Missing Campaign Stars

Hey Kafka,

I ordered something for delivery. However, the store cannot deliver it on time. So I get this email 2x a week

Today, I received an email to say that it is ready for pick up.

I noticed your title is the “Customer Experienced Manager”. It might be a good idea for you to create a template like that. Your latest comment as a Manager is actually not acceptable. Nothing personal. Just do your job.

15 Likes

An actual solution would be to instead put substance and info in those replies. If that’s not happening there are only two explanations why: 1) you don’t want to or 2) you haven’t actually done anything, and thus there’s no new substance or info

I’m quite confident the actual reason why is #2. I don’t know if it’s because the staff is paying too much attention to other projects or if it’s because you’re outsourcing the work and there’s a delay in getting it fixed or what, but in the end the “why” doesn’t matter. The product is not what it used to be. It has jumped the shark. And that’s why we are leaving.

1 Like

Finally some clarity

Hey, in future we will respond at least once a week for larger issues like this to let you know it’s not forgotten about but if people complain that we are replying with no substance or info or complain we’re replying instead of fixing the issue we will stop doing that and only post when we have new information and next time we won’t revert on that stance.

So, basically, if we keep complaining about the lack (and it’s an euphemism) of communication, we’ll have less communication … what a strange community management …it’s childish …
(and btw, CM is a daily work, one reaction per week is not community management, it’s laziness).

18 Likes

I think i just read some parenting guide that said even kids shouldnt be raised like this. Making threats if they dont behave. And i think mass punishments arent tolerated in army either.

9 Likes

How to ruin a long-awaited info thread.
Sorry to say but this petty attitude it’s (good) part of reason why community is often upset.

19 Likes

A lot of the more vocal people here really need to chill.
Skip to the end of this rant for the TL;DR.

I do agree that communication has been a bit too sparse in my opinion and would deeply appreciate a weekly post on the more impacting issues ongoing with the game at the time.

I do not agree with threatening to hold back communication due to more vitriolic responses by the community as that would only worsen the situation and unfortunately is something to be expected in these types of communities, and community managers should have some tolerance for people venting, but only some.

On the other hand I completely agree that anyone complaining about lack of information/substance/replying instead of fixing bugs(seriously!?!) regarding a post by community managers can go take a walk.

If you’re one of those people and are reading this then keep reading:

Sometimes, you just have nothing new to communicate to the customer beside saying it’s ongoing (and yes at least that should be communicated).
When I’m a dev fixing bugs I do not provide a daily full technical breakdown of my ongoing work to the customer, I do that with my team lead.

Of course it depends on what type of work and the impacted service but a weekly status update to the customer?
Totally reasonable for a non critical bug like I would classify the GW defense score, missing stars or born of x trait.
For me that’s a high priority bug that should be prioritized over other minor issues but with the knowledge that it can take a while to even find the cause.

For those who might wonder what would then be a critical issue for me it would be something like the game not accessible, accounts losing progress, etc, and those would merit a very quick feedback once reported and daily updates however long the issues would remain ongoing.

Bug fixing is not a process that is solved incrementally over time. You can spend days just able to say where the bug isn’t coming from and then when finally manage to know what is causing it you can provide a fix in a couple of hours.

Again, that process is not something that is usually communicated with the customer, the details stay internal and the customer is just made aware that the investigation/fixing is still ongoing.

Only when there is a lack of regular communication and the community starts to get more vocal do we see posts that even bring more information than usual, like when the New World team had to explain their game was not client-authoritative (because they let those issues fester for a while) or the “Recent Game Issues” post from Nimhain here a few hours ago.

I’m going to end my rant now as I could keep going going for a while and will condense the whole post to this:

TL;DR

• More regular communication would be appreciated and help relations with the community
  • Threatening to stop communication due to some players being “impolite” (and you could use stronger words here for some cases) is not something that should be considered.
  • Players should realize that bug fixing is a complex process where sometimes there is simply nothing new to communicate and if we do get regular updates saying just that, that is FINE.
  • I can’t believe I still have to say this but it seems to always apply:
    No matter the situation, never harass or insult the devs or community managers. There is never a situation where that is justified.
13 Likes

That’s why quality tests must be done :wink:
I don’t think pretty good tests are done when we see what’s get out (a lot are so obvious bugs). It’s cheaper to avoid than to correct …

PS and i’m a former developer, I know this world

You know, I rarely comment on things like this, but I don’t know if I have seen such an egregious abuse of power from someone representing a game. And I have been through Destiny 1 and 2 where there were 10s of thousands of rude comments and complaints about their bad product and bugs.
Listen, I have always worked in customer service with the last 10 years running a restaurant, bar and kitchen. If you think for one minute I could walk up to a paying customer and say “If you send your steak back one more time because it isn’t cooked right next time I will instruct the kitchen to just burn it and we will still keep your money and you will never get to speak to your waiter again.”? I would lose my job the very next day.
If you saw what was discussed in Guilds constantly you would know it’s more about what is wrong these days than what strategy to use in the weekly event. 29 people in that guild need that 1 person to speak up for them and question why things don’t work the way they are supposed to.

