My feedback after third week of Events

What do you classify as mid-game players?

I’d classify a mid-game player to be lvl 400-700 for me personally. I am a mid-game player.

A new players perspective would be nice but alas it’s usually mid-end players here on the forums that are most vocal.

1 Like

Hmm… I’d say mid-game are players that are right around the point of getting all Kingdoms to level 10 and aren’t in a Top 20 guild.

Aight, I’m an early-game player - level 155, probably have about half my kingdoms to 10. My take on the events? For the most part, they’re icing at worst. I’m going to play PVP for my guild. I might explore for trait stones after I hit tier 1 or something, or keep playing PVP to level my kingdoms. I haven’t played treasure maps hardly at all since a week or so into playing, but this week’s event gave me an excuse to dig into it. (And I almost like the maps event - there’s no real “hard” limit on how many turns, so you can get a lot more than 4 stones like in pvp/explore.)

As far as the rewards go, the only thing I care about is hitting the level to get the troops, mainly because it’s a guaranteed troop - I know what I’m getting and how many of them. The resources are nice, but you get those just playing the game or being in a guild. 3x an epic troop? That’s worth shooting for as a lower-level player.

3 Likes

Yeah those extra troops are awesome. I’m lvl 600 and I have needed every extra troop given so far lol.

I like how they put those in the middle of the pack in rewards. That way you kind of gotta work for them, but not too much.

I played on pc only a few months before guild tasks got restricted, so I barely got to enjoy rampant guild rewards. Thus I still need a lot of stuff.

1 Like

I wonder if shifting the troops to the end of the pack would be enough to get the earlier game players playing more? I assumed the events mainly appealed to people that were <150.

1 Like

i think that would be pushing ittoo much into a chore

Then I fit mid

I have 12 kingdoms at 10
The rest are at 6
I have all kingdoms with 2 stars or greater (only 1 at 4)
I am 452 in level
I have 289 in unique troops
And I am in a guild that is 140ish.

mm I see what you’re getting at, but on the weeks where 1,000 stones are the max, that might be a little steep?

It really depends since a lot of these events are centered around pvp, and a lot of players are afraid to pvp too much due to lack of troops. Or are just not that savvy in working with what they have. Or just don’t like pvp all that much to begin with. 500 probably wouldn’t be too much to ask though eh?

Ugh - if they put them at the end of the pack I wouldn’t even bother. As it is, I have to find ways to make enough game time to just get to the halfway point. Like @HKdirewolf said - in the middle of the pack, you have to push a fair amount, but it’s not out of reach.

3 Likes

Also not to mention these troops are nice to get, but they’re definitely not “meta” troops. So middle of the pack seems fair to me. It’s just a big help to early game players to star up kingdoms easier. imo

Speaking of which, I need 6 more Marid to hit mythic. Those 3 this week will help make that a little bit easier. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Oh no, i’m the one sorry for not being worth to discuss the topic as you, and others are the sole voice of truth for this game. :+1:

They are not optional! Stop that right there criminal scum! :wink:

1 Like

Level 750 player here. I don’t play anything else than explore mode. I’m loving these events for multiple reasons:

• The weekly boosts encourage me to farm with something different each week.
  • The snotstone events provide me with small, easy rewards and free epic troops. I’m in bad need of those for ascensions.
  • It makes explore battles more challenging, if a boosted troop enters the battle.

However, I usually don’t go farther than the epic troop, because I don’t want to play that much. I prefer to play together with friends.

4 Likes

[quote=“CSZ, post:54, topic:17926”]
Level 750 player here. I don’t play anything else than explore mode. I’m loving these events for multiple reasons:

The weekly boosts encourage me to farm with something different each week.
The snotstone events provide me with small, easy rewards and free epic troops. I’m in bad need of those for ascensions.
It makes explore battles more challenging, if a boosted troop enters the battle.
However, I usually don’t go farther than the epic troop, because I don’t want to play that much. I prefer to play together with friends.
[/quote] Here, here! I agree in spirit with much of what has been expressed above.

I began the game last June, so I am a “new” player. I purchased the Death Knight armour right away and bought the maps & gem subscriptions regularly, so I got VIP bonuses to experience and advanced quickly. I am now 3 levels away from 666 (guess I’ll have to play Treasure Hunt forever after to stay at that level, lol). All my kingdoms are at level 10, and I have many at 5-stars or above in power.

For troop-centered events, I set my defense teams at whatever might challenge & assist the community (all mosters, all daemons, etc.) just for the heck of it, not expecting to be rewarded. Because this is a diversion for me, a game if you will, I like changing up my troops for Explore to try to get the event rewards. However, I am in a casual guild, one filled with people who have family members in the guild, and who have jobs and the like from which to unwind. So, it’s not my job to do a certain amount of PvP. For those in a fiercely competitive guild, however, the events may not be rewarding enough to take time away from the PvP grind: I get that.

I am fortunate to be able to enjoy the game as a diversion, so the events give me something to which I can look forward (that, and I despise PvP). I have stopped at the troops, or just before if they were already at mythic, but I chose to do so. So, this is my 2-cents as a mid-game player.

5 Likes

If my opinion would be valid, at all, i would say that you touched a soft point that is related to the competitivity of the game. PVP is easy.
In general you are always against people in the same power-level range, with maybe some advantage for one side or the other, the fact that you can keep playing it always shufling your options of teams to face with no downside in resources (facing someone weaker in order to get new options after) makes it even easier. We consider it a good thing with no downside, it keeps the experience more casual even when you play ranked, also your defensive losses are meaningless and somehow it is even better to keep losing for revenges later and finally if there is no overpowered troops in the meta, assuming that all troops are at some sort of acceptable balance we don’t have a decent challenge…

So the closest challenge people face is completing their collections, and for that they think they need to race all possible avenues that have premium currencies as rewards in order to have at least some better chance at the RNG…

And thinking that as soon as they get everything they will magically have some fulfillment, not being “self-pressured” into chasing every new “content X” with a more shallow experience because mostly everything that is obtained, if it’s not “content X”, is not needed/desired anymore…

1 Like

Yeah you’re right, and I just don’t agree with that way of thinking. It just further increases burnout.

But for a lot of people that is the game.

Either way your opinion is always most welcome.

Some people here think any event/mode/etc brought into the game should guarantee max rewards. If that was the goal for the devs, why even bring in events to begin with? They would just up the amount of rewards you get from guild tasks again. The idea is to spread out rewards to different areas so that you have to EARN them, not just be given them.

So the “give me these rewards in an hour or less”, don’t play here. No pun intended.

4 Likes

I jumped on my wife’s account and as a mid game players we both liked it. We don’t finish the events due to lack of time.

My youngest son hates the events. He is early game player. Has only completed 3 story quest lines so Explore mode is very limited for him. All his snotstones come from pvp

[quote=“Ivar, post:52, topic:17926, full:true”]Oh no, i’m the one sorry for not being worth to discuss the topic as you, and others are the sole voice of truth for this game. :+1:
[/quote]

Good Lord, where the hell did you come up with that? Nobody said anything about whether or not you were worthy…

Nobody is asking for instant fulfillment. The CHASE is what makes the game interesting. The problem is that for many end-gamers, there’s nothing left to chase.