Legends Reborn - Forest of Thorns

I do really like being able to re-experience the story and lore because I’ve forgotten so much of it from years ago, it’s technically still on gowdb but not as engaging to just read the plain text there, I’m glad it’s available in game again even temporarily. This stuff was a big part of the game I got hooked on with these story elements and new lore to go with every new mythic, etc. (though that ship sailed long ago)

Maybe if you’ve unlocked these kingdom stories more recently than 2017 it’s boring to see them again :yawning_face:

Having said that, I agree it is incredibly grindy and feels a chore to fight all 25 battles so many times, after 2nd time through the rest feels like homework

5 Likes

125 battles for a mythic pet? I’ll grind. No complaints. You grind that in PVP. I won’t.

4 Likes

I think I don’t mind the battles so much but rather all the skipping.

Wish that after the first stage we’d only have the battles to do in a row instead of having to skip the story, then every enemy introduction, more story…

16 Likes

That’s a heck of a lot cheaper than the hoard of other recent pets. My gem bag is extra light as of late. :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

Oh I agree, I’m doing it for the pet, great to get pet blocks unblocked so easily (diluting rescue pool unfortunate side effect though as everyone has said) Maybe it just feels more of a chore right now as discussed in the other thread about how many other things running simultaneously during this period, maybe next legends will be less busy

2 Likes

Going through the story again last Monday was nice. I’d forgotten it, so I read the whole thing and it felt fresh and interesting.

Reading through the same story again and again and again and again over a two-week period, though? No. If Legends Reborn had a selection of 5 different stories instead, (maybe 5 green kingdoms for this event) it’d be a much better experience.

6 Likes

Even if that ended up being too hard with the theme they’re trying to curate, I’d be happy with the story event triggering the first full playthrough of the event, then it just whittles down to the battles by themselves without the interstitial story text for each subsequent version. It’s not really the battles which are wearisome, it’s the needlessly having to skip through repetitive text content that makes it a slog.

Honestly, I really like the concept of the Legends Reborn event as a whole, even having to fight 5 iterations at harder difficulties gives some variety. The two things that hamper this event are the ludicrous paywall and what we’re talking about with being able to skip straight to the battles for playthrough 2-5. Fix those two and I’m happy as a clam with how this event turned out and would welcome them in the future.

12 Likes

I am with this too.

2 Likes

I’d also like the thresholds at which point the next playthrough unlocks to be set a little more friendly. The whole event runs for two weeks, the last (and toughest) playthrough unlocks on Saturday of the second week, allowing for only two day to complete it. There’s a pretty big risk to miss out on the final, possibly paid for reward tier there. A far better pacing would be to spread all the unlocks throughout the first week, so players have the whole second week to play the battles, on whichever day works best for them.

15 Likes

Who is Rowanna?

@Kafka

4 Likes

the game freezes in the last battle and kicks me at the start (Xbox), I want my pet and my achievement

After completing the last battle, the game hung for a long time - about a minute. It eventually unfroze and some new “cleared” animation played. It might be related to that animation. Not sure what you can do on your end, though.

1 Like

Disable all the story stuff After the very first run on the legend reborn, and call it a day. Tho there are still useless gratz with miniboss unlock 500 times per day, so I have little hope

3 Likes

:musical_note: Ohh Rowanna, freaky wooden mamma, she be tryna scatter damage all day :musical_note:

4 Likes

It’s finally over!

Leaving you this by a guildmate of mine:

Mega-rant time

Did my 3rd play of ‘Legends Reborn’ today and got annoyed by the different placement of the skip button on the story segments: top right before battle where the enemy throws some shade, bottom right for the comics.
So I added up how many taps are required in total for the game mode, as well as noting where they are on screen.

Start of each round (3 taps):

1. Tap PLAY (bottom, slightly left of centre),
  2. Tap Skip (bottom right),
  3. Tap Skip (bottom right).

Every battle (5 taps):

1. Tap Fight (slightly above bottom centre),
  2. Tap >> (skip) (top right),
  3. Tap To Battle! (bottom centre),
    [play the game!]
  4. Tap Skip (bottom centre),
  5. Tap Continue (bottom centre).

End of each round (5 taps):

1. Tap Reward (slightly above bottom centre),
  2. Tap Skip (bottom right),
  3. Tap Skip (bottom right),
  4. Tap Skip (bottom centre),
  5. Tap Continue (bottom centre).

I wasn’t paying attention from the start, but I think there are 12 rounds, most having 2 battles, 2 having 3 battles, then a single battle for the final round.

12 rounds x 8 taps = 96
25 battles x 5 taps = 125
Total per playthrough = 221
5 playthroughs = 1105 taps (across 5 screen locations)

I’m going to be retaining these numbers for my eventual RSI claim, or maybe one for soft tissue damage in my index finger, or for having thrown my phone out of a window.

16 Likes

Please get this done correct this time @Kafka and re-check after weekly reset if it works the correct way as per your statements! Otherwise this would be just another recurring problem. We had the same exact problems before.
Just a friendly reminder for you to also remember what has been communicated!

Please beware that thanks to the pet announcement bot of @gary_dils & @Hawx it’ll be no problem for them to determine relatively quickly if those pets actually can be found. Like last time.

Hoping for the best, but, well…

3 Likes

There will be nobody around to check anything at weekly reset as is always the case. Time zones etc mean that the earliest possible response to anything going awry will be at least 8 hours after reset. At least we should know by then if players are getting the new pet (maybe).

2 Likes

I just want to say I played through the entire Legends Reborn event 3 times and I have Rowanne on my Explore farming team and I somehow didn’t even notice this. RIP :expressionless:

Feedback noted and will be passed on!

I will check this again after weekly reset time.

3 Likes

I got the achievement “Kingdom Crusher” on Google play since I played on android, but now I’m missing the achievement on steam. This is the same with that Hoard Mimic achievement. Please change the trigger of achievements for these two. There is no point of forcing PC/Mobile players playing two times the same thing to get achievements on two platforms.

5 Likes

Hi folks,

I spent over an hour yesterday running manual tests on Pet Rescues to ensure the Legends Reborn Pets were in the Pet Rescue drop pool. Unfortunately, they are not available.

I’ve followed up with one of our senior programmers who has checked and has told me they’ll be available in 4-5 weeks.

I have also spoken with a couple of other programmers about our automated testing for new Pets and Pet Rescues for cases like this in future.

I will also be talking to the team about how the wrong information was given to CX so we can try to avoid this in future.

I know there’s going to be comments/questions so just to answer ahead of time:
Yes, I know that Pets being immediately available in the Pet Rescues after the event they’re released in ends is unusual. I did mention this when asking about the timing of the release.

I’m sorry the wrong information was shared.

16 Likes