17 Likes

This isn’t Twitter, @Kafka. You are (hopefully?!) getting paid to do a job by an employer that is selling a product/service to customers.

I own my own business currently. But prior to that, I spent 25 years as a customer service manager. I have to honestly say that this is THE most unprofessional public response to customers that I have ever seen, and I really thought that I had seen everything.

I actually regret popping into the forums and seeing this, because now I can’t unsee it.

Imagine if you purchased a car and when it was delivered it had no doors. And then you tried for a week to get some sort of fix for that? But you receive nothing but what amounts to “Hey! Something is going on with missing doors, and we are looking into it!” That would suck. But its bearable.

But then what if the next communication said something that amounts to “If you buy something from us, and don’t get it, don’t you DARE expect us to tell you why you didn’t get or when you will get it, or we will just ignore you!”

Just how likely are you to go back there for your next purchase? Maybe it is a generational thing. I don’t know. But thank you for giving me a crystal clear picture of the company culture. I commit to never spending another dime on GoW.

The funny thing is that I wasn’t very upset about the missing stars. Figured it would get sorted. Bugs happen and all. WTG!

25 Likes

@Nimhain , your company continues to let this :point_up_2: happen through totally avoidable communication shortcomings: can we please get a mod with the required softskills?
:pray: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

That was uncalled for!

I was being hopeful because of Nimhain’s post on recent issues- you completely smashed that hope with your “if you don’t stop complaining about the bugs we created and continue to complain while the bugs are piling up and no fixed are done, then we will just stop any communication”

It is not the players or community that cause all the bugs in the game - that is your company.
You release half-done content and use us as testers, and yes the bug reported are massive- what did you expect? We are the ones that have to find the bugs, because you don’t test properly.
You have offered little to no explanation for the massive bugs, so what reaction from us did you expect? You really really have tested our patience

All we ask for is a game, which is playable. We are happy to spend money when things are priced right and when the game is fun and not stealing our money and ressources.

Please remember that complaining costumers are customers that care and want to spend money in your “shop”, that is basic sales.
Please also acknowledge that whenever someone in a post is being personal many others are stepping up saying that is not the way.
Death threads should just be banned from this forum and in the game instantly. There is no excuse to do such an awful thing, no matter the frustration.

18 Likes

And all this time I was thinking app development was their core incompetency :laughing:

This isn’t just people being rude; its an open revolt to the mismanagement of your product. Quality and volume of content have been nose diving for over a year. It went from “visit the forum to fine tune teams” to “go there for basic event info” to “now essential to avoid crashing the game and literally losing money on scams”.

For the last few months customer service and support has followed the trend set by the inarguably declining product itself.

Its blindingly obvious less and less money is being put into the game. The rub? During all of this you’ve added one monetization scheme after another.

The response is as ‘unreasonable’ as the state of your product.

12 Likes

I mean, Salty did or said the same thing a couple of times, fwiw. Not saying I agree with it, but context can sometimes be important (i.e. in the past they have reverted their stance on it)?

1 Like

haha this is the BEST reply i have ever seen in my life on an official forum, from a staff.
Good work and keep it coming!
@Nimhain

1 Like

Another Week with missing stars. Another task remains open… i remember we had a "we will make sure it will not happen again… guess what: it happend again.
sigh

edit: might be just a (still) wrong counter

The counter is off and won’t get corrected, total stars work out fine.

4 Likes

This is a good place to drop this.

1 Like

Seriously? That’s not how the internet works. No matter what you post, there will always be someone who is unreasonable. You are setting us up for failure, just so you can wash your hands in innocence. I know it and you know it.

Having corporate overlords of my own, I’ve always felt some sympathy towards your company. Even after #Weavergate, but this victim blaming is a new low. You’ve proven beyond a shadow of a doubt how things will look going forward, so congratulations. Here’s another leaving player.

4 Likes