[More info needed] Pvp teams are disappearing between fights now?

My pvp team disappeared after 10 fights …had to rebuild., will this ever be fixed?

2 Likes

If you have an Immortal on your team who doesn’t meet that region’s weekly restriction it’s “working as intended” - everytime the game reloads/reconnects or someone gets you as a PvP match it’s gonna blank. Company line would prolly be “that’s what team slots are for” and to be fair it’s a valid point. Still frustrating.

2 Likes

If you have an Immortal on your team who does not fit the region restrictions, then no one can get you as an opponent.

But yesterday I left PvP to collect tribute, and when I returned to PvP I saw that my team was already empty. Yes, the Immortal did not fit the region’s restrictions.

2 Likes
  1. Release p2w immortal troop
  2. The team with him is not saved after battles
  3. Don’t fix the bug for months
3 Likes

Been a thing. No money in fixing it so they dont

1 Like

There’s nothing to fix

Oh really??? How so? Is the game losing your team if you have an immortal in and go off the pvp screen making you have to rest the team a feature now?

Oh read more. I just figured it was a bug. The fact its “working as intended” shows just how little these devs know about the game

1 Like

This is definitely a bug, I’ll move this to the bug report section.

There was a bug involving Immortal Troops on teams and jumping between quick battles and citadel wars and different regions etc which was fixed. So either this is that bug, crept back in somehow, or with more specific repro steps or a different bug with the same result.

For the OP and anyone else who is noticing this AFTER installing game version 8.1, can you please provide more details?

• Are you noticing this in Quick battles only? Or were Citadel Wars involved in the mix? - if so how were they involved?
  • What was the last thing you did before the team became empty?
  • Which region were you playing in?
  • Was a Blood Frenzy active?
  • Were you playing during Daily or weekly reset? (7am GMT)
  • Which platform are you on?

Basically, any additional info you can provide is helpful.

2 Likes

Plenty on info on the questions being asked are already available in the many threads about this, some of which have been labelled as “Not a Bug” by some mod :person_shrugging:

It happens consistently after the hourly server ping (maybe other pings might trigger it too), in regions where the Immortal is native to, but does not match the weekly restrictions.

:vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

we have to choose immortal, and we have to have at least one even despite the restrictions. Otherwise what’s the point. But the team is reset by restrictions? maybe somehow allow poor immortals stay in their home regions

but since I see teams with immortals in defense all the time, maybe the teams are reset only for the attacker, but they are saved until you enter the region again. and Ta-daa - the team is empty

Simply backing out to the map and going back into PvP will clear the team with the immortal on it.

It’s a bug that using a troop who doesn’t meet a region’s restrictions causes the team slot to get blanked when it reconnects? I’m def cool with y’all treating it as such but you realize that’s a flip flop from the original “working as intended” right?

Yeah, sorry about that. I’ve mentioned that it is a bug to the rest of the CX team to make sure everyone has the info and I’m collecting info to add to the old bug report as it seems it’s the same/very similar bug for some reason :thinking:

3 Likes

Ok so then once “fixed” we’ll be able to hold troops in our teams that don’t meet restrictions? We can play with the Immortals in their home regions fine. I just dunno if CX is gonna agree it’s a bug. Now a complete overhaul where we’re allowed to swap team slots within the regions a la Explore? That’d be awesome!!!

That specific bug, with teams containing an immortal disappearing after leaving PvP / collecting tribute, has never been fixed - it’s been in the game ever since immortals became a thing. Maybe there was indeed some other bug involving moving between citadel and quick battles - but I never needed to touch citadel battles to have the team disappear on me. The only team containing an immortal that doesn’t clear for me is the one with Immortal Glaycia if the regional restriction is Fey - because she’s Fey. With any other pair of immortal+its region - the team gets cleared after leaving PvP map to the main map OR after collecting hourly tribute while still on the PvP map.

2 Likes

Can confirm that collecting tributes will clear the team 100% of the time. Leaving PvP and coming back sometimes didn’t clear though. :thinking:

3 Likes

Additional info incoming.

In the last three week, ALL PvP teams disappeared from Monday to Tuesday, excepting the central one. Yes also from citadels. No I’m not using Immortals. Yes it’s very irritating.

It happens on three Android mobiles. OS versions: 13, 13 and 11.
Should I open a new thread?

So they blanked out from Sunday to Monday (weekly reset) and then did it again today?

No this sounds like the same issue.

1 Like

@Kafka - do you really still need more information?

Example, after reset go to PvP, go to Buff Battle at Ullor’s henge (Elf, Winter’s Reach). I’ve used the same team after reset on Monday, Tuesday and now Wednesday and it is deleted each day I come back to it.

My lineup includes Immortal Glaycia, who although not an Elf, is allowed as it in Winter’s Reach. It also includes a hero, who is elemental, not elf, but these restrictions don’t normally apply to the hero.