No Mimic Battle, Is that normal?

What platform are you on ALP? I always like your new update statistics :smiley:

Devs plans for the past 2 updates:

Weā€™re going to release lottery type mechanics because we need people to chase something for a chance at experiencing the new additions.

But playing Gems of War a 100 hours a week wonā€™t give you any better odds than someone who plays 10 minutes a week

Thanks devs for rewarding long term hyper active play. Every update comes with a 100% new way to spend money on the game. But a 1% chance of experiencing the new free content.

While other games are getting away from loot box type mechanics. Gems of War is saying ā€œhold my beerā€¦ā€

1 Like

I get the 5x being rare, but does the 2x need to be this rare as well?

Do we need to wait for the GaP update of explore for this feature to be fun?

1 Like

A bit of stats from my end, in case it helps:

• Myself: All E12 runs. 57 boss chests, 5 mimic chests, 2 hoard mimic chests. No hoard mimic (the mythic).
  • My wife: All E9 runs. 87 boss chests, 10 mimic chests, 1 hoard mimic chest. No hoard mimic.

If the rate of seeing a mimic / hoard mimic does not depend on base difficulty (big if), then current rates:

• mimic encounter => 10.4% (of all boss chests)
  • hoard mimic encounter => 2.1% (of all boss chests) (note how skewed this is that I have seen more hoard mimics than my wife although I had less boss chests than her)

Regardless, this is going to be a fun hunt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unconstructive useless comment. Why do people expect to get 5x as many tokens and finishing new content in a day. Itā€™s a bonus added to an existing grind

1 Like

ā€¦ Hey random that wants to put down others opinions.

You can finish this new content in a dayā€¦

Lotteries donā€™t care about time.

1 Like

False. You can invest time to get more tickets.

%90 Steam, %10 Android :grinning:

for the stat people

i preped 35 boss chests (defeating mythic boss and leaving chest) i got 7 mimic chests 0 horde mimic
on chests 14, 22, 24, 31, 32, 34

2 Likes

Aww was hoping I could find you on ps

1 Like

Iā€™m at 145 boss chests,
12 Mimic Chests (%8)
0 Hoard Mimic
If I get a Hoard mimic on the next mimic chest it will make %0,6 chance for Hoard Mimic.
For mytic drop you need to add

on top of that ā€œ1000 to 6ā€ chance.

2 Likes

I have been getting better mimics appearances today. Almost everry 5 boss chests I see a mimic. But still 0 on hoard mimic

My stats so far:

231 boss chests
20 Mimic chests
5 Hoard Mimic chests
No Mythic drop so far.

I feel like Iā€™m searching for a needle in a field full of haystacks.

1 Like

With those datas you are in the 0,5 % - 1 % of players in GoW. That spends so much time on the game.

I am shaking my head a little here @Nimhain why time after time there is no balancing? And why is newer features is never balanced towards the average players - but the elite players instead? Time after time your tests runs towards that very 1 % of players. And you decide to stick with itā€¦

If this is a needle in a field of full of haystacks for Campo, imagine what it is for the average to casual player.

1 Like

I have yet to encounter a single Mimic battle playing on Steam as of yesterday and today. The only mimic battles Iā€™ve had is 1 last night on Android, and 3 the night before after release, also on Android.

Iā€™ve done 60-65 boss chests, and had 1 mimic fight (non-boss). IP2 sure love their high-standard-deviation RNG!

after 105 explore battles(so arround 17-18 boss battles):
3 mimic battles and 2 of them turned into Hoard Mimic battle

so for me itā€™s like 1/6 times

1 Like

Wow new content & percentage is set soooo low as players dont get to enjoy itā€¦ imagine that!! Anyone else sick of the BS from this publisher?

2 Likes

I feel you are really lucky as I have not seen one hoard mimic yet

Okayā€¦achievements based on pure random arenā€™t ideal but itā€™s not worth stressing over. If it happens it happens; nothing you can do will boost your chances of a successful outcome. Inevitably some hardcore players will leave the game before they do so, whereas others simply will try and ā€˜grindā€™ this even though logic tells them they canā€™t. The FOMO nervous twitching is already in hyper drive and thats why posts like this are created and strategies developed to minimise the trade off between level 1 farming and a random mythic. The devs must absolutely love this. Press a button and watch the meltdown that ensues.