Nightmare Moon

Originally published at: Nightmare Moon – Gems of War

New Invasion Troop: Sir Mordayne

Sir Mordayne will be available in the Invasion Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Common Troop: Nightmare

The Nightmare will be available for 300 Glory in the Rewards tab of the Shop, and will appear in Gold, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Deathspire

This week it will be available in both the Invasion shop, and in the Soulforge.

Join the Forum!

7 Likes

looking forward into it.

Curious to see how this weapon levels up

Hah steal six Mana from Towers that are immune to Drain. Bold strategy Cotton let’s see if it pays off!

7 Likes

What will the boost ratio on the horse be?

1 Like

Do you still get the mana if the tower is immune to draining? Does the tower just not lose his mana, but the invasion troop gains it still?

Otherwise that is kind of odd to put on an invasion specific troop.

Glad to see more troops that will work great with Infernus, he needs it.

1 Like

might be an easy tower week like the bounty

I wish we could see the Boost Ratio’s on all of these new troops/weapons that get posted.

2 Likes

that would be great. My best bet is that the boost ratio is x 1, I hope its x 2.

1 Like

I thought the same thing, seeing as Vanguard was recently released and sort of similar, but Nightmare is a common. If it’s a x2 ratio, this might be a useful troop, but if it’s something like 1:1 or even 2:1, count me out.

If it’s magic dont scale or scale only 1/2 its a big chance its an x 2 boost ratio. Many troops are immune to burning as well, so x 1 boost ratio will be sad.

1 Like

That’s a good point, I didn’t think about it’s spell’s variable potentially being influenced by scaling magic.

1 Like

My site answers these questions.

Deathspire (15 Purple/Brown)

Deal [(Magic / 2) + 2] damage to all enemies, boosted by all enemy Towers. [8x]

UPGRADE WEAPON

1. Attack Bonus : +1 Attack
  2. Attack Bonus : +2 Attack
  3. Magic Bonus : +1 Magic
  4. Attack Bonus : +2 Attack
  5. Life Bonus : +4 Life
  6. Chaotic : Reduce a random skill on the first enemy by 2
  7. Ruined : Create a Doomskull
  8. Ensouled : Gain 4 Souls
  9. Daemonic : Explode a random Purple Gem

Flaming Hooves (10 Yellow)

Create 5 Red Gems, boosted by Burning enemies. [2x]

Of course, having it in the reveal image in the news post would save you the trip.

8 Likes

(Also I find it ironic that the weapon upgrade step that ruins this weapon by causing unpredictable board modification as a side effect is called “Ruined.”)

14 Likes

We appreciate the amount of information available on your site, @Lyya, but it would be nice to just see it here without having to navigate to a new page every time. It’s just a simple task of adding a bit of text to the picture.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I definitely agree with that. I’m just chiming in because I see lots of speculation here and wanted to answer.

3 Likes

very cool. excited for the underworld too!

Hmmm…

New weapon: not convinced that this will hit hard enough to be worth using over Mang and the mangclones… and yes, yet another one whose ‘upgrades’ make it riskier to use…

Sir Mordayne: ha yes, mana drain on a tower-killer when towers are immune to it… how very droll…

Nightmare: waste of a very cool concept: if 4 enemies are burning, this makes 13 red gems, which is strong… enough to be almost reliable… but given how many enemies are immune to burn - and you’d need, what, Infernus, to be sure they’re all burning… 3 enemies burning, 11 gems - unreliable, wouldn’t see myself casting, ever… and this is yellow so clashes mana with Infernus… just why would anyone fancy casting it: given Hellcat is also yellow, and a daemon-beast from the same kingdom…

1 Like

It says “steal” on Mordayne … is that not different than mana drain?