My review of soulforge so far

I agree 100%. I think people have lost all perspective to be honest. It feels like now players will just complain about anything as a means to try to get more free stuff, hand outs, compensation, etc.

Here’s the real deal: You’re getting free Mythics of your choice, guaranteed. You’re getting free Arcanes of your choice, guaranteed. You’re getting targeted troops (and improvements to that to come, apparently). And the trade off, for virtually all players, is nothing. It’s just more stuff for free for doing 3 relatively easy battles each day. Don’t do them, and you aren’t suffering at all relative to where you were before it existed. There’s literally no downside to the Soulforge. It’s free stuff you weren’t getting before and actually improves on the biggest pain points most players experienced.

The only downside is that they nerfed tasks in the process. This was mostly b/c of the change to 4x speed and gold income rates. The only place it really hit was in the LTs and uncapped gems. That is (1) an understandable trade off and frankly one that I welcome with open arms – I’d rather have guarantees of stuff in a predictable timeline than a chance of stuff and mostly garbage I don’t want – and (b) something that affects only a very small sliver of players. And, even then, it’s not clear that the thin sliver is really suffering much. It honestly comes down to how lucky you were before but, on average, I think it’s a toss up in terms of whether or not they’re worse off than before when it comes to the Mythic hunt.

15 Likes