a hoard mimic seems futile.

I somehow managed to get 3 cursed gnomes on my explore journey this week, which was a nice surprise. Finally progressed the soulforge to lvl 18.

can you provide a copy of this spread sheet plaese

Up to 93 boss chests. 3 mimics (2 of those were for 2 extra orpheous medals. yay. :neutral_face: )
0 Hoard mimics
Which of course means no mythic drop.
So, if 10% holds, my next 7 chests should be mimics and 1 of those should be the x5 hoard mythic.
ANYBODY wanna lay on bet on that happening?
Anyone, anyone at all.

I did around 300 Explore #12 runs, only encountered 1 Hoard Mimics and it gave me this:

I find it fascinating that Cronus’s data suggest 2% hoard mimics while mine is less than 0.33%.

Edit: Got my 2nd hoard mimic at #472 boss chest. So 0.424% chance.

2 Likes

Cronus also kept track of exact numbers and not estimations and did combined data of more than 1000 boss chests. The larger the sample size the more trustworthy the data shown is. Probability is a fickle beast and in the larger the sample size the more accurate it is if you end up with 2 Hoard Mimics in 50 battles (unlikely but it is a possible outcome) then it suddenly skews the data the other way.

2 Likes

I agree with you though the rates may be low little differs from the previous week when grinding explore except now there is a very small chance you could get a mythic troop and instead of 1-3 Nysha tokens being the best case scenario now it is 1-15 Nysha tokes as the best case scenario. Nothings worse by this even if the rates are low it is a bit fun knowing there are some much better outcomes possible than ever before. If all you are doing is grinding explore 12 as usual now there is just more to look forward to.

1 Like

I would have much preferred it if it was something like:

• mimic turns up randomly 5-10% of the time (or whatever it is currently)
  • every 5th mimic battle also triggers a hoard mimic battle
  • you get hoard mimic card once you’ve beaten hoard mimic battle say 3 times
2 Likes

While the idea is nice I cant see them spend more time coding it.

1 Like

Unfortunately neither can I

It appears there are two versions of the game, one is Cronus’ version where hoard mimics is at 2%, the other is mine and ALP’s where the rate is ~0.5%.

I’ve done 472 boss chests and got 2 hoard mimics, Cronus’ data point number 1 did 470 boss chests and got 9 hoard mimics. If the probability were the same for all of us, then Cronus and I would be on the two far end of the probability distribution curve.

2 Likes

271 Boss chests
27 Mimic
0 Hoard Mimic

I want to say “all RNG” but I hear you; this is getting pretty frustrating.

Updated rates:

Mimic Hoard Mimic (from mimic boss) (from hoard mimic boss)
Account Difficulty Boss Chest Boss Chest Boss Chest Drop Mimic Rate Hoard Mimic Rate Hoard Mimic Drop
Account #1 E9 625 65 55 9 5 0 10.40% 16.36% 0.00%
Account #2 E12 633 65 66 11 10 0 10.27% 16.67% 0.00%
Account #3 E9/12 (Varies) 322 36 35 7 2 0 11.18% 20.00% 0.00%
Total Varies 1580 166 156 27 17 0 10.51% 17.31% 0.00%

Still no hoard mythic drop over 17 successful chests (and yes, we should be paying more attention to the hoard mythic fights :rofl: ). I have had other friends reporting getting the drop in the very first hoard mythic fight, so that’s again RNG for you.

Vault event will likely interrupt the hunt since we will all change strategies, but I will update this as I have more data available.

4 Likes

On the other hand, someone in my guild got this in less than 200 boss battles:

Speechless…

5 Likes

This exactly happened to my guild by the way. I have friends that found it in less than a few hours of playing, with barely any attempt. It looks like the more you chase it, the more it evades :rofl: That would be some amazing mechanics /sarcasm.

1 Like