Major problem in the Tower of Doom

I think that would work well for the Leaderboard :+1:.

How would you handle the situations where a guild unlocks a reward stage, but then has a player leave, taking them back below the required total?

The best way is how it is now. If a player can leave and take points with them then that will open an even bigger can of worms. Like someones ALT coming to my guild and leaves 5 min before end of event taking his points with him and also screwing the other 29. This has happened to many in Guild Wars already. If you have a player join mid week they already have disadvantage because if they miss each stage reward they have no way of getting it so basically they are just playing for the stages that are left and LB. This whole thread is about something that someone thought was happening which was not happening. If anyone tells you otherwise its basically Fake News.

2 Likes

#makemixergreatagain?

1 Like

Does anyone of you had use all your alt’s accounts and tell all your sister’s guilds move up to do you a favor just get 1st place? Did you guys had done already? Is that why it pop up in your mind that thinking people would do that just for 500 Gems in reward? And the rest of the Sister’s guilds get nothing? Example why don’t anyone of you think what if you spent your gems to upgrade doom weapon +10 all those are over 70 sigils excluding Ravens. Then you can’t even use all your sigils on your main account. So you think you have time to play other accounts? To me it’s not worth to spend 2285 gems to get 500gems in reward but people spent gems to upgrade weapon +10 for reason. Then yeah they can have a lot of sigils and worth almost the entire guild member would spent their gems to get their weapon to+10 then you don’t need other accounts or sisters guild you still can win 1 st place with 30 people

I really do not know exactly what you are saying but some in game think they are Entitled to 1st place no matter what the event is or it’s reward. The Devs lower reward to 1 Gem it be same thing. Bragging rights I guess.

This thread is about people cheating by using sister’s guild and alt’s account to get them win 1st place. And the want the devs to do something. And my comment is to asked them if anyone of them had done it. Because I don’t think anyone would do that. By the calculate of the first place of total Dooms 2100-2200. For 1st place. Which it possibly if the guild member doesn’t 2285 gems that is 70+ sigils with 30 members it able to get 2200 dom.

So this thread was started by conjecture not facts. The DEVS have stated many times if you have proof of people cheating please send them the proof. I just want to say that I do not want to be contacted in game with complaints from a rival guild because I do not work for GEMS of War, I’m a customer not an employee. I enjoy this mode of the game and some enjoy other modes.

1 Like

@rojo they are definitely has no proof. But assuming. They probably warn the devs. And they tell the devs about other rival guild has been used sister’s guild to use extra sigils in main guild. They don’t believe anyone would spent 2850 gems for 500 in reward. They’re lucky didn’t says my guild name who did. Otherwise I will report and complaint that they’re recklessly report us without proof and that could damage our guild image.

Besmirch Birch? :kissing_heart:

Though It Would Be Cool As If We Could Start On A Day That Suited Us , Get A Bit Hard To total up Guild Points , Though They Could do it Monthly The Results You Know they are cool n always looking for suggestions . Especially clever ones like that enabling more people to play

This is ludicrous. Since this game mode was introduced we have had complaint after complaint and now we have got the totally expected finger pointing that is so prolific with certain individuals. Let’s start with basic maths. A well organised guild who scouts and communicates effectively and has a decent team can EASILY score in excess of 40 dooms with a weapon tier purchase each. 1200 dooms minimum…1320 plus if you are on form. Any accusations are based on 1 issue…the paranoid delusions of the guild who must be first. 1st doom was crying about rewards. 2nd doom they spent more to be P1 despite doom 1 complaint. Doom 3? We aren’t buying victory so someone must be cheating by using the system WE HAVE come up with. Hilarious. However, it wasn’t just one guild that gave them a scare so on what basis is the musical chair theory of multiple guilds founded? Before I forget, the guild making this accusation and thread have a “retirement guild” with about 14 members in it. Nice place to spin your alts perhaps? So, in a nutshell it’s the same old story. If we win we will brag (without letting on how much it cost) about our ‘superiority’; if you get close you must be cheating even though we are the ones providing a method to do so. This guild seems to know every scam, scheme and exploit way ahead of anyone else…so if you are getting close, their paranoid mindset conjures up that you must have discovered said exploit…not be a better more organised guild. It’s boring and repetitive and happens way too much with these individuals who out spend in most events to claim ‘victory’. I look forward to your next installment :smile:

2 Likes

Do you actually like how the current rewards are structured? Don’t look it as someone that gets 2nd, look at it from 99th place, or even just a guild that barely gets 12 stages done. Is that really something you like?

If you think 7-10th getting 75 gems is good, fair enough I guess.

1 Like

This post was totally useless and you clearly just necro this thread to put oil on the fire.

3 Likes

Well said and you are absolutely correct. Could not have said it better myself. Nice work.

1 Like

To be honest I don’t really give much thought to the rewards structure; we knew what doom was offering from the get go so being savvy with a game plan to bag all rewards for minimal expense seemed the smart move to me. I would imagine that most in the top 10 follow this concept. Beyond that the reality is very different. Lower guilds without discord, guild clubs or any desire to interact in chat is the norm, not the exception. Therefore there is slim chance of these guilds obtaining all event rewards unless a good few buy much higher tiers to compensate for sigil haemorrhage throughout the guild. For most guilds, doom will be a frustration due to lack of any structure as mentioned. That’s on their heads. Doom is a great way to encourage guild interaction and teamwork but most players don’t want anything to do with that. Anyone who has ever been in a non top 10 guild knows this all too well and doom has illustrated the shortcomings of gems of war whilst aiming to create a more cohesive approach. Your guild is without question well organised and many guilds could achieve much more with a similar approach. The vast majority of the playerbase has no inclination to do so, or to play wars correctly and that’s another reason why veterans leave the game. If you want the rewards you need to graft in a guild that wants the same thing. Such guilds are extremely scarce. So the rewards are irrelevant at this stage because I can see doom being avoided by most players other than to buy the weapon. And that’s a shame.

I didn’t put oil on the fire. The individual initiating this thread did that single handedly. Do you really believe that accusing people of cheating YET AGAIN is going to achieve anything less than friction within the community? Exactly.

Holy walls of text Batman! :bat: :laughing:

If you read truxton post again, you will notice he never mentionned the word “cheating” . He only bringed attention to the dev, saying there might be a way to take advantage of the event and he doesn’t think it was fair to be able to do it.

We all know the event wasn’t designed to be play that way and this is why truxton asked for a fix. It’s the same thing than delve when people were able to get #1 rank and stick to lv 20, it wasn’t fair for the people who were level 400+ and had trouble to finish delve

1 Like

Regardless of whether specific terminology was or wasn’t used, there is no denying what is actually intimated by this post. It’s very clear and very unpleasant. I welcome an absolutely level playing field with a playerbase of integrity. Events should have capped buy in to promote a more competitive feel to the game. Devs would get more revenue because players might just go a tier or 2 more because they are in with a shout at the power orb rather than being bought out of contention by those with the time and the resources to outmuscle them week in week out. That would be nice; honest competition; what a novelty.

And then once all members of said guild finished their purchases they COULD rotate members of sister guilds or Alt Accounts to gain more advantage over the honest players or simply force them to do the same in order to stay competitive.

Look, regardless of your personal grudge with any guild that rubs you the wrong way, or not, as i explained at lenght the devs have a breach for exploitation in his event.

Regardless if the reasons behind this thread are fear/jealously/e-pe#1@ show-off or whatever you call it there is CLEARLY a breach.

I prefer the devs take care of it in the sense of avoiding any future problems that would threaten a…

as you put. Is there any reason for you to be against any actions the devs take in this regard?

2 Likes