Nightmare Moon

It is, as he get 6 manas and reduce 6 from a troop. I dont think there is any immunity for stealing mana, but I might be wrong.

I assumed this is Deamon Invasion, right? Sir Mordayne being dual Deamon/Knight, while make sense in a lore, make it a bit confusing in usage. If we ever have a Knight Invasion, we will suddenly have 3 different Siegebreaker to choose from at once.

While Sir Mordayne’s spell power is a bit questionable, at least his trait is quite good. Infernal Armor is perfect for front troop, and Bloodlust trait (like Dire Boar’s) make Enraged skull-spamming a lot more powerful with no worry for Blue Tower. Beside, we got OP lucifer Incubus to play with this week. His double charming make him even better than Wisp from last time.

As for Nightmare, it is just a common card, so it’s understandable that it is a quite weak. It can only be a suport troop in curtain teams, and can only cast at certain time to avoid backfire. It might help new players for a bit, but it will have little use for mid-endgamer.

1 Like

There is with mana shield but I don’t know if towers are immune to mana steal

The stone event this week is much easier than last week, but…

Since when is Herald of Chaos betrayed us and back to be Infernal King’s servent again? And why do we have to help him? Oh… he will give us gems in return? Offer accepted then.

Herald of Chaos: I have known nothing but servitude for centuries.
Hero: Now you’re free.
Herald of Chaos: Then I freely choose to serve and follow you.
Hero: Welcome aboard!

4 Likes

Another half-ratio scythe. Damn.

I mean, okay, +8 per tower is a hefty amount of damage, but… this makes it a weapon that is unusable outside of the event.

We’re already getting troops that are unusable, why make that worse?

1 Like

Because they literally do not care.
Look at the long list of things that haven’t been sorted out or fixed for the longest time.
They know people will buy the weapon because otherwise their collections aren’t complete.
They’ll moan but still buy it.
Therefore why should they change their model?

1 Like

They are definitely immune to mana steal, which is ridiculous. Seriously, who comes up with these troop ideas?!

Towers cannot even be stunned, can they? Anyway Mordayne will be almost useless after this week, steal mana or not.

He’s bloody strong as a skull blammer.

1 Like

The troops are also designed to be useful for players outside of these events. (Not every player will find them useful of course, especially end game players with a lot of troops. But for newer players they certainly can be.)

1 Like

Newer players don’t have the resources to do the Invasions or Raids that often. Since for any success you need enough souls to Max level troops and trait them. I would never recommend to a newer player, that they build teams around Raids or Invasion troops.
Last Invasions were a lot of fun. This Invasion is just annoying seeing “Invulnerable” flash on the screen every time the Invasions troop cast. Or having Hopes Crescent ready to cast, but can’t cast it because it would end the match causing the game to freeze making the match count as a loss. I could’ve sworn that during the last Invasions, killing 4 towers always made the match count as a win. I tested it this time and it definitely does not.

Both issues seem very preventable with proper troop/weapon planning/testing by the devs.

2 Likes

Bloodlust is an awesome trait, any plans to retrofit it to older troops?

2 Likes

Everyone has different play styles @awryan. :slight_smile: While you may not see value in something doesn’t mean someone else won’t.

We are happy with our design and testing process. Unfortunately, sometimes there are bugs and issues, which is a reality for game development. Something that tested fine here might then have an issue when released due to the huge volume of people using it in a thousand different scenarios.

2 Likes

The problem here isn’t really the event troop itself, but the event targets being immune to all status effects.
I understand them being immune to any instant kill mechanics, but making them immune to all status effects is just aweful for several reasons, even if the event troop doesn’t happen to have an effect that is useless on them.

2 Likes

Ha ha ha ha ha ten chars.

3 Likes

They don’t realize how Mordayne outside of invasion is quite mundane.

4 Likes

What troops have you been using? I watched Tacet but don’t have the Mythic. I am currently farming for TSs for Sir M.

I had success with:

Death is not extremely necessary, an Incubus would do just as fine like @TimeKnight pointed out. But death lifestealing trait removes barriers of the first enemy. The team is probably odd for some people but it works well, just slightly different from the usual gameplay of casting Mang/Manglike weapom finishing off towers with Siegebeaker spell.

Hellcat will usually reduce the armor of the towers with his random damage, so i use Sir Mordaine more often, that’s why i’m using a banner with 2 extra blue. Earth Fury’s shares attack on the whole team, so everyone is able to deal some killing blows with skulls if needed. Specially Mordaine with his Bloodlust trait grating Enraged, in later stages he wrecks stuff really hard.

2 Likes

This is definitely one of the easier invasions thus far.

2 Likes

Shhhh. :vibration_mode: :wink: