Cursed Gold

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/cursed-gold/

New Invasion Troop: Blackfire Cannon

Blackfire Cannon will be available in the Invasion Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Cursed Effigy

Cursed Effigy will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Stone Slicer

This week it will be available in both the Invasion shop, and in the Soulforge.

Woot first!

Ooh, a construct weapon! But no construct class :slightly_frowning_face:.

Btw, today is a public holiday in Australia.

2 Likes

Constructs? :scream:

com-optimize

There should be a rule that we can’t have a class type Invasions until we have a hero class for that type.
(I’m not going to double check so feel free to correct me internet.) But I don’t think Raids is as much of a cookie cutter weapon as Invasions are. Not to mention if you use the weapon it’s a max boost ratio of 3 troops this week. Which is a great way to set up the AI for extra turns this week. Poor planning, poor execution.

3 Likes

I mean, I’m looking forward to its future usefulness, but yeah, it’s unlikely I’ll be using it much, if at all, this Invasion for the reason you mentioned (which makes it unnecessary to tie it to this Event, realistically).

1 Like

I wouldn’t use that canon on a windy day cause it look like you can burn yourself

2 Likes

No one else is going to ask what the “Asce” mechanic is? This is new.

5 Likes

What troop does this?

1 Like

Are you sure…
You must be confusing with Elementals?

Trouble with constructs is that they have no stable mass mana generators (most of them random, enchant or X amount of mana) and Turtle Cannon being at least the safest at high levels while most of them focus on defense.
Also to mention there is no hero class or viable mythics.

I just think this week’s invasion will be a drag even if you can beat the matches.

Yeah my bad. @Grundulum… The constructs I plan to use are also Elementals so I blended the types.

1 Like

What’s the difference between a construct and a mech?

Mech is created using science and engineering. Can also be piloted.
Constructs are made of stone and other materials and are given movement or life via magic or godly powers.

9 Likes

That weapon can recharge itself, aren’t they usually meant to be “Colors A/B, spawns gems of C and D” ?

Another thing I’ve been wondering about since I saw that troop months ago in spoilers - does the random enemy also take increased damage if it is a tower … hmm.

Every time (to date) we have had a weapon like this that looked like it would fill itself, it was changed at release to fit the pattern you described.

Now watch this be the first one to actually fill itself.

Edit, post-weekly-reset: LOL. So much for history.

Yes the random hitted troop does indeed get 3-5x damage if is a tower.

Yet to fire for me and over 30 casts…Now started firing, must have had a blocked chamber :wink:

1 Like

There’s no way in Hellen that this 30% chance is working as intended. I think a decimal point was misplaced and it’s currently 3%.
I’m assuming my 50 casts are too small of a sample size. So I would love to hear if the community is having different results than me.

it seemed like a much lower chance to me as well.

2 Likes