Lots of Previews - Guild Wars, Crafting, Dungeons, and more!

2 Likes

It’s already the weekend in Australia, unfortunately we might not have an answer before GW start so i count on you to test it and let us know :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

First GW match won’t be until Tuesday. Plus they’ll be back when it’s still Sunday for a good chunk of players. Plenty of time to answer.

1 Like

I’m feeling generous so here’s two :beers:

You do understand that I’m already ‘right’: I said I don’t know… and I really don’t know what it is. So unless Sirrian already sent me a PM that I failed to notice with the secret calculation along with the secret recipe to Bushes Baked Beans and the Dr. Pepper formula I still don’t know…

1 Like

I knew you would be confused so i edited post :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can give you this formula brudda if you want it

1 Like

i thought everyone knew it was the canned urine of people with kidney failure?

1 Like

That would explain why i dont drink it

2 Likes

Only if you include the new GW points formula as well. I seem to be the only one who doesn’t know exactly what the weightings are or how its calculated after a battle, or if the max points will stay the same or change a third time. :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

The integral sec y dy from zero to one-sixth of pi is log to base e of the square root of three times the sixty-fourth power of what??

Answer: i

3 Likes

The difference is what @Sirrian suggested is an incentive for the player to use a greater variety of troops and what you are suggesting is a punishment if they don’t. Adding a punitive aspect and making players feel forced to do something is much different than giving them a reward for doing it. I like what Sirrian is suggesting, I don’t like what you are.

1 Like

All you have said is true, that’s why I suggest an alternative solution, instead of taking the best 27 scores, someone who can’t play this week at gw could give his battles to another member, it would be a service, so this other member wouldn’t get reward for it. There would also have boundaries to avoid abuses.

I think there is one more misconception in what developers say.
… Because their data is used with statistics. That cannot be interpreted into real life decisions. Ever. (You can’t base anything on them)

Will you make players Paragon and Guilds #1 just because someone extra turned their way with Dragon Soul 8 times in a row? (this isn’t as unusual. I constantly cast at least 3-4 per turn).
Because you know… Both looping teams and Exploders are dependent on the board. Exploders on RNG as well.

By the rules that are presented - RNG will decide the very top spots. And I’m not sure if the community likes it. Because the players who can see 2-3 moves ahead and can read the game, and work with chances of new drops… Are mostly unaffected by the proposed.
… It seems to me that these changes smell of The Dragon Soul data. Because he just does it all.

2 Likes

I still think the color bonus will give more points but i would like a clear answer from the devs it would be really appreciate. If we want a little bit of strategy it would be nice to know % of each bonus

@Sirrian @Nimhain @Saltypatra @Alpheon
@GoldPhoenix0 @Andrew @Lila36

2 Likes

Over 30 battles range evens out. Over a month all the good players will rise to the top. The change in scoring is an attempt to blunt / change the meta and should be applauded

2 Likes

I do not say the attempt is bad.
… I’m saying that what they say they are trying to do cannot be done with what they say is going to be done.

Good players win in less turns? How does that make sense? In PvP - okay, I get that. Dragon Soul Data. In GW? I sincerely disagree.
In the community I play it, a big chunk of players haven’t even used looping transforming teams till I shared the them (some even after it). And they are great players. They just haven’t thought of the possibility or prefer different setup.
If you think about it - it somewhat locks the meta with troops that can get an extra turn… And I can see myself going for X+3 Wisps just to exploit the system on Red+Purple days (exaggerating, but you get the point).

You do not destroy the meta by creating rules that lock you inside of it.
I’ll say it again. The data they mentioned smells of The Dragon Soul. Great Players are decided by decision making. Why should anyone be penalized for playing safe in Guild Wars? Or using Healers (healers = spending a lot of mana for no damage and “wasting” turns by their proposed criteria)? Or playing with Draining Troops?

Denying mana to the enemy instead of getting your own is one of the best strategies in guild wars that the best players utilize to the maximum. I do not see myself enjoying the system if a meaningful amount of points is given for RNG or offensive game-play. Not in Guild Wars. If the points given are so few to be noticed - I wouldn’t probably care or mind. But I’m a cautious person. Better to give my opinion before the milk is spilt.

4 Likes

While I ‘potentially’ agree with your points I’m personally going to hold back all criticism until I see the new point system in action myself for a bit. I’m all about the provable, identifiable, and quantifiable. However prior to release, I do share some your same concerns.

1 Like

I believe we both have the same intentions…
… But I’d be the more assertive one when it comes to the potential risks of future updates. Always better safe than sorry :crossed_fingers:
If the update is fine and everything works the way we believe it will - I’d be as happy as a puppy which gets a new blanket to sleep on. But if it doesn’t - I’d hate myself for staying silent at times when my opinion could have counted.

2 Likes

Our last hope is that the rules don’t need to be all achieved so one player can try the 4 troops alive rule, another one the fewer turns rule, etc.

Color + summoner were already 2 good constraints and the choice of team for each day was already difficult. That’s why I want to believe that these new rules are there to offer more possibilities to maximize the number of GW points without having to put a summoner in your team.

1 Like

I still don’t get why they are so top secret about it. this is really frustrating to don’t know how exactly it work, when i play a game i like to know every rules so i can maximise my points and i feel like they want us to do some miss and try but it’s not the time to do it in such a competitive mode. I really hope they will give us more infos before it’s start.

3 Likes