Mimic Battle always level 150?

I like a lot about the new game features, I’m happy to see an addition that is a bit outside of the box, different in kind from many of the other updates. That being said, the mimic fight not being based on explore level seems either like an intentional speed throttle or a complete oversight.

If I’m zipping through some exp 1, or 5, or even 9 for that matter, why, at the end of it, must I get a level 150 fight? Why can’t it just be proportionate to the fights that got me there? If it has to be higher for challenge or something (?) why can’t it just be 10 levels higher, or scale with the fight difficulty somehow?

IF the fight MUST be level 150, why on earth would the rewards not be proportionate to a level 150 boss battle? I mean, I love 2 gaard tokens instead of 1 as much as the next guy… :joy:
… but it seems like this could be tweaked a little bit.

7 Likes

Agree - either mimic battles should be cut down to lvl of explore and give rewards as x2/x5 multiplier of current difficulty
OR if it’s always equal to max unlocked exlpore level - it should always give rewards as x2/x5 of max unlocked diff
That could be more logical… :confused:
Farming diff1 explore isn’t a reason to have it work the way it works now, because someone farming diff1 explore will be getting very few Mythstones to begin with, and as such, wont see boos fight to often (like 1-2 per 20 full diff1 runs)

4 Likes

More like the mimic battle should appear only in d11-d12.

6 Likes

It is by design (also part of patch notes) and honestly, I don’t understand why people are making a big fuss of this.

Could that be designed differently (as suggested by OP)? Sure. But the devs decided this way and they control the design, at least to a large degree.

Do you lose anything with the current design? No. If you cannot handle L150 fights and/or want to do faster farming that cannot handle it, just retreat when you see a mimic / hoard mimic. You will still get your original rewards, and this will likely cost another 30 seconds. The appearance of mimics and hoard mimics are already rare enough that in the long term, you won’t even realize this.

3 Likes

It would slow down GaP is the main issue.

How frequently would you get a boss fight in GaP? You get how many myth stones in E1? 10? So every 10 full cycles (50 battles?) I don’t have the data for mimic show rate but let’s say 1/3 (which I think more than it is, so you get a mimic every 150 fights? That’s like 2-3 GaPs there. And again we are talking about 30 seconds delay.

Again, don’t get me wrong; I would also prefer not to have it, but I don’t think this will change anything.

1 Like

I don’t get your opening argument here. Basically anything in the game that is not a bug is by design. That doesn’t mean that it is a good design, or that players shouldn’t say that they would like it designed differently.

1 Like

Or maybe your point was that it was just unlikely devs will do anything about it?

My opening argument is the following: there are hundreds of things that can be improved in the game. For example, ability to open more keys at once, for example spinning gems and additional loading times, for example in game documentation and clarity on various things. Any of the above would be, IMHO, better improvement then removing / reducing mimic level for lower explores.

Dev resource is limited and if we keep complaining about everything, this will only make them harder to prioritize.

Also I said this is by design because it was literally highlighted as part of the initial patch notes so this was not even an oversight or something that the community found out.

1 Like

For sure it wouldn’t make my top 10 change list. Given that devs totally ignore this channel I don’t think there is harm in pointing out the oddity thoigh

2 Likes

This one is real simple: If you are forced to fight a lvl 12 battle, then you should get lvl 12 rewards.
Period.

4 Likes

You can definitely prevent it from happening. I personally don’t mind that much, but it’s an odd choice at best, and a deliberate way to slow players down at worst.

And that’s not even knowing if it will be bugged of not. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think this is associated with the decision that hoard mimic has a chance to drop a mythic card and they did not want to make this available for lower levels or low level farming. Otherwise you could do your regular GaP weekend and pretty much guaranteed to get a hoard mimic in the meanwhile.

Doesn’t seem that way. If anything, it favors new players level 1-100 and harms the level 100-1000 players that just want to open up Explore 12 without having to live at Explore 12 for the rest of their lives.

Now they’re half obligated not to go up in Explore until they get this mythic (unless they don’t know this is a thing).

Always level 150 seems kinda poorly thought out when rewards are scaled to the last earned Boss Chest. :person_shrugging: Why would interrupting the flow of gameplay be a good thing?

1 Like

Guaranteed it was easier to code it this way and why they did it like this.

So… to clarify, I shouldn’t bother to make suggestions, especially when they are pretty universally agreed with? :joy: Not sure I get your point there?
Is your point that this fix would basically be free, so it should be compared to the huge cost of server balancing to reduce load times? :joy:
Do I lose anything with the current design? Yes, the things that I mentioned… In my post… that you’re replying to…
Also, as I mentioned, retreating didn’t cause it to go away. So, that point is also incorrect (unless my experience was a fluke).

You don’t even disagree with me, and yet you’re trying to argue. This was a strange interaction.

Honestly, I’d be fine with that too.

1 Like

What do you mean? Do you mean that the mimic fight stays even if you retreat it? If that is the case, I think that IS a bug (at least per release notes again).

If you retreat in the team selection screen before the fight starts the mimic battle stays like a boss or chest would (I have tested this) It only disappears if you retreat after entering the battle fully in which case you get the rewards from the boss chest as normal (I have not lost or retreated a mimic battle to test but it was said this is how it works)

4 Likes

@Cronus @havok6669

Retreating doesn’t get rid of the fight

3 Likes