My feedback after third week of Events

See this is what I’m talking about. They put out an Event that people have been asking for FOREVER - gimme a good reason to use a bunch of maps.

And already people are saying “no thanks, not worth it”. The solution is simple - make it worth it!

1 Like

i never really asked much to make treasure hunt event :stuck_out_tongue: only thing i need from treasure hunt is to be taking less time per a game.

anyway the way this event system is shuffling is fine on its own, - it echances various gameplay types so gives more reason to have fun with this or that

my main problem about this even system is that i expected/hoped its main purpose will not be enhancing the general gow gameplay but enhancing pvp enemy variety, and week by week it proves to enhance even less in that area downgraded down to zero for this week.

so in the end im back to square one needing/requesting yet another feature/system that would enhance variety/fun within the pvp.

within that one aspect i feel like the event system failed

1 Like

Again I feel like people are missing the point of having events be optional. The rewards can’t be so great that you feel you HAVE to do them, nor can they be too low that no one does them. I feel they’ve already accomplished that. They just gotta nail down how many stones it takes and make it better for defense teams.

If the rewards don’t motivate you in particular to take part in the events, cool move along.

10 Likes

It’s enhancing PVP for me - I’m doing events instead of PVP. LOL

I just hope my guild mates will continue to understand why my donations went from $2M a week down to just over the $1M a week I’m donating now.

My point is that it seems they’re really not motivating ANYONE. If everyone just moves along, why even have them?

Not motivating anyone huh? Seems to me everywhere I look people are doing the events.

You yourself said you’ve done the events every week, no motivation I see.

Part of your problem I can see is you think everything they release within the game is for you and thus should be altered to suit you. This is not the case.

1 Like

Doing them, or completing them?

People are doing just as much as they need to do with minimal effort and then stopping. That’s simply a “low hanging fruit” resource grab.

1 Like

the thing is im doing pvp either way, regardless to the event. same with explore.
i dont mind low reward pool.

its just that when by a chance the event was more pvp oriented i actually had more fun doing what i use to do. so its not the rewards but a specific directions that help sometimes. but its still not enough a longer shot i can already see ppl will stop setting defense depending on the event coz it just gives NO reward to do that, if there was a small motivation it would bring that extra fun i feel is missing now

1 Like

Which is exactly what they’re supposed to be.

If you want to complete them then you have to work toward it and earn the rewards. Otherwise pass them up. It’s optional for a reason my dude.

It’s not give me all the rewards for doing nothing. Release a new mode or event? Give me rewards for that without much effort. nom nom nom.

That’s not at all the case. I course I can only draw on my own experience. I used to think my experience was different than a lot of the end-gamers that were here when I first started. Now I’m simply admitting that I was wrong and they were right.

So this is much more about the consensus of end-game players than it is about little old me.

You’re looking at it from our perspective, not from the developers. If people aren’t going to spend a legitimate amount of time on a game mode, why have that game mode at all?

The course of action they’ve taken over the past 6 months suggests they’d like to diversify the game. If they’re not, you don’t think they’d want to know that?

There you go. Your post is the verbatim answer to the question “what’s the real point of events?”

if they really want to motivate ppl to do treasure hunt they should have given seals per every 30 moves not just per a game of 30+ moves. i hate the idea to try my best to do a perfect game (coz why do it half hearted?) and then be given with super lame seals outcome for the time spent. i cant afford that.

1 Like

But they are. You must be asleep. People ARE in fact spending time in the events. I’m sure they already have really good data and numbers from it. Obviously we wanted the events to help with defense teams, but this still serves as another good part of the game.

The question is how much time should be spent doing events to get the max rewards. If you choose to do the events sometimes that’s going to take time from pvp. It’s free. You lose nothing, and you only gain. It’s up to you how much time is spent.

You lose time spent doing PVP. I think we’re talking right past each other.

And while in theory and structure, the game is free, that doesn’t apply to me. I’ve spent over $150 on this game…

That’s by design. If you enjoy pvp obviously you are more likely not to do the events unless they are pvp specific. If you lose time in pvp that’s by choice. lol

Again it’s not wrap this game up to suit me only. It’s not a give me all the rewards very quickly, I have shit to do mentality.

I promise i’m not seeking out your posts purposefully to disagree with you, but jesus man all your posts lately have been “nerf everything I disagree with in pvp” or “the events are too hard or take too much time, just give me the rewards.” They should just give you everything in the mail. Whatever he asks for devs, deliver it to his mailbox please.

Except I’m not talking about me. I’m talking about all of the end-games that said this EXACT SAME THING 6 months and 12 months ago. When I was on your side arguing against them. I’m also thinking about those starting the game now and preventing them from the inevitable march to this end-game state.

It’s not about me at all. It’s about the longevity of the game. Many of the end-gamers I used to argue with have already given up. What’s the community going to look like if this game becomes a “churn and burn”?

The game is easy. End of story.

We are just lacking content. The events were a step in the right direction, not perfect but I think we’ll get there. They obviously need to add incentive to defense team changes. More game modes, mini-games, quest-lines, all of that.

Oh yeah and they can fix whatever broken troops Jainus and you come up with.

For new players there are clear paths to victory and how to do things to level 1,000. It’s after that, that isn’t so clear. There’s no content. That’s why the burn comes in. It’s endless amounts of doing the same thing.

4 Likes

We don’t disagree at all there. :+1:

I really wish we could get a bunch of early/mid-game players in this convo. I suspect their perspective on events is quite different. I’d love to know either way though.

1 Like