My Goal this Gnome Hunt Weekend: 10,000 Battles!

Is it even possible? Can I do it? I usually push myself pretty hard and manage 7,000+ explores on a gnome hunting weekend but I have nothing else planned next few days and am going to try for 10,000!!! :crazy_face: Hopefully Iā€™ll get about 80 precious Vault Keys.

Team Iā€™m going to use:

Forest Guardian
Sunbird
Firebomb
Firebomb

Iā€™ve got all my nibblies and redbull ready to go, Wish me luck! :smiley:

9 Likes

Iā€™m actually going to slip the new troop in my team, that way I get extra gold while getting Gnomes.

Also, out of curiosity, how do you count your battles to know how many you do? Assuming youā€™re at 1,500 seals, you canā€™t keep track that way, so how do you do it?

I thought long and hard about this exact point and in the end decided I can get gold anytime but gnomes come but once a month! Putting the gerbil on the team will reduce slightly the number of games per hour you can do. Even if only by 10% that means 10% less vault keys/gems/event keys etc.

You can see the # of wins with each class under the hero tab. Iā€™ll just take note of how many Mechanist (my current class for raid) wins I have before and after.

5 Likes

Good luck! You will need lot of coffee to achieve that

So i presume if someone trigger a pet event, you wonā€™t do it?

Good idea. I didnā€™t think of that. Might do it myself. Just donā€™t forget to minus any Dungeon battles or the like (where you canā€™t get Gnomes) for a more accurate number

I didnā€™t think of that. Great question. What you going to do @Fleg?

Thatā€™s a very good question I hadnā€™t thought of! Doing a pet event every hour will reduce my games by roughly 10% or more. Maybe Iā€™ll just do the GW pet events. :wink:

I didnā€™t think of that for my own play time. I think Iā€™ll only go after the pets I donā€™t have and the ones I really like. But @Fleg brought up the point about ā€œgetting gold anytimeā€ in replying to my other comment. Almost the same thong could be said with pets. So, I think Iā€™ll just go with ones I donā€™t have.

Good luck on the quest. :smiley_cat:

7 Likes

Iā€™m breaking out some Venom instead (itā€™s my favorite energy drink). As for snacks. Iā€™ll have to see what i can do. Any ideas? Haha.

Lol, I trained my wife to farm pets while I was sleeping. Maybe vault gnomes too lol

1 Like

Has to be something you can quickly grab in the 3 seconds it takes for a game to load. Also you want to avoid anything that will stick to your fingers and get all over your controller/keyboard. :rofl:

Iā€™m going with simple jelly beans and chocolate bullets.

1 Like

8 Likes

good luck. pace yourself, so you donā€™t wipe out early. hold back on the caffeine as long as you can.

Made me think of this video which we just shared in the office. Good luck @Fleg this will be you !

Boop boop boop

I donā€™t understand this

4 Likes
4 Likes

What is the HP on Sunbird?

Is that team really faster than

Sunbird
Rowane
Firebomb
Firebomb
Or
Sunbird
Ogryn
Forest Guardian
Fire Bomb

?

And so it beginsā€¦

Imo the team I posted is the fastest for explore, but not by much. The reasons for this are:

1. The quickest match you can possibly have is 1 cast firebomb + 1 cast sunbird. So my team with forest guardian makes this happen as often as possible.

2. In explore quite often an enemy will spawn on death so a 2nd firebomb can take care of that quickly.

3. Sometimes you get trolled with a high hp team and it takes 2 firebombs + sunbird to kill them. Ogryn boost just isnā€™t enough sometimes.

Like I said the difference isnā€™t much but if you do some testing you will see a few more games per hour with my team. So the games go like this:

Cast firebomb (donā€™t even bother with any 4 matches first)
Cast 2nd firebomb ONLY if necessary (either high hp enemy or sunbird not full)
Cast sunbird

Okay, I will try it today to see.

How much HP does your Sunbird have? Mine has 69

In the team I posted and after the game loads and with this weeks buff I have 83 life.

1 Like