Lots of Previews - Guild Wars, Crafting, Dungeons, and more!

So basically, if someone uses a Valkyrie + Justice + Queen Mab team, they’ll hit jackpot on all 4 points. How is that better balance exactly?
With the old system, having a 3-2 score with a full colored team on that color’s day gave you more points than a 5-0 with a team without color consideration. The difference between using 4 troops of the featured color vs. none was huge. Now you’re putting more emphasis on how the battle plays out, which is mostly dependent on the board and RNG, unless you’re using a gem spamming team.
This update looks to be most profitable for cheesy gamers, who like to run with their Mabs and Krakens on every GW day.

3 Likes

Will this help me, if the AI gets 4 resurrections in a single fight (which happens more often than you might think)?
If you want ‘luck’ to play a lesser part in the overall outcome, you should detach the RNG for GW from the rest of the game (if possible). Oft times you get a good board when you’re testing a team for GW in other game modes just to get completely screwed, when the fight you’ve been practicing for actually happens.

I like this idea :thinking: I’d give it a tiny tweak however. What if instead of giving you more points, your opponent would earn more for every troop already used? Let’s say there’s a 25% multiplier for every reused card, so beating the same def. team you used on a previous day would give your opponent double points.
Example: 1st day you use troops ABCD, 2nd day EFGG, 3rd day ABFG;
there’s no repetitions on the 1st day, so no extra points; on the 2nd day there’s a double G, so your opponent gets 25% more points for a reused card; 3rd day’s team is entirely made up from previously used troops, so your opponent gets 25% x 4 reused troops, meaning double points.
With this solution, there’s no need to have the def. team configuration locked on day 1, as long as the game remembers which troops were already used.

If you use this team you will lost the color bonus points which are the most important part of the score

1 Like

You’re right, but I fear this update may allow people to get more points than used to be possible without using the appropriate colors. A means of cutting their losses, using just their favorite teams.
We’ll see how it plays out…

Not that you need any help/hints. No one knows for certain how the new formula is calculated and weighted for each separate scoring criteria. (For the old one yes this was true).

1 Like

I must admit I was wrong, I never thought GW would be back again upcoming week, very happy. :smile_cat:
A lot to look forward to my bruttas…

1 Like

Sirrian said color bonus will stay the same so i imagine they only splitted the alive troop bonus in these 4 points. And it make no sense to give more points to someone who use a normal team then a mono color team since the difficulty is harder for mono color team

So i guess it’s the biggest part of the score like before

Oh if only there was a ‘blue post’ system to highlight any dev responses in this stream…

7 Likes

+10000 to this

Your quoting Sirrian like you know for absolute certainty that the 4 objectives are ‘split’ from the old ‘troops alive points’. And that therefore max points are the same again.

I saying that I’m not sure what the new formula, weighting, specific criteria to obtain them, or total for a GW day is yet. And I prefer verifiable things over speculation.

Bro i said i guess and i imagine, nowhere i said i was certain about this. This is the only thing imo that make sense, why put a bonus color if you can make more points with safer team?

Ok. Fair enough: you imagine, and I don’t know. Lets leave it at that :grinning:

1 Like

@Strat @Rickygervais

We could try this to figure it out.

@Sirrian could you please share if the new scoring variables have about the same weight as not only the existing variables but also each other as well? Thanks.

1 Like

So if im right @Strat owe me a beer and if i am not right i owe him a beer :slight_smile:

Here…
One for you @Rickygervais :beer:

And one for you @Strat :beer:

And one for me :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

3 Likes

love you Vangor, without you on these boards I would be bored to death. :dancer:

2 Likes

I am glad someone is entertained by my antics lol

2 Likes

Without you on these boards:

With you on these boards:
https://community.gemsofwar.com/uploads/short-url/gzVlxgo9vML16gPu9vol20zv90h.GIF

3 Likes

Lol and it would seem i saved your life! YOU OWE ME NOW! BWAHAHAHAHAA😈

2 Likes