My Fair Lady

How are Event chests “for free?” If anything, the troop being available for Glory would make it “for free” as a guaranteed drop from the specified reward pack.

For players currently catching up, they would need to wait half a year for Forest of Thorns to come back as the event kingdom; then they’ll have the same chance to pull this Legendary as those of us poised to do so now. That’s okay, though, because between now and then, other kingdoms for which the 1%ers have already Mythic’d the Legendary will come into rotation, and players playing catchup can get those Legendaries for Gems (Event keys).

If anything, the new plan (if you want to call it “new” considering it’s been effectively the case since April) evens things out a bit.

Honestly I can see both sides of it. I decided a long time ago just to enjoy it, spend $$$ on the stuff I like, and forget about the rest.

I still don’t have a single mythic and I’m missing several legendary cards despite reaching level 500 over the weekend. I’d love to have Moloch so I could finish leveling Whitehelm but I figure it just gives me a reason to keep playing.

3 Likes

I often wonder how much collaboration is done between the two development teams.

Then I remember no developer from either side plays the Console version, so collaboration would be moot.

The Console Devs say there is a plan to catch up, but the PC Devs either don’t know that’s the plan or they simply don’t care.

I wish I played on the PC version and didn’t waste all this time on the Console version.

1 Like

I am in the same boat. I see so many people getting mythics in chat and I’m like, “Mythics? What are those?”

1 Like

Again, it will be added to the other chests in September. See above. Just pointing out because this error is very misleading for the other readers. :slight_smile:

Same. I’ve played on console since the game came out, but it only took me 3 weeks to go beyond where I am on console, on PC. If I wasn’t so loyal to my guild on console, I’d play only PC full time. Not to mention in less chests I have better troops on PC than console. It’s bananas.

Yes, I saw that. I was addressing the concern that only those with Gems in the release week would have a targeted shot at the new Legendary, not those with Glory.

1 Like

I’m surprised at this. I didn’t think anyone would think that an average 1250 gems randomly maybe more or less would be an okay price tag a legendary rather than 500 glory guaranteed.

Hunting it down I understand, but the situation is becoming untenable. I’m in a guild that gets around 1000 gems and 1200 keys per week. Not the best, but not bad by any means. Each new legendary added decreases the chances of getting any specific legendary from random keys to the point where you might as well get used to not having it if you don’t get it during the event week. Maybe for months, maybe until the next time the event rolls around, which given the growing number of kingdoms (and the fact this kingdom will hit 11 troops with this) may not be for a long, long time.

With so much resources committed to the events, nothing is left for mythics. And a big issue is no reasonable amount of money spent will change that, and there is no amount of time commitment I could give to the game to change that either without quitting my guild. Basically, this little change made it so I’ve essentially peaked and now going in reverse, potentially moving farther away from a full collection each week, with no way for me to affect any sort of significant change other than “wait for the RNG”.

2 Likes

I never said anything about glory packs? I think glory packs would be nice to have every so often as basically a thank you to players. They certainly are nice to have but I don’t expect them to be released all the time or anything. We shouldn’t expect them but be given them when devs feel super thankful

Event chests are not free. That’s not what I’m trying to say. Players who get an insane amount of resource from their guild are getting it for free because they get so many resources for free that they don’t have to spend a dime to get what they want to. Whereas another player who isn’t lucky enough to get in a great guild will have to spend hundreds of dollars to get what that person in a great guild gets for free.

People in great guilds shouldn’t get as much as they do, and people in not so great guilds shouldn’t get as little as they do. Should be somewhere in the middle.

Middle meaning they want you to and encourage you to spend money on things, like a sub as Mithran described (if they were to add that), while giving you enough to keep you satisfied and enjoying the game.

In other words, there should be more ways to spend money other than buy gems and gamble on getting something you want OR join a top 10 guild and get everything you want to.

These new systems in place (one week time frame) is great for those people who are either (a) in a great guild or (b) willing to spend a LOT of money. Why is there no middle spot?

1 Like

@Mekkalyn

Getting into a top Guild has absolutely no factor on luck.

Also, nobody gets anything for free in a top Guild. You don’t pull your weight, you get replaced.

3 Likes

I think it’s safe to say that, especially given how much easier it is to get Glory now than it used to be (once upon a time, Glory used to be exclusive to daily PvP rewards!), 500 Glory for a Legendary means everyone would instantly have it (and most people would have the 3,000 Glory available to make it immediately Mythic). In comparison, you can buy one Legendary per week for $50 (granted the Traitstones make up a substantial chunk of that investment). I feel they underpriced the Legendary Glory packs in the past.

2 Likes

I know, but as we post more and more, it could confuse the new readers.
Personally i’ll try to get the dragon in the event chests, and if i don’t get him it will be just like a new missing legend to eventually get on random Glory Chests from guild tasks.

• If you are already in a good guild getting some fair amount of gems/keys, then, at some point you will get it.

• If you are still catching up there are, probably, some more important legendaries to obtain, so one extra to the pile would hardly be an issue.

Yes but the time it takes to pull your own weight is not worth hundreds of dollars now is it??

And while it doesn’t make you any luckier, it gives you a LOT of free chances. Free as in doesn’t cost you any money.

Time is free also people tend to have lots of it.

I’m not quite sure I follow. Are you saying that the lower-ranked guild’s player will not have enough Gems to afford the RNG needed for the Legendary at event week? If so, they have the same two options they’ve always had, with respect to Event troops released for Glory (and new kingdom Legendaries, which have always been behind the “Gem wall”): they can try their luck with Gem chests (a poor investment when you are targeting one specific Legendary), or they can wait until the kingdom’s event shows up again, pooling Gems in the meantime. That’s nothing new to the game, really.

2 Likes

Yeah I started on console and moved to mobile after a couple of weeks. Eventually stopped playing console altogether.

1 Like

I wonder if all this discussion about guild rewards is moot anyway. I’d be willing to bet 2.1 dramatically changes things.

1 Like

I’ve placed my bet already. :imp:

3 Likes

I am saying that you can do just as much work as a single person in a top ten guild, except not be in a top ten guild and you will get only a fraction of what they do. They can afford the RNG and you cannot, even if you play just as much.

There is a problem with that. There should be more of a middle ground. No one should be able to get away with playing completely free while getting the best of the best with relative ease while others have to spend hundreds of dollars to get the same resources, even if they put in the same time.

Game rewards shouldn’t be 100% reliant on guilds. You have a great one? Fantastic you can get so many chances that would otherwise cost you a lot of money. If you don’t? Well, sorry that’s just how it goes.

Rewards should be put more into the players hand rather than a guild.

3 Likes

It does certainly feel like work lately.

You spend hours grinding PvP against the same 4 teams (because Troops aren’t balanced), the same Challenges/Explore for Traitstones (because balancing them is…?), and if you are a Console player, you get mindless Tasks, fall further behind every week Troop-wise and get broken and unbalanced Troops.

Just so you all know, Arcane Lights and Stealths got skipped again in favor of Traitstones for the most broken and unbalanced Troops yet again.