Long distance relationship

There’s a joke there somewhere…( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

this is a happy topic zone.

if you want to bitch or be mean please go else where.

to everyone that’s shared, thank you. if you’ve loved and lost, you’re welcome too. if you’ve loved and won share your story of romance!

2 Likes

Which bush, the high bush or the low bush?

1 Like

@evilbatwitch
I’m old. older than you lol
but involve your honey and tell us how happy you are!

1 Like

I’m spoiled rotten with happy:)! we raised 3 kids (none of them his) together and we have one adorable grandson. I convinced him hockey was better than football, real football, and he convinced me real football is never played with an egg shaped item that you carry. There’s 11 years difference between us. sometimes you can’t tell that I’m the older one because I refuse to grow up, or act my age. He also hates when I tell the internet about him, but you all won’t rat me out, right? Lol

1 Like

I hope you are talking about rugby or soccer(football).[quote=“evilbatwitch, post:46, topic:15011”]
but you all won’t rat me out, right? Lol
[/quote]

I hope you get the spankings you deserve cause i am going to tattle so hard.(joking)

1 Like

Pay attention lol
Her husband is from the UK, so football to them is the girl sport where the delicate ballerinas prance around the field kicking the little ball into the net.

1 Like

In the uk, ya but sometimes rugby is called british football.

2 Likes

@UKresistance: My wife and I did long distance for 1.5 years living on opposite sides of the US. We saw one another about 4 times a year. Eventually I moved across country. We moved in together after 6 months, lived together for a few years, and have now been married for a couple of years. Couldn’t be happier! So congrats!

4 Likes

@UKresistance, @killerman3333 yeah, soccer. husband calls murican football “hand egg”.

1 Like

hand-egg, the most unmanly game, a bunch of men wearing a bunch of armour because they are scared to get hurt. Rugby is so much better.

1 Like

once, we timed how much was taken up in real action: running, kicking, etc. turns out it’s just a few minutes TOTAL of an HOUR play “time”, and a game takes 3 hours to finish. so 180 minutes can be boiled down to actual playing time of 5 minutes.

1 Like

Ikr i liked the whole concept of rugby but after seen my first game I was like “wait I didn’t sign up for this!”.

2 Likes

I met my girlfriend online in April 2011. As an agoraphobic I was just in a down period
and only really looking for pen-pal type connection but on day 1 I knew I had found
someone special and for 2 years we talked every day on Skype after she got home
from work. Jenny lived in the Philippines and I was in the UK.

I had been sick for the best part of 20 yrs and decided if I was ever to have a life
I had to deal with my fears and make a life with this woman. I started going out
again after 10 years indoors and it was easier than I expected.

In May 2013 I took basically my clothes and some electronic items and a laptop
and set off for the Philippines. We had picked a place to rent and after meeting
me at the airport we went to my new home. We lived there for a great first year
and then moved from Bel Air 1 to Bel Air 2.

It is now Nov 2016 and we are still together and due to how happy I am around
her the meds I had in my life are no longer needed. We are slowly working to
get the things you need to build a life and I hope we can marry in the next year
or so and I have no plans to return to the UK.

I think long distance relationships can work if you find the right person for you
and if you can be patient and accept something worth having can sometimes
mean you have to wait.

9 Likes

I have so many questions.

Please feel free to ask. Although I can say that it was and still is to a small part all anxiety and panic based. I still even now get days when I say just want to go to a local store that I go to 95% of the time with no issues but there are still days when I walk a few paces of my journey and my brain just says “Sorry bro not today, lets go home” and so I make sure I go the next day.

When I was getting better in the UK I went to some meeting on mental health and the room I was in had easily over hundred people and when I spoke to one of the main guys he told me he did at least 6 of these things a week and always with the same size turn out or bigger. Scary to think about how many are affected by their own minds.

Ok, first how did you feed yourself? How did you maintain a clean house (assuming you kept it clean)? How did you pay bills? How did you make money while this was going on? Did you/do you have a gaming rig? Did you gain weight/lose weight while you were ill? Did you ever get a physical illness such as cold, fever, flu or some such disease? Did you cook real meals or were they like tv dinners? Did someone have to come to get your trash to take it out or did you have a rub-goldberg machine for that? How did you get your mail or was the mail given through the slot? Did you have pets? Did you succumb to loneliness or did you eventually accept loneliness? Did you find a higher deity or did your faith not change? Did you get visited by walking bibles, (i can’t remember what they are called)? Did anyone ever come over to sell you stuff? Could you not leave your house, or not leave your property? Have you ever looked at the sun for more than a minute to appreciate its beauty? Did you ever look out your windows? Were your windows covered? Wallpaper or paint? Did you cry because you became unable to leave your place? Have you ridden a bike indoors? When you found out you loved someone did it bring you tears of joy that you found someone? I know this is a bunch of off-topic questions, but i want to know.

