- Players play 3 battles against each other, for every round of tournament.
- Each round consists of 2 days: On day 1 players set up 3 defence teams, on day 2, players fight against opponent teams.
- Both defence teams and offence teams are restricted to a subset of troops and weapons. Restrictions change every round (2 days).
- Players get score for fighting enemy team. Player with higher cumulative score from 3 battles wins duel.
- Using 12 unique troops each round gives a bonus to score gained. (or other words - using multiple copies of a troop on defence gives a penalty to score)
- Player who doesn’t set up their defence teams automatically loses the duel.
- If both payers don’t assign their defence teams, both lose.
- Battles are fought with all bonuses player has (kingdom levels, artifacts, guild stats etc.)
Organization, additional rules and other changes needed to implement it:
This is an idea to implement some kind of chess elo mechanism onto the game:
- Each player is given 100 Tournament Fame.
- Each duel (3 battles) two players fight result in one players losing and other player gaining Tournament Fame.
- Players are matched each rund with use of a swiss-system, with first round picks at random(or with use of Tournament Fame scores). 2 Players dont duel more than once on a single tournament. Matches are made with use of these metrics:
3.1. Number of duels won in current tournament (players with same win-lose history are matched against each other as in every swiss-system)
3.2. Total cumulative score of all battles and all rounds of tournament (players with highest scores are matched to play against each other)
3.3. Tournament Fame (players with higest Tournament Fame are matched to play against each other)
- Number of rounds depends from number of competitors.
- After each round players are ranked by:
5.1. Number of duel victories.
5.2. Total cumulative score from battles.
- After last round, final ranking is determined. Players receive rewards based on their position in ranking.
Rewards,time spread, entry fee and other:
- Rewards are as following (a total of 2150 gems):
- players ranked 100-51 recieve 5 gems
- players ranked 50-21 recieve 10 gems
- players ranked 20-11 recieve 20 gems
- players ranked 10-6 receive 50 gems
- players ranked 5-4 recive 100 gems
- player ranked 3 receives 150 gems
- player ranked 2 receives 300 gems
- player ranked 1 receives 500 gems, and is honored with special title: Champion of Krystara. Whenever Champion of Krystara loggs onto the global channel, an annoucements is published on that channel: All hail to %player_name%, Champion of Krystara. Also Champion of Krystara name is surrounded by small green leafs - symbolising Wreath of Victory.
- Champion of Krystara keeps his/her title until next Tournament is finished and new Champion takes the title.
- Other than that, all players receive:
- 1 glory key after each battle won
- 10 glory for winning their duel match
- Tournament entry fee is 50 gems.
- Tournament once started runs until it’s finished. Other in-game events operate independently.
- Tournaments can be held after a campaign is finished - as a form of celebration of finishing campaign and saving up Krystara from danger.
- On top of that, there can be an additional carrot for some collectors -> 3-4 achievements:
7.1. for taking part in tournament
7.2. for winning a duel in tournemanet
7.3. for being ranked top 10
7.4. for winning a tournament and becoming the Champion fo Krystara
I’ll leave it here, for people to comment. Have a good week everyone.