(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

From Taran’s discord server, in case you’ve not seen it:

Hi @everyone, this weekend makes four years in the game for me (amazing how long it has been). I have enjoyed my time here having the pleasure to play a great game with some great people, running a top 10 guild for a bit, writing many web and bot resources that I think most of you enjoyed, but I think it is time I move on to something else. July 26th will be my last day playing the game and hosting my website and bot.

I haven’t used my game account for a while, and I’ve had many close friends leave the game, which has made this harder. In addition, there has been a lot of toxicness to the GoW forum, and in several discord servers. I’ve put time and money into the website, bot, Discord because of the love I had for the community, but when that turns toxic, it is no longer fun.

I will miss all of you and wish you all the very best.

…so. What does this thread do without taransworld? O.o

How will the game be affected now that the hardcore fanbase can’t see what’s coming down the pipe — think someone else will take up the task, or will we all be stumbling in the dark from now on?

This is a way bigger game changer for me than an update, to be honest.

And to Taran: thank you, thank you, thank you for all you did for this community, and for my personal enjoyment of the game. I wish you the best and hope you find a new fun thing soon.

40 Likes