I sympathize with you in that matter, tho it took us 4 years to meet not 2 :grin:
We have met online, playing same game as we are both gamers, we talked every day and every night, playing together all possible games with that difference that we were both anti relationship individuals :joy:
We both went through many very ugly years in our lives, many nasty events, starting from being homeless, being victims of crimes, being 1s away from death and ending on really fked up relationships so thinking of creating some relation with other person wasnt really in our thoughts. Yet after 4 years we decided to meet and then it was the best 3 weeks of our entire lives. It took us another month to prepare and now we are together, crazy happy married couple :grin:
An absolute bonus of 2 gamers being a couple is that nobody gets mad on the other one for playing too much :laughing:
Also, we both were insomniacs but since we are together, we both sleep like a babies :wink:

To sum up: As you said, such a relation requires a lot of patience and acceptation and a LOT of trust to go on.
And you have to always be aware that the person on the other side of monitor can be totally different than he/she describes himself/herself. So ALWAYS, no matter what your heart tells you, take steps to assure if you really speak with the person you think you are.

Good luck Hairy in your life, I wish you guys all the best :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just don’t get these waited years to meet. mine visited me about 3 months after we first chatted, and the distance was literally half a world away. I did promise her sex 3 times a day though lol

Lol, remember I lived in the UK so being sick and unable to work is covered by the benefits system there. Part of the reason I went agoraphobic was the fact my mum died and on the day of her funeral I decided I did not want to go and I said to myself I do not want to really go out again.

I was lucky, my mothers 2nd partner although they never married, was a good man and even though I was in my mid thirties he never asked me to leave. We had converted the garage which was set just behind the main house into a place for me. I had my main bedroom area / computer setup with huge chair. I had a small kitchen area that I could easily cook ready meals or even meals from scratch in with electric hob and a combination microwave oven and a toilet and wash area and with my money I had a twin whirlpool type bath put in the building built onto the garage.

My rent was paid for to David by the local council and I received benefits due to my illness. It was not a fortune but it covered what I need to live and paid my bills. When you do not go out your spending tends to go down although I did spend a lot on food.

Supermarkets in the UK have online websites where you can order your groceries and they will be delivered to your door. I used to main shop once a week on a Monday night and it was delivered next day on a Tuesday morning. If I needed anything extra Dave would get it from local stores.

I was already fairly heavy but yes over the 10 yrs I put on a lot more weight topping out at my heaviest of 420LBs, today I am still heavy but run am around 355lbs.

I am a better than average poker/card player and made extra money online playing poker and gin rummy for cash. These winnings would go towards getting high end gaming computers and I would get a new model about once every 12-14 months. Mail would come to the front of the house and Dave would drop it off but also I had stuff deliver to “the garage behind the house” and it got to me.

The only time I got seriously sick in the 10 yrs I was lucky as at the time my doctor lived next door. Due to water retention I had swelled in my feet and other area’s and the doc checked me over the garden fence and arranged for an ambulance to take me to and from the hospital for checks, that was the only time I ever left my area. I did of course go out into the back garden as your not really afraid so much of “outside” as just dealing with the world outside.

Keeping things clean was not always easy as I did on occasion have mild bouts of depression and during that time being clean and tidy kind of slips down your list of priorities. Still I found a nice woman to pop in once or twice and week and it was a small place and she would tidy up and stay on top of my mess and would even put my washing through the machine if I had not gotten round to it. Her and her husband Colin became good friends and it was he who put my whirlpool bath in lol.

I had 2 cats I adored and as to loneliness it was something that never bothered me. I like my own company and for me it was the hardest thing to adjust to in living with my Jenny and her younger sister Joy. Still I get a fair bit of alone time as Jenny is now a licensed Real Estate Agent and is for the most part the one keeping us living comfortably. I help and have started to drive so I guess I will be a chauffer for her and clients lol.

No bike indoors but I did spend £800 on a high end treadmill which I think I used twice and then for the rest of the time I owned it I used it to hang my dressing gown on.

Finding out your love someone isn’t in itself something to bring you to tears, in that regards if I was a person that cried easily maybe finding out they loved you back would be what would do it. Not that I haven’t cried in my life but I think I always thought even during my illness that there were people far worse off than me and while that is not a comfort it is something that puts your own suffering into some kind of focus.

I am someone that even though I feel I opted to waste 20 yrs of my life being sick I am extremely lucky as now I have a really beautiful person both on the surface and inside. She has no malice in her and meets the world with a smile and that strength has helped me deal with the occasional bad days which gratefully are few and far between. I know I am not easy to live with but even when we plan to go out somewhere and I have to say can we not go cos today my brain says no she just smiles and tells me not to worry we can always go another day. I am not so sure I would be so understanding :slight_smile:

Hope that answers some of your questions.

3 Likes