No Mimic Battle, Is that normal?

Do you get any magical reward for that achievement or why is there so much obsession about it for some?

Did I miss the awesome game changing loot you get for your achievements?

I’ve had quite a few 2x chests, not a single 5x - while my guildmate had that awesome draw getting 5x Nysha and the mythic.

It is what it is.

At least it’s not as hard to get a 2x as it is to find one of those cursed gnomes…

3 Likes

Here is what it looks like if you find a mimic (time stamp should be 29:53)

and right after that fight, you’ll see what happens when you find a hoard mimic!

I had prepped all of my kingdoms for 6.2 by doing all battles up through the Mini Boss, which is why I had so many mythstones :wink:

3 Likes

1 Like

Good thinking! Sometimes I wish I had a brain too, I was so bored last weekend just wondering what to do in the game…

1 Like

Devs just threat this game more casualy- it’s a game, not a life. Achivements based on luck are just the type of achivement you would see in most of games where RNG is a factor (like getting achivement for royal flush in online poker game…)

3 Likes

For anyone that is still interested in rates. This is what I have gathered so far for 3 accounts (myself, my wife, and my friend).

Account Difficulty Boss Chest Mimic Chest Hoard Mimic Chests Mimic Rate Hoard Mimic Rate
Account #1 E9 258 18 2 6.98% 0.78%
Account #2 E12 204 19 5 9.31% 2.45%
Account #3 E12 88 10 1 11.36% 1.14%
Total Varies 550 47 8 8.55% 1.45%

no actual mythic drop in any of the accounts so far, so still searching. The rates do not look promising though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Once again last night, doing the same explore 12s on ANDROID… I encountered 2 mimic battles.

Every night this week since the updated, I’ve had multiple mimic battles playing on Android within a span of an hour or two. But playing on Steam for SEVERAL hours during the day, 0 mimic battles.

Same here my friend @Cronus
I done 198 mythic battles, 3 Mimic battles and no Hoard Mimic and no Mythic obviously.

I hope they review the chances. It is for sure not promising right now.

3 Likes

The RNG seems to be really stringy (is that the right term?) with the mimics. I have kept record and normally the mimic chest appears from every 1-10 battles. But then there have been couple strings of 25 and 50 battles between mimic chests.

1 Like

That is exactly how RNG acts though. When something has a 50% chance like a coin flip that doesn’t mean when you flip it 10 times you will see 5 of each. When the sample size is small it rarely reflects the true chance and you do often and should expect to see repetitions like 4 heads in a row. When repeated hundreds of times the numbers do start to show closer to the 50% because those instances of multiple heads and tails in a row are expected to happen and start to counter each other.
Sometimes you will get mimics closer together sometimes further apart but repeated enough times and those work together to reflect the actual probability.

So, 6 hours of D12 exploration with the Slayer/Zuul Team and not even a single Mimic battle.

I’m putting in about 2-3 battles per minute. So we’re talking about 350-400 boss matches and not a single mimic battle… what are these chances?

Instead of Gems of War, they should rename the game to Gems of Luck because so many aspects of the game rely mainly on luck rather than talent.

sorry for my english…

very very lucky run for me
I played all the kingdoms without opening the boss chests.
after opening all chests and …

7 Likes

(Updating with more data)
No mythic drop in any of the accounts still (3 accounts across my friends and family)

Account Difficulty Boss Chest Mimic Chest Hoard Mimic Boss Mimic Rate Hoard Mimic Rate
Account #1 E9 470 41 9 8.72% 1.91%
Account #2 E12 414 43 7 10.39% 1.69%
Account #3 E12 196 21 4 10.71% 2.04%
Total Varies 1080 105 20 9.72% 1.85%

This is more than 1000 boss chests right now, so the data should start to get better. If I were to guess about % rates, to keep things simple, I would have imagined that they have:

• Mimic rate => 10%
  • Hoard mimic rate => 2% (e.g., 20% of all mimics)
8 Likes

This is very good data. And wow that’s a lot of games for 1000 boss chests. I certainly don’t have that much time to do this

@Cronus How are you able to play so much, non-stop? 500 boss chests in no time… Any advice is welcome. I get weared out after just a few runs.

Hey @Eika I can tell you what’s working for me, but I would hardly think this would be an advice. It really depends on your life and game style.

• I work from home and have a work setting where it lets me play pretty much non-stop while working. With CoVid, etc. recently, my family prefers to be at home as well. Although this is changing slowly (with stuff getting better outside), overall this helped a lot.
  • Although I play a lot, I almost always do something else (like replying messages in the forum, cooking, eating, watching something, working etc.) while playing. Combining this with mindless farming teams, it reduces my burden of putting full concentration to the game. In other words, if you look at clock hours, you might see me as playing 15+ hours, however in reality, I have been doing something else during this time, so mentally it does not bother me.
  • I am in the leadership of one of the most hardcore guilds in the game. Playing with similar minded people and especially trying to be an example to them really helps and motivates a lot.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Which team(s) are you using?

For regular explore farming, there are a few I alternate depending on the goal.

Trophy farming: we treat this special and don’t share it outside of our guild family. I am sure this is known outside, but still skipping this.

Gold farming:

• Greed / Bronzelock Pistol (Thief) / Zuul / Cedric
    I stick to Broken Spire as a habit, but pretty much any kingdom works. E12 difficulty.

Medal farming (E12 difficulty as well):

• If I can pay a little more attention: Doomed Axe (Slayer) / Zuul / Leprechaun / King Bloodhammer
    Ghulviana works the best
  • If I am watching something else etc.: Mountain Crusher / Venoxia / Beetrix / Leprechaun. Wild Plains works the best.

Gnome hunting (E1 at Wild Plains):

• For non-GaP: Dust Devil / Ironhawk x 3
  • For GaP: Dust Devil / SIster Superior / Ironhawk x 2

I don’t do soul farming, at least anymore, so I think that covers pretty much everything.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing, but nothing here looks faster than what I am already using.

For sure. Did not think it would be faster than known versions for a moment. One thing that I came to realization and acceptance is that there is no way to make Gems of War faster (progression wise) other than playing more (or paying much more). Rarely, a new troop gets added that have great synergy (e.g., Ironhawk making gnome farming different), but that’s about it.