New Campaign Feature is Perfect

You are missing my point. This is not a relevant comparison. The context is that the elite pass is an exclusive method to gain a mythic with the free method having a time gate of months or random tries to get it. There is no exclusive week to focus your efforts to get it.

1. This is an old legendary that has been out for years. Not exactly an “exclusive” troop or hard to get.

2. This pack is not the only way to get it in this week alone. Event keys can narrow it down or evrn be obtained on glory/gem/guild keys. The existence of this direct buy does NOT restrict a f2p from getting it with luck.

The more apt comparison is the path to glory and growth packs. The troop is unowned if possible, and either is unlocked 30 days later or immediately upon reaching the needed level of the growth pack.This game can obviously sell troops at high prices. Just like you said about buying gems, it has been there since the beginning. It does not contradict what I have said sbout the elite pass.

1 Like

Not sure, why you post such thing.
We dont know soulforge price of this mythic. There’s not a sign of official news or spoilers that would state otherwise. (if it will be added to the chests drops, there’s no reason for its soulforge price to be any different)
And if it’s of the same cost as every other mythic in game, it will be easier to obtain than any of the Apocalypse Army mythic that’s already ingame (main reason for that being AA mythics dont drop from event chests, and Kuranda should on Urskaya week).
Apart from that, you’ll have same chances of rolling it from glory/gem/vip keys as for any other mythic in game…

Explore with extra clicks and a cumbersome UI to collect stars and advance to the next task really bothers me. If they could make it simpler like showing all tasks in sequence and just let us finish and collect multiple task’s stars at once would be a huge improvement:

7 Likes

I cautiously agree with the OP. Perfect is may a little bit of stretch but I’ve enjoyed it so far. I’m very comfortable with the concept of the Elite Pass and what it will provide. It’s week one so I probably charged into it all quite quickly so this week is now really only the World Event left to do but the campaign made me flex my muscles again and use teams and troops I haven’t for a long time. It’s mixed things up enough to satisfy me. I am end game, I’m high VIP, I’ve always been cool with putting money back into the game and it’s kept me loyal for a long time now. Perfect suggests it can’t be improved and I’m sure it will be but for now it’s a yes from me

1 Like

Disregard my post.

Unless the mythic gets a unique crafting recipe, it will most likely cost the same unless something gets changed later on.

The point of contention is the lack of an exclusive time frame where someone who didn’t buy the elite pass can get it. Without that time frame, you don’t get that brief chance to focus all resources on it.

If a player has only a half dozen mythics left to get, soulforge and event keys are the f2p method outside of sheer hope with regular keys. Many if not, almost all players who are almost done with the troop collection will save non event keys to get a new mythic on its release with any friday mythic. Not only does the pass give the mythic if 1,000 stars are reached, but based on current information, the mythic immediately gets put into the 4 week hold until entering the troop pool.

Honestly, if the campaign troops could be crafted in the break week so long as the connected artifact was level 10, it would go a long way.

There’s no proof of unique recipe being an issue. Adding this new mythic to the pool and allowing players to drop it from chests is also a sign, that it will be regular mythic as any other

Soo… ? You can get it as all mythics that you are missing → either through event chest when Urskaya kingdom pops up, or from glory/gem/guild/vip chests any time, after it’s added to pool. Or from soulforge.

And there are still players who do that and fail at getting one copy of a new mythic in it’s exclusive week in chests (there are at least few topics about it on forum, to say i’ve seen at least 2-3 since i got an account on forum). And these players are forced to hunt for them in other ways mentioned above.
I see no problem with that. This mythic isn’t a game changer that’s magically going to brake the balance of the game. It’s just a mythic. Another one. Nothing exclusive or special. Only thing that’s different is that it’s added without exclusive week. Those who support the game and participate in current 10 week long event, will get it as a bonus for free (just like they would by buying one of those paths).

The mythic is only guaranteed if you spend $10. That’s not “free”. It’s not a bonus; on the contrary, it’s likely the major selling point of the pack in the first place.

On topic, I don’t mind the 4-week cooldown before the new mythic goes into the general rotation. I just think it should be added to crafting right after that rather than at the end of a 14-week lineup. I think that’d be a fair compromise. Buyers get 4 weeks of exclusivity before free players can dump resources to craft it.

2 Likes

ok, so i should rewrite that sentence as:
“Those who support the game with 10$ and participate in current 10 week long event, will get it as a bonus for free.”
is it better now? Does it change anything in what i have written ?

