My review of soulforge so far

The addition of being able to craft trait stones you are missing has 

probably been the most useful in the soul forge for me.
Everything else seems way overpriced to craft and by adding a
new resource (soul forge diamonds) and very little ways to accumulate the necessary 4000!!!
SF diamonds to craft anything is absurd. Getting only 5 diamonds per
dungeon and only 3 runs a day makes crafting troops in SF very inefficient and a
waste of peoples time. You’re better off just spending diamonds on VIP chest and
rolling the dice on getting mythics at this point. It was a good attempt
so far but seems it wasn’t very well thought out before releasing it. I hope they make
necessary changes to make it useful for everyone.

Let me know your thoughts on the soul forge!

Your whole post is on a single scrolling line, making it difficult to read. I can make a blind guess that you posted it as preformatted text somehow, but I dunno.

I also tried to read it but gave up.

2 Likes

Matey said:

The addition of being able to craft trait stones you are missing has probably been the most useful in the soul forge for me. Everything else seems way overpriced to craft and by adding a new resource (soul forge diamonds) and very little ways to accumulate the necessary 4000!!! SF diamonds to craft anything is absurd. Getting only 5 diamonds per dungeon and only 3 runs a day makes crafting troops in SF very inefficient and a waste of peoples time. You’re better off just spending diamonds on VIP chest and rolling the dice on getting mythics at this point. I think celestial stones need to be added to crafting system as well for it to be useful at all. It was a good attempt so far but seems it wasn’t very well thought out before releasing it. I hope they make necessary changes to make it useful for everyone.

1 Like

I spent 22,000 gems on vip chests chasing infernus and euryali and yasmine’s chosen. I got both apart euryali. Crafting would have been far cheaper.

5 Likes

The good thing about opinions is everyone has one. I just crafted famine by doing a couple fights a day. I have been opening gem chests for almost two years and no famine. I would say that’s far from a waste of time. Even if you literally craft two troops a year, that’s still two troops more than you had.

6 Likes

The soul forge comes in very handy if you are a completionist and your down to a few legendaries to mythic. Especially if they are imps that you need. I’ve went several months without finding a mythic so waiting a couple months to get what you really want is kinda nice.

1 Like

I disagree in many points, it’s not even remotely accurate to think that getting lucky in vip chests can beat the Soul Forge options. Even with tons of resources (gems) being spent in VIP chests you would hardly get all the available Mythics, or the ones you want anyway…

The devs introduced this new currency and this “time restriction” to gather the required amount of diamonds as a measure of justice i believe. If the Soul Forge would simply require Gems to craft cards, then the Methuselahs players (:stuck_out_tongue:) would be able to craft everything since have accumulated those said gems. Instead, even players with a huge stack of gems can only get a little ahead of time and craft a second mythic while the rest of the players are still gathering diamonds daily. This also works as an incentive to keep people interested in the game.

Edit: You can craft Celestial Traitstones, it just require all the colored gems we can get on each day.

2 Likes

Sorry my post turned out like that. I’m not sure how to fix the formatting of it.

I suppose if you just need a few specific mythics then its a pretty good deal.
Still seems a little over costed but that is probably because the diamonds are
hard to grind at the moment.

Agreed but I certainly aren’t interested in mythicing imps!
Its just a kick in the knackers to vip players.

valid points. Thanks.

I agree 100%. I think people have lost all perspective to be honest. It feels like now players will just complain about anything as a means to try to get more free stuff, hand outs, compensation, etc.

Here’s the real deal: You’re getting free Mythics of your choice, guaranteed. You’re getting free Arcanes of your choice, guaranteed. You’re getting targeted troops (and improvements to that to come, apparently). And the trade off, for virtually all players, is nothing. It’s just more stuff for free for doing 3 relatively easy battles each day. Don’t do them, and you aren’t suffering at all relative to where you were before it existed. There’s literally no downside to the Soulforge. It’s free stuff you weren’t getting before and actually improves on the biggest pain points most players experienced.

The only downside is that they nerfed tasks in the process. This was mostly b/c of the change to 4x speed and gold income rates. The only place it really hit was in the LTs and uncapped gems. That is (1) an understandable trade off and frankly one that I welcome with open arms – I’d rather have guarantees of stuff in a predictable timeline than a chance of stuff and mostly garbage I don’t want – and (b) something that affects only a very small sliver of players. And, even then, it’s not clear that the thin sliver is really suffering much. It honestly comes down to how lucky you were before but, on average, I think it’s a toss up in terms of whether or not they’re worse off than before when it comes to the Mythic hunt.

15 Likes

It seems that most people’s problem with Soulforge is “My god, it’s going to take forever to get the mythic I want!” So what? No one is entitled to have everything instantaneously. Other than that, I agree with everything @Delinquent said above.

3 Likes

I do really like the Soulforge. I see a lot of potential in it, only cons is that there is no way of crafting lower rarity troops under Legendary. But that might come in the future. I hope the Devs will add new weapons on a regular basis for us to craft. #makeherogreatagain

1 Like

I’m fine with Soulforge/Dungeon. Once we get a bit more in an update or two as promised with targeting specific other basic troops we should be all set.

My personal small nit-picky thing is padding Mini Games with both. Soulforge is not a mini game anymore than Mail, Guild Tasks, or Troop Ascension is a mini game.

1 Like

I think they just needed to put the button somewhere, so in it went with Mini Games. I mean, it’s funny when you step back from the game and really look at the UI. It’s sooo cluttered. I’d rather have it in that menu where it doesn’t really fit than another separate button.

My only complaint really is that the Dungeons are lame. The only good thing about them is that I can do them very quickly and use TDS to get souls in the process.

1 Like

I like it for making runic traitstones

I dislike it for making celestial traitstones because instead of using existing components - Dev created yet another type of gem (jewels) with only way to get them is dungeon or making them with materials that are limited (shards and jewels) - and to get anywhere in less than 30 weeks you need to buy.

1 Like

Since people in my guild are still discovering this, I should ask: you know you can buy a pack of crafting materials each day for 50 gems, right?

It’s kind of amazing how well the developers hid something that most mid- and end-game players would be interested in purchasing.

1 Like

It seems that Soulforge is great to obtain these Mythic troops (I said in another thread 8 weeks is enough for one Mythic if you take only the Sunday 50 gems pack).

My 2 complains are:

• all Mythic should be available every weeks: the only advantage to buy the dollar pack, it’s to go faster to obtain a Mythic. But if you cannot buy it, these players have to wait whereas they have paid… And yeah, I repeat myself :stuck_out_tongue:
  • the soul price of the Mythic weapon is too high… It seems to have been chosen according to high level player soul stock… 500k should be more than enough.
1 Like

Dawnbringer doesn’t looks like a “MUST HAVE”, it’s a nice little trinket paired with some classes that seems overpowered in Arena…

A bit off-topic: Hopefully the next tri-colored mythic weapon could be designed by us, players, when @Saltypatra sorts out the Design a Troop project to go live.