N00b Gameplay question

I mean that in the kingdoms are explore, quest and something called challenge, what’s the meaning of this “challenge”. Explore is for traitstones, but what do you get in challenges?

Yup and I reiterate that if you haven’t played the game…

Challenge mode gives a series of battles against set lineups of troops (mostly from that kingdom). There are 8 challenges in each kingdom, each with 5 difficulty levels. Each level completed opens up the next. The main reward for doing these is souls, as you get a bonus reward of souls which increases along with the challenge level. Independent of the challenge level, you can also adjust the battle difficulty to gain a bonus to the rewards. You receive the bonus souls only once for each level of each challenge, so you should try to complete each challenge at the highest level of difficulty that you can manage.

Can you try to be a little more charitable to new players? It was a reasonable question.

8 Likes

You tell’em @Stan! as close to a flame as need be.

Anyone got insight on Arena pre-leveled troops? Is it a good deal? Has anyone purchased. As I stated, i’m am Gem broke, after getting Dragon armor, and should be saving for Celestial according to popular opinion.
Just wondering, not that I got 450+ gems laying around.

Arena pre-levelled troops are the worst use of gems. NEVER take that option at the end of Arena. You’ll easily get all those troops from opening gold and glory chests that you’ll pick up from your Guild or from regular gameplay.

6 Likes

@Stan Thanks. No more regret.

2 Likes

@miedzielski Well as wonders have it , I beat the first boss with my attack team. However the offer is for items for use in the SoulForge, along with the paid offer. I’m not sure i’m ready for the forge yet, i just opened all kingdoms, and am on my PvP Odyssey to get to level 1 (currently Tier 5 with the Tacet dragon team) and level the magic kingdoms.

Is soulForge something for much later?

1 Like

Right now the drop rates for mythic troops are really bad. Soul forge is a way to compensate a little for that and it pays off to buy the daily offers but mostly when you have enough “good” troops to get around. If you still struggle with team building you can keep opening chests with gems and only later start buying daily offers. If you like (or at least don’t mind) doing Treasure Hunt you can try to make 50 gems daily and use it to buy the offer. This option is viable only if you like that mode, no point in making yourself suffer for the sake of getting few gems :wink:. Whatever you do, don’t use them for buying too many tiers (tier II should be enough) in Invasion/Raid/Bounty shop or upgrading sentinels in GW.

2 Likes

@miedzielski Got it. So much of what you are saying is above my head ATM, but no worries, I have it for later when I think I know what i’m doing, LOL.

I am currently looking at Tacet on SoulForge so I get the part about crafting Trait Stones, and i’m sure he will get to mythics, I’m at work so can’t appear to involved 100% Right now I only buy the Weekly Event troop with souls, and whatever I get from PvP keys+Guild Keys, just got 4x KEG AND THE BEANSTALK from this weekly, so really focused on Kingdom leveling right now.
Hopefully I get some good things from the PvP Tier reward keys. Level 5 right now so got 1 more day right!?

I am taking the “you can’t do it all at once approach”, very little TH cause I need gold, and PvP is a grind at my level, (115), I win a lot but it takes time. I will look at the forge and make sure I do the free leveling that was in the video. So it will be a small part of daily grind.

The hardest part is seeing all the team builds, and missing so many of the OP troops, like TDS, and Alchemist, and Queen Mab to name a few. I wish they still had the weekly packs in the shop on PC, hard watching the videos and constantly saying, I don’t have that option.

2 Likes

Alchemist will came to you on his own eventually, he is not that rare :wink:. There is a fair chance that you will also get Mab if you use event keys next week (from guild tasks etc.), as the event will be based in Glacial Peaks. As for the Soul Forge - you don’t need to have it’s levels unlocked to accumulate diamonds. The levels have to be unlocked only for actually crafting something from your resources.You need 4000 diamonds to craft a mythic and 800 to be able to forge a legendary troop. It is a good idea to either forge The Dragon Soul first or wait for a mythic. As there are many legendaries and only 4 of them are available each week, it’s entirely possible you will get enough diamonds for a mythic, before you encounter The Dragon Soul in forge, it depends on luck.

4 Likes

@miedzielski Good to know. I am holding my event keys now I know why. As to leveling the forge, I only plan to do the free leveling, as long as I remember to check, I just hate I lost kill count. Good advice, i’ll focus on TDS when I start forging.

While I got you, or anyone reading, thoughts on Bounty? Again i’m supposed to be saving for Celestial but… just found out that’s active ATM. I gotta stop clicking around LOL.
Thanks for the replies.

1 Like

As a new player, you shouldn’t waste gem on Bounty right now. But you can still participate in it without bounty troops, with 12 free sigils (and maybe 12 extra from Valraven) and get some nice reward. Bounty is only available untill weekly reset in a few hours, so give it a try! ^^

7 Likes

@TimeKnight Thanks. Tried it not bad, got to stage 10. Can’t beat level 40 troops…but close.
Good resource.

3 Likes

@miedzielski As you said. 1 key, 1 pull, Alchemist LOL . Now I just gotta fit him in to a gold team worthy
of PvP.

3 Likes

Trait question, I noticed if you take the 2nd trait, or 3rd, it counts for all.
My question is if you take the 1st trait, will that take away from the trait pool for the 2nd or 3rd trait?
Example:

If I take the 1st in this case…

No difference if you trait one at a time, or pick the 3rd trait that also buys the first two.

1 Like

@UKresistance to be clear in this case when I buy “Greedy” i will still have the 8 Runic stones I need for “Stealthy”?

Yes, because only first trait needs the purple.

1 Like

@UKresistance Got it. Thanks!

it’s used by all 3 you just need what was missing. Bonus Gold!

1 Like

Game question, what do I do with gems now that I have both Dragon and Celestial armor? Also I need 800 diamonds for The Dragon Soul and have no idea how to get them. Any ideas? Thanks.