Lunar New Year Event: Lunar Revel

which is invasion and occupation of a sovereign territory in a war of aggression.
NOWADAYS we consider that a bad thing.
often that invasion came with a side dish of genocide.
doesn’t mean folks should feel guilty if their ancestors did it, but a nation itself can recognize it as a past wrong and take some steps to make amends.

we should not feel bad when a nation, a government, recognizes a past wrong and tries to rectify it in some way. nor should we oppose it.

in fact, lots of us would like to see the mobile games we play recognize a past wrong and try to rectify it.

4 Likes

Should they celebrate the stealing of their lands and the atrocities committed against them?

Of course it rubs them the wrong way.

It’s not what happened on that date but what the celebration signals to them.

Now you can’t blame people living today for what their ancestors did. But I’m sure there’s a way everyone can come together at some point. Not giving up hope (no matter what country).

One thing I personally don’t like at all is when people say that the indigenous people are better off because of the colonization. That’s western arrogance, thinking our culture and achievements and ways of living are the best. And it’s als not acknowledging that the indigenous people are usually not benefitting as much of the white dominated societies as white people do.

But that’s a very complicated topic, and if gems doesn’t want to touch that with a 10 foot pole and instead celebrate BBQ day or whatever then that’s totally fine.

Games are supposed to be a distraction, no?

1 Like

well, to be fair, we did give the world mobile games. gow, angry birds, etc.

…i am now picturing an Australian bushman [sorry if that’s a bad term], mostly naked, those neat sigils painted all over his body, spear at his side, sitting on a rocky outcrop in the middle of the outback with no one else around for miles, tapping furiously at his phone because an uberdoomskull match just dropped for the enemy.

1 Like

The wonders and joys of modern technology :star_struck: :star_struck:

Hey @Kafka – Heads up today logging in shows a discrepancy that may be a symptom of a bigger issue that will happen.

What is the real end date here?

Login Notice

Event area notice

Same thing happened with Krinklemas. Thought it was done by the Devs to extend the shop duration, since some people had to wait to get their currency back. Guess not. So it may be that the clock reset during week 2 of that event wasn’t intentional or is the cause of this issue.

1 Like

I believe this one is legit. If you remember what happened with the Krinklemess, the event itself ran for two weeks, and then the event shop stayed open to use any leftover event currency for the entire following week but without the ability to fight battles. I think it was part of the Holiday Update that they talked about this change to seasonal/holiday events. It was ostensibly in response to people fighting battles right up until weekly reset and not having time to purchase the shop exclusives afterwards.

So, that still being in play, this would be the last week to actually fight the battles, but the shop will stick around through the end of next week for similar reasons.

2 Likes

From last update patch notes:

" We have made some improvements to the Holiday Event.

• We have changed it so the Holiday Event Shop will be available for 1 week after the event ends, so players are able to spend any left over event currency. (This allows players who were in battles when the event ended to still spend their currency)."
4 Likes

Guess i missed that in the notes. Probably saw holiday events and kept scrolling. Still wonky with the time resetting

Still it can be deceiving. You glance at it and think, fine, I’ve still 10 days of battles. But no, it’s 3 days of battles and a week of contemplating your lack of seals.

1 Like

@JetoTuzi” should be in chests, can you give us a info about it?

At “Carmina” event it was stated 4-5 weeks after event for stuff to be added for f2p.
With “Krinkle”, this was a whole other mess… Seemingly is getting sorted out too for f2p.

If we consider above as “the norm” also for “Tuzi” then they actually have another week. Please be aware of the +1week of possibly collecting rewards after the playable part of the event is already locked to not falsely claim “should be’s”.

1 Like

Holiday event troops are available from chests 2-3 months after the event ends, like the Campaign content.

I do want to sort out a more solid chest release schedule we can share but it’s going to take some time to organise, you’ve beared with us so far so I appreciate it, thank you :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you, but we need a clarification about this:

8 Likes

Maybe we should make a list, research previous comments about release-times and also gather previous experiences - then ask for confirmation about it - and we’d probably still get confusing statements. :wink:

8 Likes

@Jeto Any news for “Tuzi”? Event ended 3 months ago.

completely false…

Event-play “ended” January 29.
Reward-claim “ended” February 5.

Never mind, it’s available:

I guess this means “4-5 weeks” is the correct timeframe?

Or it could mean nothing :sweat_smile:

At leastt during the first holiday event it was the “4-5 weeks after the holiday event ends” duration until stuff got added for f2p. When and why exactly after the first holiday event this got changed for the worse for f2p with “2-3 months after the event ends”- unknown.

@Jeto
How exactly will this proceed in the future? Why can’t we get proper information about such things implemented? :information_source: :question:

@Kafka
Any news about the “chest release schedule” you’ve been talking about (29+ days ago)? :clown_face: :surfing_man:

@Bramble
Could you help out? :zzz: :upside_down_face:

6 Likes