#vipvictim (poll?)

I’ve said this elsewhere but here’s my POV:

I think it’s been way overblown by a few vocal players and I think it’s both disingenuous and poisonous to the community. Fundamentally, the 4x speed increase and Crafting puts virtually everyone in a better place than they were before. The raw math for anyone not completing LTs vs 4x speed is undeniable and the trade off of LTs vs Crafting is debatable but probably a net gain. The only people who might be in a worse place are those that we’re getting tons of LTs, and I think those people can see how crazy it was and why it needed to be toned down. I think they are still in a very good place though it’s not “stupid amazing” like it was before. And it honestly affects something like, what, maybe 200-300 people tops? And what’s the real, substantive impact on those few people? You might miss 1-2 mythics over the course of a year and otherwise collect everything in the game?

Additionally, I think calling yourself a “#vipvictim” is absurdly entitled and I find it extremely distasteful. You paid with no legitimate expectation that reward structures in a different system would change. You paid to get rewards from the VIP tiers, and those have not changed. You are entitled to nothing more than that, period. It seems to me like it’s pure opportunism and folks are just trying to turn a non-issue into an excuse for a hand out that isn’t justified. I think it’s very clear that the changes are being interpreted in the worst possible light and without any attempt to be reasonable.

Fundamentally though, they made a business decision and are sticking to it. We can either choose to accept it and move on, continuing to support the game we love, or not. If not, you should move along. I do not think you will find a better value elsewhere, but if you find this change that distasteful then it’s up to you. But I’d strongly prefer those few people stop harping on it for months on end b/c I think it does no good. It’s not only not productive but I think it creates a generally negative atmosphere for the majority when few if any people are actually suffering and there are certainly no “victims”. People whining incessantly about a few gems is a huge turn off in what has been a very good and fair game.

Lastly, I think this non-issue distracts from the real issue at hand. The game is suffering not b/c of this change. I’d strongly prefer we focus on the issues that are making the game a miserable, frustrating grind, and this has nothing to do with that.

At the end of the day, I just want my old fun game back and who cares if I miss a couple of mythics along the way.

Edit: FWIW, here was my prior post, which I think got more Likes than anything I’ve ever posted, and is much more concise: My review of soulforge so far - #12 by Delinquent

2 Likes