Yes, as you are paying for the mythic. It is not a bonus simply because you still need to earn the stars, heck, the $25 pass is meant to entice those with less time to still get it.

Just because you still have to earn it after buying the pass does not make it free. If anything, it is either a waste of money or a push to use gems in order to get it.

It’s like telling the people who bought every $5 pack to get to xathenos first that they got it for free by supporting the game. No, they paid for early access for the troop before it could be gained by normal play and gems spent.

We can disagree about how annoying the wait period for a f2player to get kurandara. Vip points are “free” as they are a byproduct of making in game purchases. This troop is not free.

4 Likes

The difference between this 10 dollar offer and all the offers that came before it is, the offers were always a way for newer players to catch up to the hardcore players (The “Tacets”) that get everything as it comes out. Give me a million copies of kerberos, a million gold, a million pet food, a million fennekits… it wouldnt’ change my situation.

Now we get an offer, pay 10 dollars, get a mythic that Tacet doesn’t have, and Tacet won’t get it unless he pays 10 dollars too. For the first time, you can spend money to get ahead of everyone else. If we encounter the new mythic in PVP, we will know for a fact they simply paid for it.

I believe the devs are trying to “purge” the long time player base, and trying to attract new players with deep pockets. It’s certainly working, people are dropping like flies. Even Taran punched out, I never thought he’d quit.

Take the worst event in the game (the class event) and make us do it for 10 weeks in a row. I can’t think of a better way to get people to bail.

Not for the same reason (the quote is Magnusimus quoting Taran’s farewell message on Discord).
Don’t use the name of others to say things that these others didn’t say.

Why do you think those people quit? Why do you think the forums are so toxic?

1 Like

Because when people complain about things some often do it while heavily frustratred and in a “combative manner”. This will “rub/trigger” other people in a bad way and they may also look for excuses to attack the poster, not the idea/argument.

Soon it all devolves into:
“The devs need to earn money to eat, do you want them to starve and die? Why are you such an evil person?”

I don’t think most of the forum users are complaining about the devs trying to earn money, they are complaining about HOW they are trying to do it.

Turintuor’s points (In another thread/topic) about how generous the devs were are all true. The devs were too generous, to a fault, but that’s exactly what made people like Arelana and others, myself included, to look for ways to support them at the time. To the point we’ve spent enough money that could have paid for a big PC/Console game release or even more.

Still, GoW is a game getting constant updates so in a sense we paid once for a single game and we keep getting free DLC/New game+ features later. It’s just that NOWADAYS we are not really getting anything NEW…

Hell, we are not EVEN getting fixes for what’s broken since months ago…
Also the lack of ACTUALLY new features, short gem-sink events, gatekeeping of resources/Legendary tasks, ignored QoL requests, lack of troops’/weapons’ rebalancing, among other factors are all bundled together to sour the player’s experience.

7 Likes

These frustrated players became bitter and rollercoast for every devs mistake. You saw how violent some of them was during the “Kurandara in chest” mistake? “Devs are stealing you!”
There are also professional pitchforkers who are here only to complain Whatever devs do they will find something to complain about.
There is also the question of how you complain: some are just insult. Not enough clever posts with ideas to improve the new patch.
So all of that creates for me this toxicity that destroy this forum.

But how do you want them to earn money (cosmetics are too expensive for them, and goodies seem to be “no” from the publisher)? They are adding in each patch a new way to get dollars.
Why they do that? Maybe because the previous deals did not bring enough money.
We know that GoW is making revenue but we do not know about its cost and also what is written on their contract and a possible debt owned by the publisher.

And my posts generally tackled the HOW (like others). To resume, I don’t think it will that difficult for F2P players to get the rewards after the campaign. And the pass is one of the 1st thing nice to buy after the Deathknight armor.

1 Like

Which are the same mistakes from the past. Things some people could forgive at the time, but when it repeats itself it will eat away their goodwill. Guardians in Gold Chests happened twice, same with Xathenos and some other exculsive troop I think…
The IMMORALITY of the story is: It’s fine to cheat using gold chests for the exclusive Guardian troops, because the devs will allow you to get away with it. With Mythics or things they aim to monetize it’s not.

And each patch preview or release players react saying they are not interested in said offers or features. People said before, at lenght, things they would like in the game and that could be monetized, but the devs/publisher keeps disregarding it.

