New Pet - Wyrmling

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/new-pet-wyrmling/

New Pet: Wyrmling

A new pet has been released, the Wyrmling. You can get your Wyrmling from the daily Pet Rescue for the next 24hrs.

The Wyrmling will also start appearing as a potential Pet Rescue from Pet Gnomes in 3-4 weeks’ time.

Join the Forum!

13 Likes

First. Also, that’s adorable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Must this delay still be a thing … otherwise yay dragons. *nod*

Probably makes some business sense. Many players are collectors that want the new stuff now. Faced with a month delay, some may throw gems or cash to get it now…

5 Likes

I was so excited that new pet get official post from Sirrian. I want to read about the pet lore. Too bad there isn’t one. Maybe next time, please?

Oh well, back to writing my own fan-fiction then. :grin:

1 Like

So what’s the lore behind pets getting turned into pet food?

This, obviously.

4 Likes

finished pet rescue and i didn’t get Wyrmling, so dissapointed :frowning:

If you win all 8 stages you are guaranteed to get at least one copy from the rewards tab

my upmost apologies, i found Wyrmling but theres no scrolling arrows in the pet troops section.

You made sure to collect your rewards, right?

I swear I linked that the other week already lol.

You have 24 whole hours to get one for free from the same place you’d spend the gems to get it. During the 3-4 weeks it won’t be available it doesn’t matter if you spend $10,000, there is no way to obtain it.

Sure. But if a person wants to upgrade it much, they might be inclined to splash a few gems. Or not.

I think the one month delay (same as for weekly event troops) is to make the pet feel special for a time as well. If it can pop up randomly from the next day onwards, it loses that temporary feeling of novelty and uniqueness. That’ll make people want to play more to grab it.

1 Like

Well the strategy won’t work with me i am ok with only 1 copy and won’t spend any gem to speed up his ascension

Y’know what would be nice? Being able to see the bonus that the pet boosts within the pet screens. Like that 4 yellow troops gives +4 Armor, and with Griffling it’s [+8 to +12].

This way we wouldn’t have to build the team separately just to see the bonus.

4 Likes

it won’t work for kingdom or troop type pets tho, because they give different bonus depending on the team composition

Actually it would work if it only showed the boosts applicable to that pet. There are typically boosts for having 2, 3, or 4 unique whatevers, so it might have to show two or three boosts, but clearly that data exists already.

A full dragons claw team now gets some pretty good buffs. Imagine when these 2 pets are Mythic and it’s a dragons claw event and if it happens to fall on a GW week!!! Insane buffs.

I though the Wyrmling wouldn’t be released for 3-4 weeks? Our guild just got started one for it.