No surprise here to be honest… They are trying to sell AC to people living in Alaska.

And then the “big” update hits, and it turns out to be the more of the same, with some pittance of rewards EVEN for people PAYING for the pass. Zero rebalance, zero bug fixes (actually it brought the bug of Kurandara and heart of rage that shouldn’t be available yet) then of course people will be upset.

And after a long story of patches just trying to monetize stuff, with things players repeatedly said they weren’t interested WHILE the list of things they ARE interested never got addressed AT ALL then of course they would feel ignored/betrayed…

I’m not taking away the responsability of each poster for what they write/do in these forums, but I won’t be a devs’ apologist and pretend to be blind to everything THEY DID to cause this situation.
“You’ve opened this can of worms, now lie in it.”

The pass is not bad, I believe I’ve said it already but I think the people buying it should get the Mythic right away. With DK armor you get the bonus right away AND it’ll be a boon during the entire time you use it.
I also don’t like the idea of the artifact’s bonuses being active in GW, I feel it’s completely against the nature of fair game to have such bonus active and locked behind real money investiment.

3 Likes

THIS!

And then you have the people who counter every single criticism with “but the devs have to make dollars somehow” yet never enlighten the audience as to how many dollars need to be given before the players will start to see things they want to see, like bug fixes, QOL, etc.

Because the players’ should minimize their concerns and keep them out of the public eye so new players don’t get exposed to them before they can start pumping money in, apparently.

This game is not a GoFundMe or a Kickstarter. We don’t need to invest into the game in the hopes that we eventually get what we want.

This game is a business. It’s going to do whatever makes the most money the most efficiently. In the case of Gems of War, that includes ignoring updates that focus on fixing what we already have in favor of adding as many new events as possible so Gem shops can be added to them, or coming up with new Flash Offers to increase the volume of daily spend, or adding another subscription service via battlepasses that essentially require the player to commit to playing 10 weeks of events in order to get all the improved rewards.

I actually agree with this, and have felt this way for a while. Some of the changes have felt directly targeted towards players with large resource pools (or the ability to grind for them).

Other changes have felt directly targeted towards getting the player to spend more and time time in the game…but then we have things like a bunch of unneeded extra clicks in Explore so that players can’t get too much benefit from all that extra time.

1 Like

The rollercoast was mainly about the compensation for the bug not the fact that devs always do the same mistake.
Don’t get me wrong I also facepalm when I read the issue.

Xathenos and Zuul are both troops that have their very specific way to be earned. When some players get (I think it was) Zuul accidently, others make riot on the forum about “how it was unfair that some players can get him so easily”.

That doesn’t mean that these offers are not bought by other players who will never read/post on this forum.

Even if these players say “I want that” doesn’t mean that if devs add that they will buy it. “Oh it is not exactly what I want” etc excuse.
And I don’t see what players want that I didn’t say before :thinking:. Micro-transaction? That’s quite the Daily Deals.

I think there was not only monetization in these last 6 last patches :thinking:.

Devs are not your boys, they are not there to fulfill what few players want. They have surely a tough planning to follow which not include time for bugs.
You know I am also a dev and the 1st thing that you feel when someone discover a bug because of your code is shame. No dev is happy to write bugs and see it survive patch after patch.

• players already complain that the payers are going to have it at least one week before the F2P and it is already a tragedy.
  • the price will not be the same. 50 dollars for a Legendary. I doubt they will offer a Mythic for 10 dollars.
  • you can buy the pass the last week of the campaign and you will be able to play with it right after paying :partying_face:

My guess is that their code doesn’t allow bonus to not be apply in GW. And it was too much work for them to do it. Only my guess.

One month, not one week. The devs have said that it will enter the general pool to be pulled from chests/crafted after a month. (They haven’t said whether it’ll go to the back of the crafting line so that players have to wait an additional 3.5 months after this initial month or not.)

Personally I don’t mind waiting a month after the payers. I do mind waiting 4.5 months, and no, telling me I could randomly pull it from a Glory, Gem, or VIP chest after a month doesn’t make it any better.

There are over 50 Mythics in the pool and a Gem chest has a 1 in 1000 chance of a random one. No one with a simple understanding of math would take those odds. If someone is missing a bunch of Mythics, sure, getting any random one could help grow the collection, but for people who are missing very few, the Forge (and Event Keys, if a Kingdom Event shows up) is the way to go.

3 Likes